thebwk

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
IMG_3378.jpg

Maybe that is bothersome to some...but it is obstructing about 1" from the front of the bumper which might translate to a foot or two on the ground.
Actually might help add some context as to how close I really am from the car in front of me while parking.
Sponsored

Blackhatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Self
Actually might help add some context as to how close I really am from the car in front of me while parking.
I suspect that if you are trying to skin the flint that tight...you're cutting it close already. I guess just watch for the plate to bend.

You are literally talking about a couple of inches.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
Hey, with the Built Right plate holder does one really have to remove the lic plate for every car wash or is it just a precaution? It's not a big inconvenience but if folks have gotten by without removing it that would be good to hear.

Sponsored

boardthatpowder

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Audi Q5
Hey, with the Built Right plate holder does one really have to remove the lic plate for every car wash or is it just a precaution? It's not a big inconvenience but if folks have gotten by without removing it that would be good to hear.
I’ve never removed mine when going through a car wash and not had any issues. Didn’t even know that was recommended.

dfx

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 LandCruiser, 2015 Model S 70D
I’ve never removed mine when going through a car wash and not had any issues. Didn’t even know that was recommended.
ok. thanks for that. good to know.
Yes, they do recommend removing the plate prior to car washes but gain, it's probably to cover their liability vs a real concern

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
ok. thanks for that. good to know.
Yes, they do recommend removing the plate prior to car washes but gain, it's probably to cover their liability vs a real concern
I know those car washes are pretty good at removing antennas so I imagine they might be able to remove a plate with a plastic attachment as well.

Gamma rays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
My cheap and cheerful license plate holder had been great. Had worked perfectly. But I liked the look of the built right license plate holder - metal and thinner than the one I had which was using the official rivian license plate mount. So I upgraded. Got to say it’s awesome! Has 4 mounting bolts vs 2 of my old one, and the license plate mount is metal, so completely solid and no movement. And just like my old one there is no blocking of the camera… https://builtrightind.com/products/license-plate-mount-rivian-r1t-r1s-2022
I did the same. DIY was great for what it was, but can't compete with the quality of the Built Right.
I was tempted to go the DIY route because of your initial reports. Now I am having second thought!🤔

One of my reservations about Built Right is the need to bend the plate as reported by some users. I wonder if the manufacturer has made some adjustments based on feedback from some early customers.

GR

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I was tempted to go the DIY route because of your initial reports. Now I am having second thought!🤔

One of my reservations about Built Right is the need to bend the plate as reported by some users. I wonder if the manufacturer has made some adjustments based on feedback from some early customers.

GR
I'm not sure if they changed anything (or if they really can) but the bend is slight and really easy to do if you don't add a frame.
Sponsored