First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch, Subaru Cross trek
Occupation
Enrolled Agent
Did anybody notice that the outlets were on the passenger side of the bed interior where the air compressor outlet once resided??
I know I’m just looking forward to a test drive. With so many things changing, I know they said tailgate was powered. That video clearly looked just dampened. Perhaps that’s another difference in Adventure verses Explorer? A lot of vague descriptions so leaving a lot for the imagination. Good or bad, I’m still stoked!

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Did anybody notice that the outlets were on the passenger side of the bed interior where the air compressor outlet once resided??
They may have just reversed the sides, or moved the compressor further towards the front. I don’t think they took the compressor out because it’s still listed on the package.

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Jacksonville, Florida // Satellite Beach, FL
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model S 75, Rivian R1T Owner
Clubs

They may have just reversed the sides, or moved the compressor further towards the front. I don’t think they took the compressor out because it’s still listed on the package.
Oh, I am not saying they removed the compressor. I am just stating that it has changed sides.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
Oh, I am not saying they removed the compressor. I am just stating that it has changed sides.
They've always been on the passenger side.

Edit: I take it back... The COMPRESSOR has always been on that side, but the power was not...
Rivian R1T R1S New Official Video: Holiday Lights | Our Team | Rivian 1608738336312

Sponsored

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I knew of this change based off the number of USBs and 110V outlets but seeing that the style of outlet and weatherproofing has also changed from the "Show" truck to the "Production" truck is interesting. It seems more real world ready.
Rivian R1T R1S New Official Video: Holiday Lights | Our Team | Rivian B1AA5345-BDBB-4021-9B1E-29D4528A890E
Rivian R1T R1S New Official Video: Holiday Lights | Our Team | Rivian 35F7AD4C-C82C-4B73-9FE0-9E4128BD1CAE

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Video: Holiday Lights | Our Team | Rivian 054154A1-EE58-4703-BC95-465D1CE89E48

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I really wish they would do like a Facebook live where customers could ask them questions about the vehicles and they would go around and show us different things. I don’t know why they’re waiting to show everything on the production trucks at this point

drhnbtx

First Name
Darren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"22 R1T '07 FJ Cruiser, '13 Chevy 2500, '18 XC90
I really wish they would do like a Facebook live where customers could ask them questions about the vehicles and they would go around and show us different things. I don’t know why they’re waiting to show everything on the production trucks at this point
I might join facebook for that!

jimcgov3

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Chat in with Rivian and suggest it. Maybe they will actually acquiesce to our request. But we may never get it if we don't at least ask...

Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chat in with Rivian and suggest it. Maybe they will actually acquiesce to our request. But we may never get it if we don't at least ask...
Just did. They said they’ve gotten suggestions from other customers and will forward it on to the correct teams. We’ll see

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
Like I understand that Rivian enjoys operating in stealth mode and all......but come Jan 1st, we will hypothetically be a mere 6 months from the first deliveries of the R1T. I’m sorta baffled why they continue to be so cagey about details and so tight lipped about vehicle info.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Like I understand that Rivian enjoys operating in stealth mode and all......but come Jan 1st, we will hypothetically be a mere 6 months from the first deliveries of the R1T. I’m sorta baffled why they continue to be so cagey about details and so tight lipped about vehicle info.
I can only surmise that they are literally making last minute changes to a few things, and thus don't want to truly commit to those items that are in flux. This is both simultaneously great to hear (correcting issues, dialing items in, adding features) and rather disconcerting (possibly cutting features, simplifying items, cutting costs by cheapening prior plans, etc.). That's all supposition though.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
I can only surmise that they are literally making last minute changes to a few things, and thus don't want to truly commit to those items that are in flux. This is both simultaneously great to hear (correcting issues, dialing items in, adding features) and rather disconcerting (possibly cutting features, simplifying items, cutting costs by cheapening prior plans, etc.). That's all supposition though.
Tesla sticking to the falcon wing doors on the Model X cost them 2+ years in delays before they got them working to a degree where they could produce/ship the vehicles.
I'd rather see Rivian cut things that could create issues down the road and/or delay production than not look at what other options might be available. Dropping the fancy powered tailgate probably falls in this category. Would have been very cool but a potential source of many problems and big $$ to fix.

Fenwayfan77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Acura RDX
Tesla sticking to the falcon wing doors on the Model X cost them 2+ years in delays before they got them working to a degree where they could produce/ship the vehicles.
I'd rather see Rivian cut things that could create issues down the road and/or delay production than not look at what other options might be available. Dropping the fancy powered tailgate probably falls in this category. Would have been very cool but a potential source of many problems and big $$ to fix.
Absolutely. Totally agree. I was just venturing to guess as to why they are so "cagey" and lacking openness when so close to pushing those suckers out the door. Some of the disconcerting items might be a benefit at the end of the day, and some just might be items we'll miss or hoped they continued to include.
Sponsored