First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
How does one switch to factory delivery? I asked my guide about it and she made it sound like she could match me to a vehicle that was being produced there but that there wasn't a way to guarantee it.
Yes they need a better way to handle factory delivery request. I told my guide that was my preference, was told I could do it, then I could not, then I got a call to schedule factory pickup, then it was canceled, then a couple of more phone calls, finally I was able to do it but apparently Iā€™m the last CA factory delivery.

They should allow that as part of the build confirmation for areas available. Would make it a lot easier for everyone and save them on shipping.
Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

in the most honest way your brain reacts... when you first see it does it strike you in the gray scale (obviously a light shade) or do you first see it as an "off white" color? I know that's a damn subjective question so whatever you heart/mind tells you that's the answer.

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
in the most honest way your brain reacts... when you first see it does it strike you in the gray scale (obviously a light shade) or do you first see it as an "off white" color? I know that's a damn subjective question so whatever you heart/mind tells you that's the answer.
When I saw OC for the first time (in an R1T), it was more off white than gray. But it was nowhere near pure white.

OP
OP

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
Definitely a (very) light gray. I think of off white as on the ā€œcreamā€ end of the spectrum. All Blue tones no red tones here. Actually, just neutral.

the woodtrim is authentic and the ā€œleatherā€ has a pretty nice hand for vinyl. Seems easy to clean except for the perforations in the seat. At the vertical midline of each seat (think saggital plane) there is a fabric trim strip that seems less robust.

the OC alcantara headliner is what I am most concerned with. Looks like a fingerprint, magnet and high touch areas like sunvisors are going to get dingy quickly.

Sponsored

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Googling "saggital plane" ...

swflor

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 R1T, 23 R1T, 23 R1S, 23 RR LWB, 21 Yukon XL
Occupation
Executive
Clubs

Congrats! How was the NC delivery experience given the lack of service centers? Did they bring it to you?
I took delivery 12/27/22. Live in Cary, west of RaleighThey delivered to me via flatbed.

I had a few punch list itemsā€¦scheduled mobile tech. 2 days before they called and said they would rather it go to SC which is in Richmond. They sent a flatbed to pick it up and they flatbed delivered it back. Honestly, what more can you ask for? I declined the rental as I have 4 other vehicles.

I bought from R1 Shop. I was Aug 2021 pre order.VIN is 15xxx.

Small gap issue at the hood on driver sideā€¦nothing worth sending back to correct yet.

Madsen203

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Manager
OP: need to learn to tie a Windsor knot. You look silly with that tie like that!

Sweet ride! Thanks for sharing photos.

dekeen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (on order)
Occupation
Consultant
I also had a 11/19 preorder date. Once I told guide I wanted to pick it up in Richmond, I had the truck within a month. Took the train from Raleigh to Richmond early last month to pick it up. The Richmond SC is only about three miles or so from the Amtrak station.

Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
Oh no. I couldn't wait any longer and so once they started OC production on the S last month, I switched to factory pickup. It was a long damn drive back to NC, but the factory tour was super cool and the customer service was top notch.

We had been "processing estimate" for a loooong time, but as soon as we switched to factory we got the 8 steps email within 2 weeks, and "delivery" dates offered for the factory just a week later.
Humā€¦ iā€™m in North Carolina, and we were always told factory pick up was not an option

Crashvt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hopefully a R1S soon!
Clubs

Congrats. Waiting for similar config. Did yours have the upgraded compressor and the new Radio?
Sponsored