Sponsored

New R1S LE (GW/OC/20") in NC!

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
Took delivery of this beauty on Monday 3/20. Pre order 11/2019, no config changes since 2021. PN--61XX VIN

Too bad its my wife's car! Major miscalculation...

Rivian R1T R1S New R1S LE (GW/OC/20") in NC! unnamed
Sponsored

nitin_chauhan

First Name
stranger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congratulations! I am Sept 2019 reservation holder for GW|OC|LE|21" model. Let's hope it is going into production soon!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Took delivery of this beauty on Monday 3/20. Pre order 11/2019, no config changes since 2021. PN--61XX VIN

Congrats on the delivery.

Just remember, Happy Wife Happy Life

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler
She looks very happy, which is never a bad thing. Congrats!

Sponsored

PappaBolt

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Corvette, 911
Occupation
Tech
Clubs

Congrats! How was the NC delivery experience given the lack of service centers? Did they bring it to you?

OP
OP

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
Awesome! How do you guys like the white on white?
I like it. Was her top pick and one of my top 3.

Honestly though, I got a factory tour and in person ALL the colors look great. El Cap is still my favorite, but none are bad.

OP
OP

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
Congrats! How was the NC delivery experience given the lack of service centers? Did they bring it to you?
Oh no. I couldn't wait any longer and so once they started OC production on the S last month, I switched to factory pickup. It was a long damn drive back to NC, but the factory tour was super cool and the customer service was top notch.

We had been "processing estimate" for a loooong time, but as soon as we switched to factory we got the 8 steps email within 2 weeks, and "delivery" dates offered for the factory just a week later.

Last edited:

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

We had been "processing estimate" for a loooong time, but as soon as we switched to factory we got the 8 steps email within 2 weeks, and "delivery" dates offered for the factory just a week later.
How does one switch to factory delivery? I asked my guide about it and she made it sound like she could match me to a vehicle that was being produced there but that there wasn't a way to guarantee it.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

INTERIOR PHOTOS?

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

unnamed.jpg
What do you mean TOO BAD ... just get your own. Done.

OP
OP

sshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S LE GW/OC
How does one switch to factory delivery? I asked my guide about it and she made it sound like she could match me to a vehicle that was being produced there but that there wasn't a way to guarantee it.
That is accurate, that is the same response I got from our guide. But she also told me it would definitely be "much faster" to have a factory pickup than any other option. In the end, it tooks about 2-3 weeks to be "matched". I had access to the R1 shop in the interim but we were pretty set on options and very little in the Shop had underbody protection.

In my case, I was pessimistic that any near-term deliveries were going to happen in NC. At the rate details are being eliminated (wood trim on headrest, 12v outlet in frunk, "Meridian" speaker branding, etc etc) - possibly quad-motor, I suspect at some point - I did not want to wait any longer.

I think once you get your VIN and the 8 steps then there is probably an opportunity to be difficult about pickup scheduling and ask to switch back to delivery. But I decided not to do that and to be honest, the factory pickup was quite a neat experience. If I hadn't had such a long drive, I would have hung out a bit more. There are literally thousands of R1s and hundreds of Prime vans sitting on the lot waiting for truck or train transport.