Sponsored

Which colors do you like? (Select 3)

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I thought Rivian mentioned that the launch green was inspired by the prime color. I imagine this greenish-brown is that prime.
They would not put finished badges and light assemblies on bodies that were only primed. These photos show a finish coat which doesn't resemble any of the announced colors other than Launch Green.

ESTRUCK

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt EV-Kona EV+ORDERED R1T-Canoo PU-SilveradoEV
They would not put finished badges and light assemblies on bodies that were only primed. These photos show a finish coat which doesn't resemble any of the announced colors other than Launch Green.
This whole color issue has become a guessing game as to what is what. Very confusing and disorganized IMHO .

Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
Compass Yellow is totally growing on me for the R1T. Not so sure about the R1S.

my wife likes it too.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 1605398047582

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 1605398073866

Again: the colors in the real world compared to the render. It seems like perhaps down the road they would get live shots in outdoor lighting for configurator shots. I love that yellow in the parking lot at Rivian. The render Is all right. The blue from the road is awesome. The blue from the render is meh.
/shrug
Have to wait a year anyway. I’ll continue drooling as more live pics come rolling in.

jagged

First Name
Jeremiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick LaCrosse
Occupation
Principal Engineer
Clubs

I think that's an older image? They tweeted these out back in July, whichI think is a more accurate representation of the color.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I think more colors look better on the R1T than the R1S, though I think the S is a better looking vehicle.

Yellow: truck - awesome, S - school bus
Blue : truck - neat, S- toyota FJ

Sponsored

Jason C

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T Launch edition
It was hard for me to make a decision on color with only the images on their website
I was interested in launch green but would really like to see it in person or even a different photo.
I played it safe and went with limestone. But even the rendering for limestone was off compared to what I saw on the series long way up.
I hope they can send us samples or have an event showing us the paint in person.

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
For actual shots of Launch Green, re-watch this video. I'm not sure why they call it green though, brown would be more accurate.

Is that the same truck throughout the video? Initially a little green looking then last seconds clearly brown... Hm this may cause me to change to Forest Green...

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
It was hard for me to make a decision on color with only the images on their website
I was interested in launch green but would really like to see it in person or even a different photo.
I played it safe and went with limestone. But even the rendering for limestone was off compared to what I saw on the series long way up.
I hope they can send us samples or have an event showing us the paint in person.
I sent off an email to Rivian asking how I can see these colors before I make a final decision. I will post what they say...

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Is that the same truck throughout the video? Initially a little green looking then last seconds clearly brown... Hm this may cause me to change to Forest Green...
Color Flop;
"Metallic paints with transparent pigments absorb light, reducing the amount of light reflected outward. So if you view these pigments directly from the angle where the light is reflecting outward from the finish, you will see the highest level of brightness for that color. When viewed from any other angle, the brightness decreases rapidly. These colors are described as having high flop. "

FPK1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S Launch Edition
Occupation
Retired
I configured my R1S with Launch Green exterior and Forest Edge interior, but now I'm having second thoughts on the Launch Green and may change to Forest Green....
Sponsored