DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If you couple the information ^^ with the latest information (April 6, 2021)

http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO2&Sect2=HITOFF&p=1&u=/netahtml/PTO/search-bool.html&r=5&f=G&l=50&co1=AND&d=PTXT&s1=Rivian&OS=Rivian&RS=Rivian

High voltage laminated power distribution system with integrated fuses

A high voltage distribution system is provided with multiple fuses. The high voltage distribution system includes multiple laminated busbars that are electrically coupled to a battery and to the multiple fuses. Busbars are electrically coupled to the one or more fuses via electrical connections between the busbars and the fuses. The electrical connections can pass through other busbars without having an electrical coupling to the other busbars. An insulating layer may be used between the busbars to prevent overcurrent events. The configuration, size, and position of each busbar is selected based on the electrical requirements of components that are electrically coupled to the busbar and based on the prevention of overcurrent events.

It does confirm and sound like they can have variable voltage components based on what is available and still have a High Voltage Backbone Architecture.
Kanundrum, As with DucRider and others, thanks for sharing your technical knowledge on this topic and so many others throught the forums. On a completely unrelated topic, one thing that makes me realize how long this trip has been is the fact that today is your second anniversary on this forum ? (It's still May 2 here on the Left Coast). Hard to believe it's been almost two and a half years since the LA Auto Show rollout of Rivian.

Thanks again for all of your insights and knowledge on this Adventure!
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Kanundrum, As with DucRider and others, thanks for sharing your technical knowledge on this topic and so many others throught the forums. On a completely unrelated topic, one thing that makes me realize how long this trip has been is the fact that today is your second anniversary on this forum ? (It's still May 2 here on the Left Coast). Hard to believe it's been almost two and a half years since the LA Auto Show rollout of Rivian.

Thanks again for all of your insights and knowledge on this Adventure!

Well shucks thank you! As with everyone just a fan with a lot of time at home over the past year for obvious reasons haha. Also hilarious you saw my anniversary date here as I dont even recall signing up last year, could have swore it was way earlier! Much appreciated in any case and likewise goes to you and every one else on here who has provided valuable knowledge!

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Well shucks thank you! As with everyone just a fan with a lot of time at home over the past year for obvious reasons haha. Also hilarious you saw my anniversary date here as I dont even recall signing up last year, could have swore it was way earlier! Much appreciated in any case and likewise goes to you and every one else on here who has provided valuable knowledge!
Your memory is correct, in that it was two years ago not last year. I know the last year feels like two (or more) all by itself. Speaking of having time on one's hands, I'm sitting near a local EV Watering Hole in Portland, hoping for the rare Rivian viewing. Apparently, a couple of R1's are migrating through the PNW on their way South.

I woke up this morning with the options of getting in my car and investing a day by looking for a real-life Rivian, or doing my taxes. Guess which one won?

I'll post any pics/vids should I get lucky.

Again, thanks for all you bring to this party!

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Your memory is correct, in that it was two years ago not last year. I know the last year feels like two (or more) all by itself. Speaking of having time on one's hands, I'm sitting near a local EV Watering Hole in Portland, hoping for the rare Rivian viewing. Apparently, a couple of R1's are migrating through the PNW on their way South.

I woke up this morning with the options of getting in my car and investing a day by looking for a real-life Rivian, or doing my taxes. Guess which one won?

I'll post any pics/vids should I get lucky.

Again, thanks for all you bring to this party!
If you told me last year was 2020 even right now I would be like oh yea thats right LOL. Happy Hunting!

Mjhirsch78

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Odyssey became an R1T: MAGIC!
Occupation
Teacher
Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 1620485210422

I am Rivian Dad!
(Sorry, English teachers have to act out the whole scene)

Last edited:

Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

I sure hope the Roving Rivian's rambling 'round our rolling PNW rough roads and Palouse are scouting out locations for Phase 2 (and 3) of the RAN. Although they appear to be testing and troubleshooting the EVSE of our competitors for ease of function and billing, they most certainly are seeing where we need to be for Adventure destinations, but also where highway stations will fill in blanks to ease cross-country travel without range anxiety.

They've said they want our input, so let's give them what we'd like to see! For me, I'm hoping for Burns and Jordan Valley in Oregon, and McCall, Stanley, and Lewiston in Idaho.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Clubs

Let's not forget Soda Springs or Arco.
Nearby Lava Hot Springs might nudge out Soda Springs for Adventure possibilities, but I like the way you think. Their series of hot pools right in town are great year-round! Arco would make crossing the middle of the State easier and would also serve to open up Craters Of The Moon National Monument. ??

Feetdry

First Name
terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Ridgeline, Hydro 84
Occupation
medical sales
Nearby Lava Hot Springs might nudge out Soda Springs for Adventure possibilities, but I like the way you think. Their series of hot pools right in town are great year-round! Arco would make crossing the middle of the State easier and would also serve to open up Craters Of The Moon National Monument. ??
Yep, many memories from traveling the entire state plus eastern Or and western Mt for 12 years calling on veterinarians. Born and raised in the Boise area on a farm. Ready to go back to all those places with the R1T.
Sponsored