First Name
Donald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2024 BMW i4 M50
Occupation
Stuff and things
Glad to hear you were made whole and quickly.
Sponsored

BoltEVowner

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
West Georgia, dangerously close to Alabama
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt EUV, Chevy Volt, RAV4, Winnebago, R1T
Occupation
retired physician
The vehicles were all at their current pricing that they would charge anybody else. But the insurance company had to make me whole too. All the comps they could find at dealers were more than the cost of new builds. So I came out in good shape.

Also with Rivian nationwide total replacement cost insurance you should be guaranteed to be made whole in such a situation.
I have my R1T insured with Allstate. They do have an auto replacement rider that would cost me an extra $33 per year to add. But, not sure how it compares to the Rivian Nationwide total replacement cost insurance. Going to contact both companies to find out. I can imagine how difficult it could be to replace mine otherwise....don't want to go there!

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Rivian got me a new R1T just 27 days after a drunk driver crashed into us and totaled the OG.

Just a few quick things:

I loved the OG truck. And the way it protected us made it an absolute no-brainer to stick with Rivian for all future purchases. It was a low 3000 VIN. The few little blemishes that existed on it, like the top roof glass not being flush and causing some wind noise and a couple of paint blemishes do NOT exist in this new one. I actually have not found any such issues at all so far.

This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.

The new in house sound system is sick! Much much harder hitting than the Meridian was. On the OG I used Jazz setting on the EQ and bumped up the scale to give it more base. On this new one I didn't adjust the EQ at all, I just set it to classical and it sounds great.

Obviously no current cover for the bed. But the rails are there. I'm hopeful that the powered one can actually be retrofitted. The folks at the service center said they think it probably can be but they have not gotten any official word or seen the final product of the new design yet.

Finally the OG was black interior. I loved that interior. But went with the Forest Edge on this one. It really really pops.

One final thought--if you are wondering about insurance, be sure to make sure that whatever you get has guaranteed new truck replacement. The Rivian one with Nationwide might be the only one that guarantees it. Not sure. But after all this went down, I would not play around with the insurance part of the deal. Trying to save a few bucks is not worth it.

*Now I just got to find some of the all weather floor mats with the yellow logo on them. I left the old ones in the OG. And the rivian shop hasn't had any in stock for a bit.
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
What's your vin? I have the exact color and truck combo coming
7FCTGAAL4PN019360

Alex D

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Business Owner
Rivian got me a new R1T just 27 days after a drunk driver crashed into us and totaled the OG.

Just a few quick things:

I loved the OG truck. And the way it protected us made it an absolute no-brainer to stick with Rivian for all future purchases. It was a low 3000 VIN. The few little blemishes that existed on it, like the top roof glass not being flush and causing some wind noise and a couple of paint blemishes do NOT exist in this new one. I actually have not found any such issues at all so far.

This truck is really quiet on the interstate. I drove it 80+ mph on I-85 yesterday and it was much quieter in the cabin than the OG.

The new in house sound system is sick! Much much harder hitting than the Meridian was. On the OG I used Jazz setting on the EQ and bumped up the scale to give it more base. On this new one I didn't adjust the EQ at all, I just set it to classical and it sounds great.

Obviously no current cover for the bed. But the rails are there. I'm hopeful that the powered one can actually be retrofitted. The folks at the service center said they think it probably can be but they have not gotten any official word or seen the final product of the new design yet.

Finally the OG was black interior. I loved that interior. But went with the Forest Edge on this one. It really really pops.

One final thought--if you are wondering about insurance, be sure to make sure that whatever you get has guaranteed new truck replacement. The Rivian one with Nationwide might be the only one that guarantees it. Not sure. But after all this went down, I would not play around with the insurance part of the deal. Trying to save a few bucks is not worth it.

*Now I just got to find some of the all weather floor mats with the yellow logo on them. I left the old ones in the OG. And the rivian shop hasn't had any in stock for a bit.
IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
Iā€™m so glad you got your new truck so quickly!

question for you, I started the thread about the T-Boned R1T a couple days ago and Iā€™m assuming my truck is going to be totaled as well. I should get more info tomorrow. But Iā€™m wondering, how did the insurance convo play out with the at fault drivers insurance? Because ultimately they would have had to pay your RCV right? Iā€™m not sure if my policy is ACV or RCV and Iā€™m a bit concerned. Yes the comps are higher than what I paid for my first truck but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be willing to pay the 15k additional out of pocket if I had to for the New one. Iā€™m trying to stay positive here since I donā€™t have all the info but itā€™s difficult. The difference in pricing is intimidating if my policy wonā€™t cover the replacement.

also did the insurance company ever give you a repair value? Iā€™m curious what the estimate would have been. Apologies if itā€™s been posted already but I didnā€™t see it anywhere.

have a great day!

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just a few quick things:

IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1611.jpeg
IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg
IMG_1604.jpeg
IMG_1603.jpeg
IMG_1602.jpeg
IMG_1601.jpeg
IMG_1600.jpeg
IMG_1599.jpeg
Iā€™m hoping this process goes as smoothly for me as it did for you.

Sponsored

OP
OP

rivianUGA

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yukon
Iā€™m so glad you got your new truck so quickly!

question for you, I started the thread about the T-Boned R1T a couple days ago and Iā€™m assuming my truck is going to be totaled as well. I should get more info tomorrow. But Iā€™m wondering, how did the insurance convo play out with the at fault drivers insurance? Because ultimately they would have had to pay your RCV right? Iā€™m not sure if my policy is ACV or RCV and Iā€™m a bit concerned. Yes the comps are higher than what I paid for my first truck but Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d be willing to pay the 15k additional out of pocket if I had to for the New one. Iā€™m trying to stay positive here since I donā€™t have all the info but itā€™s difficult. The difference in pricing is intimidating if my policy wonā€™t cover the replacement.

also did the insurance company ever give you a repair value? Iā€™m curious what the estimate would have been. Apologies if itā€™s been posted already but I didnā€™t see it anywhere.

have a great day!
Alex, Iā€™m sorry I never saw your message until now. I hope things worked out. Feel
Free to DM me if needed.

Acoustic71

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC70; 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Your comment about the OEM sound system being better than the Meridian makes me want it because i too use Jazz EQ setting all the time.

I too have the Nationwide insurance via Rivian and the "new replacement plus coverage" costs only 146 for a year.
Just to clarify. Does the Nationwide policy offer RCV (Replacement Cash Value) or ACV (Actual Cash Value) for total loss. And is the "new replacement plus coverage" an additional rider to one of these types of insurance?

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

Just to clarify. Does the Nationwide policy offer RCV (Replacement Cash Value) or ACV (Actual Cash Value) for total loss. And is the "new replacement plus coverage" an additional rider to one of these types of insurance?
This is from a Colorado contract. Itā€™s RCV but itā€™s limited to 110% of the original MSRP.
Here is what the contract says:
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
NEW CAR REPLACEMENT PLUS

In the event of a total loss to "your covered auto" as declared by us for which the New Car
Replacement Plus Coverage applies, we agree to pay for the loss less your deductible as follows:

A. For a total loss that occurs prior to the renewal after "your covered auto" reaches three years of age, we will pay the purchase price, as negotiated by us, less any rebates or
incentives, for a new model year of same or similar make, model, body type, and equipment as determined by us. However, we will not pay more than 110% of the original Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price of "your covered auto" being replaced.
My MSRP was ~$80K so that would be $88K. I owe a hair under $58K so that would leave me with $30K to put down on a new vehicle. I didnā€™t see any provision that covers things like sales taxes or registration.

invernite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Honday Odyssey
Occupation
Clicking refresh in the R1 Shop
Clubs

This is from a Colorado contract. Itā€™s RCV but itā€™s limited to 110% of the original MSRP.
Here is what the contract says:

My MSRP was ~$80K so that would be $88K. I owe a hair under $58K so that would leave me with $30K to put down on a new vehicle. I didnā€™t see any provision that covers things like sales taxes or registration.
What you've quoted is consistent with my understanding of the Nationwide RCV policy. I believe they will add to their payment the sales tax (should be on the 110% value) and registration. At least that's what the agent told me, and was indeed the case in our loss.

The crappy part of this is that depending on what options you had, 110% won't pay for a new very similar truck. You'll have $30K to put down on a new vehicle, but depending on options, a new R1T will likely leave you with a larger loan.

I wonder what the at-fault's insurance company would pay if you filed a claim through them. I assume it's market value of your truck - not sure if that would be higher or lower than the 110% of MSRP. Since your insurance is through Rivian, I'd think they'd be able to get you shop acces regardless of which company you file the claim through.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

What you've quoted is consistent with my understanding of the Nationwide RCV policy. I believe they will add to their payment the sales tax (should be on the 110% value) and registration. At least that's what the agent told me, and was indeed the case in our loss.

The crappy part of this is that depending on what options you had, 110% won't pay for a new very similar truck. You'll have $30K to put down on a new vehicle, but depending on options, a new R1T will likely leave you with a larger loan.

I wonder what the at-fault's insurance company would pay if you filed a claim through them. I assume it's market value of your truck - not sure if that would be higher or lower than the 110% of MSRP. Since your insurance is through Rivian, I'd think they'd be able to get you shop acces regardless of which company you file the claim through.
One question I have is if theyā€™ll still pay 110% if I donā€™t get another Rivian, or at least a new Rivian. Iā€™ve found several used R1Tā€™s in my area that are under 10000 miles and priced at or very close to $80K. If I donā€™t get another NEW R1T, do they only pay out ACV? Iā€™m hoping to figure this out tomorrow.

Riptide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Frontier
Occupation
Fire & Rescue
Clubs

Wow, glad it all worked out quickly and that you are ok ! IDK if it is your camera or what, but your wood is so much brighter than FE wood, like a lot.

I agree on the insurance. When going thru the 8 steps a year ago, that was the thing I spent the most time researching. I knew replacement was going to be very important, not to mention all the things many companies will not cover that the Rivian insurance specifically adds. Can't emphasize that enough.
What kind of rate did you end up with? And how comparable was it to the others you researched?
Iā€™ve insured with USAA for years but this Nationwide policy seems like the way to go.

Last edited:

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Overpaid Computer Nerd
Clubs

What kind of rate did you end up with. And how comparable was it to the others you researched?
Iā€™ve insured with USAA for years but this Nationwide policy seems like the way to go.
I think USAA offers a new car replacement rider as well. Certainly doesnā€™t hurt to check.
Sponsored