RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
  • Banned
Hi all,

Lurker on the Rivian Stories site mostly, coming here to hang out as well with my fellow s00ninites. I'm a July 2021 preorder R1S. Looking forward to hopefully having a delivery date for my own order by end of 2022 perhaps.

With that said - everyone has different goals, tastes, wishes et al..

I have a 2021 First Edition Ford Bronco 4 door lightning blue that I'd be willing to trade for someone's early delivery R1S. Just throwing it out there as a side note :)

Looking forward to being apart of the community.
Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Wait. You offer your Bronco straight up for the reservation?! Is it paid off?

bd5400

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, SL500
Clubs

Wait. You offer your Bronco straight up for the reservation?! Is it paid off?
I’d imagine it’s for the R1S, not just the reservation, haha

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Hi all,

Lurker on the Rivian Stories site mostly, coming here to hang out as well with my fellow s00ninites. I'm a July 2021 preorder R1S. Looking forward to hopefully having a delivery date for my own order by end of 2022 perhaps.

With that said - everyone has different goals, tastes, wishes et al..

I have a 2021 First Edition Ford Bronco 4 door lightning blue that I'd be willing to trade for someone's early delivery R1S. Just throwing it out there as a side note :)

Looking forward to being apart of the community.
First off, good to have you join the rest of us here. Welcome to the sandbox! This site and the gents at Rivian Stories offer a great combination of info and camaraderie as we learn more while waiting for deliveries to begin.

Secondly, it's nice to hear the possibility of some good ol' fashioned horse trading, instead of simply offering cash for a Rivian or a reservation. Nothing wrong with trying that, but this will be more fun to watch.

Jump in and enjoy the interaction!

Sponsored

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
I’d imagine it’s for the R1S, not just the
No offense to OP but I'm not sure I'd take that trade even if the Bronco was just for the reservation.
Lol, hence the confusion. If it's just for the reservation and it's paid off, then your just to the back of the line and likely didn't want it in the first place at this point. If it's a straight up swap for the R1... I give it an A for effort. ?

If anything, it makes for interesting conversation and a fun new member!

OP
OP
RivianNowPlz

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
  • Banned
No offense to OP but I'm not sure I'd take that trade even if the Bronco was just for the reservation.
None taken! Different strokes for different folks, but the Bronco FE is selling for $95k+.. I've got 20 miles on it, just letting it sit in my garage to trade for the right vehicle. My wife and I went all electric I have a Model S and she drives a Model X. I'm a huge Bronco fan though, I had one.. my dad had one.. my grandpa had one.. so I pre-ordered a new one for nostalgia but I'm full on the electric train so it's unlikely that I will have another gas vehicle after we sell our Raptor next Tuesday.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
None taken! Different strokes for different folks, but the Bronco FE is selling for $95k+.. I've got 20 miles on it, just letting it sit in my garage to trade for the right vehicle. My wife and I went all electric I have a Model S and she drives a Model X. I'm a huge Bronco fan though, I had one.. my dad had one.. my grandpa had one.. so I pre-ordered a new one for nostalgia but I'm full on the electric train so it's unlikely that I will have another gas vehicle after we sell our Raptor next Tuesday.
Where in MN are you? In-laws are in Southern MN. I'm eagerly awaiting a thorough i-90 DCFC network to get there from WA.

OP
OP
RivianNowPlz

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
  • Banned
Where in MN are you? In-laws are in Southern MN. I'm eagerly awaiting a thorough i-90 DCFC network to get there from WA.
I'm about 15 miles north of Minneapolis. Charging networks are being setup what seems like weekly by a few local co-ops. It's been great to see. Truth be told, I rarely have had to use the SC stations since COVID.. most of my travel outside of family visits myself is under 100 miles per day. If tesla opens its SC network up for non Tesla vehicles like they promised though you should have no issues at all.

OP
OP
RivianNowPlz

RivianNowPlz

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco, Tesla
Reading through some threads seems to indicate we should all know our est delivery date by year end. Is this true? I can't seem to find anything definitive. Would love to know for sure where we may be sitting. I still personally feel confident in a 65% conversion rate. If I put myself at 42k roughly in line that would put about 27k orders that get fulfilled ahead of me. I feel pretty good about a 2022 order being anywhere under 35k. Guess we'll see how they can ramp up next year!

Sponsored

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Reading through some threads seems to indicate we should all know our est delivery date by year end. Is this true? I can't seem to find anything definitive. Would love to know for sure where we may be sitting. I still personally feel confident in a 65% conversion rate. If I put myself at 42k roughly in line that would put about 27k orders that get fulfilled ahead of me. I feel pretty good about a 2022 order being anywhere under 35k. Guess we'll see how they can ramp up next year!
It was written in the email to LE holders that all preorder holders would get an estimated delivery date before year end and a estimate would be added to the configurator for orders going forward. To my knowledge that email is the only place it was written.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
we also don't know if their estimate includes an assumed conversion rate less than 100% or not.
Sponsored