First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Seriously , how many of us here will take the truck out to the desert and boonies with a bunch of sleeping bags and backpacks in the Frunk?
*Raises hand sheepishly*
Sponsored

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

Seriously , how many of us here will take the truck out to the desert and boonies with a bunch of sleeping bags and backpacks in the Frunk?
ya that's a lot of us here I would hope. That is the whole point of this. Its a flashlight in the door not an umbrella for a reason.

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
We will. The product and marketing strategy has us on, hook, line, and sinker. ?‍♂

Last edited:

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
It's gonna be that and/or a fridge. I plan to put a SkyCamp RTT on the back and save the bed for bulky stuff like camp chairs, folding kayaks, firewood - my gear should all fit in the frunk or gear tunnel (give or take a Camp Kitchen).

If I'm backpacking my goal would be for the bed to be completely empty so I can leave the tonneau cover open at trailheads - overt "nothing to steal here."

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Oh... that was awkward. lol. Well, I will be going to Mammoth and other ski resorts. I do go shooting a lot also, just haven't had a chance to go camping in the last 18 years. Maybe the truck will allow me to get into that.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'll go with a sleeping bag and sleep under the stars.

My wife says she'll only go if I also get the bed-mounted tent.

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

Lol. While i am certainly in the crowd of bringing it into the mountains/dessert with a bunch of backpacks (and skis... And climbing gear...), it's certainly going to feel funny compared to my beat up old 4runner. Expecting to be a lot more cautious on the trails, although watching the long way up episodes is giving me a little more confidence. They have my wife and I targeted pretty well with their advertising, now if only our budget was a better target for the price...

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I'll go with a sleeping bag and sleep under the stars.

My wife says she'll only go if I also get the bed-mounted tent.
I can see myself getting the bed mounted tent and taking my son. That would be really fun. Now the kitchen is looking really good, but for $5k?

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I can see myself getting the bed mounted tent and taking my son. That would be really fun. Now the kitchen is looking really good, but for $5k?
Yeah that one's a bummer. I would really enjoy it but no way I can justify that price. And sounds like the snow peak accessories might even be more on top of that.

Sponsored

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
Yeah that one's a bummer. I would really enjoy it but no way I can justify that price. And sounds like the snow peak accessories might even be more on top of that.
What are the snow peak accessories?

Andystroh

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I believe the utensils, pots, etc. Although I don't know if I've seen it explicitly described. There is just a message in the configurator that says "optional" snow peak accessories (or close to that).

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Business Owner
I believe the utensils, pots, etc. Although I don't know if I've seen it explicitly described. There is just a message in the configurator that says "optional" snow peak accessories (or close to that).
Oh, I thought everything would be included in the 5k

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

I don't foresee needing more than one blanket to use while camping. I will definitely be out there alone, as my wife still hasn't stopped laughing since I showed her the R1T. She said it's a baby truck with an ugly face. She keeps reminding me that the only way she "camps" is with a 38' house in tow! She knows the Rivian will never pull the trailer, so she asked if we could pull the Rivian behind the trailer!

Trandall

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2023 Mach-E
Occupation
Construction Management
Snow Peak makes fancy high performance adventure cookware (I have a Titanium 1-2 person cook pot) ans similar gear. It's a premium brand and priced as such, the set put together for Rivian will likely be several hundred dollars minimum. Considering the silverware in my house is mismatched and I may, allegedly, drink out of pint glasses acquired from pubs, I don't think I will be opting for premium place settings for a truck.

https://www.snowpeak.com/collections/tableware
Sponsored