Sponsored

Which colors do you like? (Select 3)

• Total voters

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Need multiple pictures in different lighting of each color.
Agree - even if it's just one of those swatches with all the colors instead of the full vehicle, that would go a long way in helping us decide.
Sponsored

GMK83

First Name
Guerin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (preorder)
I'm between Granite, Silver and White. Every day a different color. I'm both happy and sad that I'm not on the priority delivery because I'm having a hard time deciding on color. I'm also holding out hope that the larger battery pack won't be way into 2022 and I can change my R1S to the larger pack without a huge hit to delivery timeline.

ATL_Canes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; R1T LE (Delivered April 2022)
I haven't seen this question posed anywhere, so throwing it out here (seeing the LA Silver color in another thread got me thinking). What are people's thoughts on Limestone being similar to what Porsche calls "chalk"? My in-laws have a Panamera in this color and I love it.

I'm currently configured as an El Cap, but if Limestone ends up being close to that coloring, then I may have to reconsider!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
What are people's thoughts on Limestone being similar to what Porsche calls "chalk"? My in-laws have a Panamera in this color and I love it.
If it is, I'm all over it. I love that color as well.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Im getting so tired of seeing the 50 shades of grey in todays auto industry im glad they have a couple colors that pop. hence why my vote ids the Rivian Blue.

Sponsored

GPinIAH

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge ram 1500 Longhorn
Occupation
Engineer
I'm going midnight because I'll be wrapping it in 3M M22 deep matte black anyway :)

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T
I haven't seen this question posed anywhere, so throwing it out here (seeing the LA Silver color in another thread got me thinking). What are people's thoughts on Limestone being similar to what Porsche calls "chalk"? My in-laws have a Panamera in this color and I love it.

I'm currently configured as an El Cap, but if Limestone ends up being close to that coloring, then I may have to reconsider!
I’m guessing limestone will have a bit more green tint to it. Chalk to me is more of what I’d describe as a powder white. More gray hew than green.

Last edited:

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
waiting for the illusive Launch Green:angel:

Gshenderson

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla S 85D, 2019 4Runner TRD Offroad, R1T

Gearhead500

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 XLT
Occupation
Director of Marketing & Ecommerce
I’m team LEGreen till I switch to team Compass Yellow all the way.#Audacious#HeadTurner

Sponsored

Don

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, White, Forest Edge, 22” Brights
Occupation
Mechanical, Engineering, Technician for Navy (Undersea Warfare)Retired
Im getting so tired of seeing the 50 shades of grey in todays auto industry im glad they have a couple colors that pop. hence why my vote ids the Rivian Blue.
I could be wrong but because it’s sight unseen I think a lot of people are choosing EL Cap because it’s a safe color to choose, being gray It’s neutral.

Eeyore

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, ID.4 Pro S, Civic, EX-L, Honda Fit
Occupation
Union Journeyman Electrician, foreman
Clubs

I find it interesting that midnight (black) is tied for last in popularity in this poll.
I wish car manufacturers producted car colors that more closely matched the results of the poll. There would be way fewer black cars on dealer lots and more colors that I'd prefer.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
I find it interesting that midnight (black) is tied for last in popularity in this poll.
I wish car manufacturers producted car colors that more closely matched the results of the poll. There would be way fewer black cars on dealer lots and more colors that I'd prefer.
I went through a phase with black, I think 6 in a row.

Last 2 purchases, R1S will make 3 was a gray with black interior. I like how it kind of gets lost in the crowd and does not stick out.

Seems to keep the blue lights away as well.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
The granite is the one I most want to see in a non-rendered form. If my wife insists on black, I have no problem with that.
I changed from Granite/Black to LA Silver/White based on energy consumption/range concerns. I have owned Black/Black cars before and I know what it’s like on a hot, sunny day in the summer. I may still go for another color, but I think the interior will stay light and hear great reports from friends with light “pleather” interiors as to cleanablity.

Hopper

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Launch Green R1T, 2022 Polaris Ranger NorthStar
Occupation
Retired Executive and technical writer. Board of Directors Fly Fishers International.
I went through a phase with black, I think 6 in a row.

Last 2 purchases, R1S will make 3 was a gray with black interior. I like how it kind of gets lost in the crowd and does not stick out.

Seems to keep the blue lights away as well.
lol… not sure a Rivian will be the right vehicle for getting lost in a crowd! My current truck is dark gray with light gray leather and it’s working well for me. MUCH cooler in the summer than my last Black/Black.
Sponsored