Last edited:

ohmman

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Model X LR, 2014 Model S P85
I did a little bit of online permit searching in some of the California locations (Truckee, Tuolumne County, San Francisco, etc) just to see if the ball was rolling anywhere and haven't seen any requested yet. I recognize it's early, but I'm sure there are at least a couple of permits out there somewhere that can provide some indication what's coming first. Who will be the first to find them?

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I did a little bit of online permit searching in some of the California locations (Truckee, Tuolumne County, San Francisco, etc) just to see if the ball was rolling anywhere and haven't seen any requested yet. I recognize it's early, but I'm sure there are at least a couple of permits out there somewhere that can provide some indication what's coming first. Who will be the first to find them?
Ive been checking almost everyday with no luck. I am assume a LOT of activity in upcoming months.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

At this point, I would assume LE are not included...

Same, always good to hope but I am guessing that is the price of early adoption.

Sponsored

nfrank

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Does anyone see a price for the home unit? I want to see how it compares to ChargePoint or others.

also, is there a google embedded map or something like that? I’m curious exactly what roads the DCFC are on

Reed

First Name
Reed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Toyota Tacoma, March/24 Reservation for R2
Occupation
Retired
I'm a little surprised at the general direction of the chargers in BC.

There is a clear route from Vancouver to Calgary, a connection up to Whistler and chargers in the southern half of Vancouver Island. But, there is nothing connecting up to Alaska. That leaves the chargers in Alaska on a bit of an island.

I read somewhere that there is an Alaska group looking to establish chargers in the Yukon and northeastern BC, giving them better access through Canada. I hope somebody does something up there. Right now it is a bit of an electric vehicle wasteland, especially in that NE corner of BC.

DucRider

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, Ioniq, R1S
One thing that is interesting... it says the Rivian is compatible with other CCS chargers but specifically says everything can be done THROUGH the Rivian app to authorize and initiate the charge.

One would assume Electrify America and others would be integrated then ala Ford Pass.
It does include the caveat of many locations.
I would hope that the major networks like EA are on board. More details closer to launch is still in play. ;)

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Looks like we are wrong, CS confirms 300kW+ Rates on LE (Pardon screenshot quality, you cannot get a screencap of a whole conversion as its truncated via size.)

Rivian R1T R1S New Official Rivian Adventure Network and Charging Station Info 1616095443186

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
There’s a lot to unpack here, but I’m going be coming through all of this when I have time. Up to 300 kW is interesting because they said future updates which gives me hope that it could be a software over the air update once they are comfortable with the limits of their batteries. Maybe I’m just being optimistic though, still 200 kW is plenty fast for the kind of traveling I would be doing.

Sponsored

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Looks like we are wrong, CS confirms 300kW+ Rates on LE (Pardon screenshot quality, you cannot get a screencap of a whole conversion as its truncated via size.)

1616095443186.png
What a bit of news there!

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Wow. That actually exceeds my expectations. Fantastic!

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
also, is there a google embedded map or something like that? I’m curious exactly what roads the DCFC are on
They don't exist yet, nfrank, so there is no such map. As posted above, they haven't even pulled any permits. Rivian may know about where they want them, but not even they know where exactly they will end up.

MReda

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi S4, Lexus LX470

1616095443186.png
Well, I stand corrected then. That's good news.
Sponsored