First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
This looks great, but as mentioned in a different thread, servicing for this is a real challenge: https://www.polestar.com/us/service-and-assistance/service-points/

You can get free pickup / delivery service in a 150mi bubble around Polestar Authorized Service Points in Manhattan, Los Angeles, San Francisco, and San Jose, with further locations coming, "s00n".

This isn't really something that is marketed to the vast majority of America and shouldn't be treated as such, unfortunately.

:(
Yes reminds me of Fisker, needle in a haystack. The new Volvo C 40 looks really cool too, a lot more real life serviceability. They are better looking than the Lucid though.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SlaterGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, Nissan Leaf, Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid
Clubs

I'm excited to see another 3 row 7 seat SUV coming to market as there definitely needs to be more/any out there.
I'm guessing it will be a tad small to be a daily for 7, but glad to see it nonetheless.

Reactions: Rad

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Polestar is shifting to a franchised dealer model (at least in some markets).
This is true in Oregon where they have granted a franchise agreement to set up a dealership in Portland. Both Volvo stores in Portland have techs being trained to service them (the 150 miles bubble still applies).
Test drives (planned starting date Nov 1st) will be booked at your location (contracted thru a 3rd party). They will have their Portland "Space" opening in early 2022, until then they will be located at one of the Portland Volvo dealers.
I don't know if they will look to sell their corporate owned stores to franchisees, but it seems likely that running a mixed model could create issues. The Bellevue store is a likely sell off since they can't actually do sales from there anyway.
We'll see once the SPAC merger completes (GGPI)

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

hmm as soon as I saw this picture I knew I had seen it before following the lotus group this is the same exact picture of the new Lotus electric suv that's coming. Lotus also owned by Geely now so it all makes sense but still they basically just told us its going to be the same car.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
hmm as soon as I saw this picture I knew I had seen it before following the lotus group this is the same exact picture of the new Lotus electric suv that's coming. Lotus also owned by Geely now so it all makes sense but still they basically just told us its going to be the same car.
True if you consider the XC40 Recharge, C40 Recharge and Polestar 2 to also be the "same car".
Sponsored