Sponsored

Which colors do you like? (Select 3)

• Total voters

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
I was hoping for a gray closer to the bottom render, so will have to see how Limestone compares.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 20201112_000259
Sponsored

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I think Limestone was the color of one of the trucks on Long Way Up. It looks similar to the silver but is non-metallic.

bajadahl

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus LX470
Occupation
IT
The El Capitan Granite is awesome can't wait to see more pictures with that color.... El Capitan Granite with Ocean Beach Interior.... ummm yes please....

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Soul EV
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'm digging the Limestone. I really like the Rivian Blue, too, though. I like glossy, but not too metalic. I think a Beach Interior would be killer with either of those!

St Bernard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R2 2026, Prius
For anyone that has seen the Lunar Rock interior. Is it a very light grey? Hard to tell from photos. I’m picturing almost a white/grey? I’m concerned about getting the Forrest Edge with the Launch Edition Exterior.

Sponsored

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Hoping (as I’m sure most of us are) that the configurator coming Monday includes some better renders. None of these colors look great in the crappy included renders, just a basic idea of the rough shades they will be offering. Plenty of company’s exist these days that can process a render with ray tracing and get photo accurate color renders, with reflections and light bouncing and whatnot. The launch green looks like a kinda funky brown green to me, let’s see some actual photos of it.
I love the blue and dark green, but not sure if I want to stick out with a vehicle of that bright a color, so I’m leaning towards white which looks quite good in all the actual photos of it.

Rivian R1T R1S New Rivian Colors Discussion -- Vote On Your Preferred Color 42E85E61-0865-4433-B2E5-9D12432E73CB

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I’m leaning towards white which looks quite good in all the actual photos of it.
Got to see it at the Mill Valley event, the white looks spectacular in person.

Sponsored

sevengroove

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S Launch Edition
Me too, and the r1t looked fantastic in rivian blue as well.
Agree on the R1T - the brighter colors suit the truck's body more than the SUV's, I don't know why. Had my eye on the Forest Green for my R1S, but now both Launch Green and Limestone are giving me pause. Do we know if the Launch Green is going to be like a matte finish, with no metal flakes etc?

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

For actual shots of Launch Green, re-watch this video. I'm not sure why they call it green though, brown would be more accurate.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
Reading through the FAQ's for the support... Glacier White and LA Silver are stock. Launch Edition gets the green as a standard option. All other colors are upgrades.

Both the R1T and the R1S are standard with LA Silver or Glacier White. Launch Edition vehicles will also have an exclusive Launch Green to choose from. You can also choose to upgrade your paint to Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, Forest Green, Red Canyon, Midnight, El Cap Granite or Limestone.

Ssaygmo

First Name
Sage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Reading through the FAQ's for the support... Glacier White and LA Silver are stock. Launch Edition gets the green as a standard option. All other colors are upgrades.

Both the R1T and the R1S are standard with LA Silver or Glacier White. Launch Edition vehicles will also have an exclusive Launch Green to choose from. You can also choose to upgrade your paint to Rivian Blue, Compass Yellow, Forest Green, Red Canyon, Midnight, El Cap Granite or Limestone.
Ahh good eye. So depending on price, that changes things for me, I’m not willing to pay a few thousand more for paint when white looks great. Can’t wait to see a finished photo in launch green though!

Coast2Coast

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1981 Volvo wagn; 2006 Tacoma SR5; 2021 Toy Mirai
Lighter colors look better on the R1S because the roof and rear pillars are blacked out. White looks terrific because two colors, white and black, complement each other all around. Silver & limestone should look good too because, once again, there's a nice contrast in complementary colors along the entire body line.

In the R1T's case, there's a void in back and no offsetting contrast. So, darker and/or brighter colors will go well with the R1T. No clash and no need to complement blacked out roof and pillars.
Sponsored