First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
At this point, I would assume LE are not included...
I would assume, it has more to do with charging curves and information. They will be conservitive with charging rates and curves until they have a large amount of data. Once they can analyse the data, they will be able to dial in higher and more optimum charging rates. If you recall, they had 25% buffer (if I remember correctly) on the R1T in the Rebel Rally, so they are very conservitive with there batteries.
Sponsored

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Looks like we are wrong, CS confirms 300kW+ Rates on LE (Pardon screenshot quality, you cannot get a screencap of a whole conversion as its truncated via size.)

1616095443186.png
Damn, that was quick! I just wrote a post about this LOL. That is great news!! Let’s ask three more CS representatives and see if they give us the same answer though haha

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I read somewhere that there is an Alaska group looking to establish chargers in the Yukon and northeastern BC, giving them better access through Canada. I hope somebody does something up there. Right now it is a bit of an electric vehicle wasteland, especially in that NE corner of BC.
I've looked at this a number of times, trying to figure out how to get to Alaska with my Model X and Airstream. It's possible, but only by doing this:

https://alaskaferry.com/FerrySchedules/AlaskaFerryInformation

?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Damn, that was quick! I just wrote a post about this LOL. That is great news!! Let’s ask three more CS representatives and see if they give us the same answer though haha

I legit want to do this as well hahahaha.

My expression right now

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info whWBXVf

SpinDoc7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Outback XT LTD
Does anyone see a price for the home unit? I want to see how it compares to ChargePoint or others.

also, is there a google embedded map or something like that? I’m curious exactly what roads the DCFC are on
My thoughts exactly. I’ve been giving the ChargePoint Flex a close look. I like how their phone app keeps track of your total charging/spending. Plus Tom M (YouTube) from Inside Evs gives the Flex high marks for its cable size and flexibility, and the materials used in the construction of their connector. On the other hand Rivian is offering a 5-year warranty on their unit. My choice may hinge on how good the Rivian app is and what info it provides.

Sponsored

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
There sure looks like a lot more than 600 dots on that map. I'd wager that it includes the L2 destination-equivalent chargers in there too.

Mysta

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Polestar 2, Miata ND2 RF
Looks like we are wrong, CS confirms 300kW+ Rates on LE (Pardon screenshot quality, you cannot get a screencap of a whole conversion as its truncated via size.)

1616095443186.png
And that's exactly why I said I wish they were less vague. @SANZC02 Now we have a CS saying yes but they excluded that definitive information for a reason. If they knew for sure there is zero reason to exclude that huge highlight.(Because yes, I'm a tough crowd), I'm not buying an suv with 300 mile range and a 130plus kw battery and sitting there charging at 200kw peak rates(unless the buffer is quite large which we also don't know yet), let alone with a 300kw version upcoming if it's not a software limitation.(which does seem weird)

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
There sure looks like a lot more than 600 dots on that map. I'd wager that it includes the L2 destination-equivalent chargers in there too.
That's an interesting point. To note, there are 4 Colorado state parks in Northwestern Colorado. If this map included the L2 stations they are putting in all 42 Colorado state parks, I would expect dots in those areas. There are none on this map.

tscanjr

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
Occupation
Tech Sales
Who can help me figure out where those dots map to in the New England area...I assume along I-90 thru MA, I-93 up through NH, and I-89 thru VT, i-95 thru Maine. any other guesses?

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

And that's exactly why I said I wish they were less vague. @SANZC02 Now we have a CS saying yes but they excluded that definitive information for a reason. If they knew for sure there is zero reason to exclude that huge highlight.(Because yes, I'm a tough crowd), I'm not buying an suv with 300 mile range and a 130plus kw battery and sitting there charging at 200kw peak rates(unless the buffer is quite large which we also don't know yet), let alone with a 300kw version upcoming if it's not a software limitation.(which does seem weird)

I will chat with them to let them know that information so they can be precisely more clear. Id hope they would make a revision if enough people ask them.

AlexL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
A bit dissapointed Outer Banks are empty. I go a couple times a year from Toronto to OBX and would love to be able to do it with Rivian...
But overall great news.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Who wants to count them??

CoachBatch

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I heard that Tesla offered a nice charging package with their early backers. Wonder if Rivian will offer any incentive charging promotions for LE owners. ?
Sponsored