boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
What bracket did you get for this?
Motorcycle Mounting Bracket 2Pcs 0.75" 1" 1.25" Horizontal Bull Bar Mounting Bracket Driving Fog Lights Work Auxiliary Lights Universal Clamp Bracket Fit for Car Motorcycle Crash Bar Guard https://a.co/d/icr2RQS
Sponsored

BoIsADog

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach-E
Here’s mine. Uses the provided Rivian front mounting plate. Does not block any of the sensors / cameras. And best of all, the mount only costs $12 for 2 :)

47B62AD8-E6D6-415C-9CB3-4912D274FD63.jpeg

856E6404-C1A9-43F8-854A-30F4E687A84E.jpeg

39D113D2-1EE3-47E2-BD2D-E971310E0B2B.jpeg
I did the same thing, bought the piece on Amazon, went to Ace to pick up a bolt and nut. I don't get my sensor blocked either.

Ace stuff:
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 20230128_083323
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 20230128_082830
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder 20230128_082826

Last edited:

madgrey

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2016 Miata, 2015 Viper
Occupation
Hardware Design Verification
The brainexploder one is holding up well after several months. However, there's one issue. The main mounting screw (8-32 x 1" machine screw) head was covered in rust and the nut below was starting to rust also. I replaced both parts today with stainless steel versions w/ a torx drive.

Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder r1tplateold

DDay61

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, 2021 992 4S, 2019 Macan S
Police in my state stopped pulling people over for expired tags and plate issues because the politicians told them to stop. So, I'm not too worried about getting pulled over for missing a front plate. (Fun fact: Timmy McVeigh got pulled over after his bombing for not having valid tags.)

Last edited:

Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
My cheap and cheerful license plate holder had been great. Had worked perfectly. But I liked the look of the built right license plate holder - metal and thinner than the one I had which was using the official rivian license plate mount. So I upgraded. Got to say it’s awesome! Has 4 mounting bolts vs 2 of my old one, and the license plate mount is metal, so completely solid and no movement. And just like my old one there is no blocking of the camera… https://builtrightind.com/products/license-plate-mount-rivian-r1t-r1s-2022

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
My cheap and cheerful license plate holder had been great. Had worked perfectly. But I liked the look of the built right license plate holder - metal and thinner than the one I had which was using the official rivian license plate mount. So I upgraded. Got to say it’s awesome! Has 4 mounting bolts vs 2 of my old one, and the license plate mount is metal, so completely solid and no movement. And just like my old one there is no blocking of the camera… https://builtrightind.com/products/license-plate-mount-rivian-r1t-r1s-2022
I did the same. DIY was great for what it was, but can't compete with the quality of the Built Right.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
SnapPlate doesn't block the camera on mine. Not sure what that reference was to. Haven't had any issues.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
SnapPlate doesn't block the camera on mine. Not sure what that reference was to. Haven't had any issues.
Seems that every image shared of the overhead view shows what looks like a snow plow in front of the truck (the camera sees the very edge of the license frame and assumes it's the full width of the bumper rather than just being a few inches from the camera and only the width of a license plate. Can you show a screenshot of your overhead view?

Reactions: sub

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
Do you have either of the two most recent updates? Some had the issue after the update do the the increased camera coverage.

Sponsored

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
I'd love to see one with the quality of the BuiltRight mount but some facility for easy on-off, like a quickfist style clamp but with a locking ability. So far all of these are a hassle if you ever need to actually use the tow hooks.

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Seems that every image shared of the overhead view shows what looks like a snow plow in front of the truck (the camera sees the very edge of the license frame and assumes it's the full width of the bumper rather than just being a few inches from the camera and only the width of a license plate. Can you show a screenshot of your overhead view?
Rivian R1T R1S New front license plate holder IMG_3378

Maybe that is bothersome to some...but it is obstructing about 1" from the front of the bumper which might translate to a foot or two on the ground.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
IMG_3378.jpg

Maybe that is bothersome to some...but it is obstructing about 1" from the front of the bumper which might translate to a foot or two on the ground.
How's the overhead 360 look?