Sponsored

Which colors do you like? (Select 3)

• Total voters

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
If that photo is launch green, I think it looks bad-ass Army Jeep tough. Yellow accents play well here. Does anyone know if it is a satin finish or not?
There is a 1 second portion of video :19-:20 that shows it. You can see it shine green, and turn blackish as the light changes... might be camera aperture issues, but might be paint. sometimes it looks shiny, and sometimes mat. Very hard to gauge this color.

According to a chat session, the only non-metallic paint is white...
Sponsored

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
There is a 1 second portion of video :19-:20 that shows it. You can see it shine green, and turn blackish as the light changes... might be camera aperture issues, but might be paint. sometimes it looks shiny, and sometimes mat. Very hard to gauge this color.

I just got off a chat session with Rivian and “Amanda” wasn’t sure if it is satin or gloss. Also, she said that in the production videos, that was their “Eco-Coat” which inspired Launch Green but it isn’t the same paint. She insists it definitely looks more green than “poo-brown”.

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

LE green here definitely looks more like the Configurator "GI Joe green."

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color LG truck photo_crash setup.PNG

Godawgs

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Equinox; Toyota 4Runner

If you go the Rivian website and scroll to the bottom to select "STORIES". Then select the "READ FULL STORY" beside the TIME TO BUILD photo. Scroll down and there is a nice still image of this in action. Loved it so much I made it my computer background! It is bad-ass!!

opnwide

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S delivered 2/2023
Yes, I believe the photo of the R1T in the rocks IS the Launch Green, which I think will be more black-ish green, i.e. Army Jeep green which will look awesome on both the truck and SUV with the yellow calipers. Again, according to my online chat with Rivian, "Amanda" said that in the production videos, which I screen-shotted, that this is their "Eco-Coat" which inspired Launch Green, but it is NOT the same paint. She assured me it definitely looks green and not Poo-Brown, but anyone please feel free to confirm this again.
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color launch green
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color Not launch green.JPG
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color not launch green2.JPG

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I originally picked the El Cap Granite but switched it to launch green. Since it is exclusive to the LE it could be a collector item — over time it will be a unique color distinctive of being one of the early adopters/investors in Rivian.

I may change my mind later...but just saying...?

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Welcome to Team Yellow.

Sponsored

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I know red is not popular based on the survey but I found this pic

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 12C3F279-4AF0-4190-84BB-2791DF5EBD69

BBeach

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Retired
I know red is not popular based on the survey but I found this pic

12C3F279-4AF0-4190-84BB-2791DF5EBD69.png
I really wanted to see that color. Thank You. Looks much better than I expected in real life. I might consider it seriously now.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet
I really wanted to see that color. Thank You. Looks much better than I expected in real life. I might consider it seriously now.
It does look good. Sporty! It is like the Ferrari of trucks!

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
This is NOT the actual Red Canyon. It is a (very good) Photoshop of the Rivian Blue show truck from the Seattle event.

Lmirafuente

First Name
Lionel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla, Audi Cabriolet