Sponsored

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Who can help me figure out where those dots map to in the New England area...I assume along I-90 thru MA, I-93 up through NH, and I-89 thru VT, i-95 thru Maine. any other guesses?
Just eyeballing it looks like stations at the interstate junctions- I-91/93 in St. Johnsbury, I-89/91 White River Jct, and I-89/93 at the rest areas south of Concord. Also the I-95 corridor thru Maine beginning at Kittery.

Maybe also charging at Killington area and Franconia Notch SP.
Sponsored

AlexL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Do you need to have a RAN DCFC when you get there?

See this a lot already on people wanting DCFC at their destination. If you are there for days, a Waypoint or other L2 option is plenty. Plugshare already shows L2 options with a few DCFC sprinkled in.
Truth to be told i don't know what i need yet. But i think i am close to know what i want :)

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
I heard that Tesla offered a nice charging package with their early backers.
For early Model S/X owners, it's free unlimited supercharging for the life of the car.

I have it.

It's nice.

I don't expected Rivian to do the same.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470
Where are the Photoshop pros? Please overlay the Tesla SC map on the Rivian map and then we can zoom in and see where these are!
Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info RAN and Supercharger

I suspect some of the green and red dots should be exactly on top of each other, since certain highways are clearly planned, but both maps have state lines and I got them pretty close.

Khaneric

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Plymouth Roadrunner
Occupation
IT
On any map you make don't forget to overlay Whole Foods locations as i'm pretty sure they will put Rivian charges at all those locations... maybe not DCFC but still.

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
Those Level 2 chargers are going to be pretty slow. 25 miles an hour? Sigh, hopefully over the next 3-4 years Rivian will be able to close the gap on Tesla's supercharger network, but man does Tesla have a lead.

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
RAN and Supercharger.png

I suspect some of the green and red dots should be exactly on top of each other, since certain highways are clearly planned, but both maps have state lines and I got them pretty close.
Be hilarious if they put some of these directly across the parking lot from the superchargers. Tesla Owners: "I thought only we were special!"

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
On any map you make don't forget to overlay Whole Foods locations as i'm pretty sure they will put Rivian charges at all those locations... maybe not DCFC but still.
great point. Didn't think of that. hope you're right! Get a quick charge as i over pay on groceries

Sponsored

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Looking closer - Mammoth, Bishop, Lone Pine and Beatty look covered as does something near Inyokern and possible Mojave and Ridgecrest hopefully.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
Those Level 2 chargers are going to be pretty slow. 25 miles an hour? Sigh, hopefully over the next 3-4 years Rivian will be able to close the gap on Tesla's supercharger network, but man does Tesla have a lead.
The Waypoint L2 EVSEs are not going to be slow, it's just that the Rivian is relatively inefficient. The Waypoints will be 11.5 kW which is the max speed that both the upcoming Rivian and current Tesla offerings can utilize.

Comparing a Waypoint (L2 240V) to a Supercharger (400V DCFC) is not the comparison you should be making. The RAN is equivalent to the Supercharger network, the Waypoints to the Destinations Chargers.

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
My chat session was less positive on 300kw in the LEs. I soo want it to be available and remain hopeful.
Screenshot 2021-03-18 16.33.42.png

Screenshot 2021-03-18 16.34.55.png

Screenshot 2021-03-18 16.34.55.png
Noob here, what's the difference between Charging rates of over 200kW initially and 300kW+? What does this mean exactly? I'm also a R1S LE

R1S Maineiac

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Volvo CX90 Recharge PHEV
Occupation
Medically retired 8/27/21

pretty sure that level 2 Chargers are intended to be an answer to Tesla's destination charging Network. If you read the description, it is designed for you to charge while shopping or eating, Etc.

There's nothing wrong with having some of these sprinkled in
Sponsored