• Total voters

Novo-caine

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ5 and allroad
when I first read the description of the launch edition I thought it was only offered in the launch green but that's not the case right?
Sponsored

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
when I first read the description of the launch edition I thought it was only offered in the launch green but that's not the case right?
Right.

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I spent time scrutinizing the colors last night, and am definitely either white or limestone. I really need to see some real pics of limestone. If it's as light as the LWU truck, I'm out. If it's darker & somewhat flat, I'm very interested.
Same colors I'm thinking!

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Only photo I’ve seen of launch edition green. Not bad, want to see in bright sunlight!

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color B873AFD3-8F62-4DFD-AD2C-4C27DE2DC760

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer
Agree on the R1T - the brighter colors suit the truck's body more than the SUV's, I don't know why. Had my eye on the Forest Green for my R1S, but now both Launch Green and Limestone are giving me pause. Do we know if the Launch Green is going to be like a matte finish, with no metal flakes etc?
Those are the same 3 colors I'm looking at.

Sponsored

tx_rivian

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Chatted with a rep online today, she said she’d email me as she wasn’t sure which colors are metallic vs. non-metallic ...
Let us know the answer

SEARivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T - El Cap Granite, 20"AT Black
I always have preferred the darker gray like El Cap as most my vehicles have been that color. But there's still something I love about the standard LA Silver on the R1T. Probably because it's the color we've seen the most and I'm just so used to that being the R1T color. I like how it helps the front headlights blend in a bit but not disappear entirely and I like that the darker under-body contrasts with it.

But let's be honest. I really want all of the colors and choosing is going to be really hard....

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
In a chat with Sara yesterday, when asked if Limestone was the same color as the grey long way up truck, she stated that it was similar.

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
In a chat with Sara yesterday, when asked if Limestone was the same color as the grey long way up truck, she stated that it was similar.
I'm glad the answer wasn't yes, and I hope it's several shades darker.

Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I'm glad the answer wasn't yes, and I hope it's several shades darker.
To me their render of the Limestone appears to have a very subtle hint of green. I suspect it's either my eyes (no, not like in The Expanse) or my monitor.

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
I am beginning to think they are using a filter on their renders that is not accurately reflecting the real world color. Here is a photo of the render next to the photo of the live truck in Rivian Blue. The render seems more muted than the final paint job. If there is something else going on here, please inform those of us not currently working in graphic design and PR. :)
Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color Rivian Blue Compare

thrill

First Name
billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3s, (r1t)
I am beginning to think they are using a filter on their renders that is not accurately reflecting the real world color. Here is a photo of the render next to the photo of the live truck in Rivian Blue. The render seems more muted than the final paint job. If there is something else going on here, please inform those of us not currently working in graphic design and PR. :)
Rivian Blue Compare.jpg
It's impossible to consistently show true colors without complete control of the lighting, with capable capture equipment, used by professionals with an eye to color consistency and manipulation of the published image, a display device capable of showing the entire color spectrum and which has been properly (and recently) calibrated, and control of the lighting at the viewing end. You really need to see it in person with your own eyeballs in a location with lighting similar to what you'll normally have (I had a blue car that had deep red reflections when the sun got low).

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
It's impossible to consistently show true colors without complete control of the lighting, with capable capture equipment, used by professionals with an eye to color consistency and manipulation of the published image, a display device capable of showing the entire color spectrum and which has been properly (and recently) calibrated, and control of the lighting at the viewing end. You really need to see it in person with your own eyeballs in a location with lighting similar to what you'll normally have (I had a blue car that had deep red reflections when the sun got low).
That said, and having seen it in person, the image on the right is MUCH more accurate to the true color (to me, at least).

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
And it could be the prototype blue and production blue are different blues. Lots of things have changed, as we know.
Sponsored