kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

can someone explain why the complete Ultimate PLUS is not offered (yet)?
Sponsored

flightlevel

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
rivian
A partial gets gloss film and a full wrap gets satin film. Seriously? I can almost guarantee this is going to change in the upcoming months. Potential full wrap customers will demand a gloss PPF option.
Yeah this is strange. I put in an inquiry, I'll do it tomorrow if it's $4500 for full gloss too, I don't want satin.

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
All matte should also be an option.

Decent video on matte vs. satin:
Shame they went for the artsy lighting, so you really can't see much in the dingey garage! The only problem with matte over satin is that if you have kids, or anyone with greasy fingers, it really shows up a lot more on the matte PPF; essentially as bad as they do on gloss, but in reverse, and more difficult to clean. You still see them on satin, but not so bad. I used this stuff as a quick cleaner.

Mark_AZR1T

Site Sponsor
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
jackpucks.com
Vehicles
R1T Launch, R1S Canyon Red
Clubs

This is a very solid deal. I paid $2000 for full front package, mirrors, door handles, thick on front end....snap this up. Satin looks amazing on every color except launch green in my opinion.....

HokieBird7980

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Alpina B7, Mercedes GL550, Hyundai Tuscon
Occupation
Chief Commercial Officer, Pharmaceuticals
Clubs

So this XPel is the "lower end" of the film they offer then correct? I pulled this from a high end detailer in Charlotte who only uses the Ultimate. Here is the brief difference. Don't know if it really makes that much of a long term benefit.

As Charlotte’s premier installer of XPEL paint protection film, we have decided to only carry XPELs most advanced paint protection film, the Ultimate Plus 10. While others will still offer the standard 8mil, we only carry the 10mil which will provide the best protection possible.

Also not sure what the cost or warranty difference is, but thought i saw the Ultimate was 10 year warranty, not 5.

Sponsored

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3
People can get a little religious about PPF, but in my experience of working with it, and using it, Xpel and Suntek are the top tier, then Avery, GSWF, then 3M (there's others, I just don't have experience of them). For Xpel, the wholesale pricing has the Ultimate Plus as the cheapest, Stealth in the middle, and Ultimate Plus10 at the top end, but there's still very little difference in the price per roll. Not sure if 2mil would make much difference, I guess it could, but I suspect it's more of a marketing thing for the wrap shop, as they're not paying much more for it.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
I feel the blunt front end of the R1T would really benefit from the thicker 10mm PPF.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

$4,500 for the full truck. Isn't that what Rivian's price is? $1,500 for the front isn't bad though. They might want to offer the top half of the tailgate in that package as that's going to be the other high-touch area.

JayinNJ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, R1S LE Canyon Red
Looks like it will be local shops doing the work.

"Within 3-5 days, a participating XPEL dealer in your neighborhood will contact you with the information you’ve provided to schedule a consultation for purchasing one of these great protection options."
Perhaps initially and for those who already took delivery. Eventually at the or near the plant before shipping.

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I wasn't a Canyon Red fan, but my oh my ...

Rivian R1T R1S [New Email] Rivian offering discounted XPEL PPF to existing owners 1657923717188

Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I mentioned in the other thread.

Front Gloss = paint correction on front then application of film.

Stealth= paint correction not needed just apply. It says in their link

This is also a great time to add premium window film, ceramic coatings, and paint correction at an additional charge.

kurtlikevonnegut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T QM, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

I mentioned in the other thread.

Front Floss = paint correction on front then application of film.

Stealth= paint correction not needed just apply. It says in their link
I wouldn't think flossing would be necessary with the lack of a grill....

SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

I really need to see FG with the Stealth PPF before I get a guide assigned because EC looks SO EFFING GOOD that I might be changing my color choice unless I think Stealth FG looks better.
Amen brother. Amen. I'm dying to see EC in person.

Oh wait, I already did, and it was GLORIOUS
Also, if the $1500 buys you some degree of cleanup, paint correction, and install - and it's a good install - $1,500 is a STEAL for the full frontal.

Last edited:

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

People can get a little religious about PPF, but in my experience of working with it, and using it, Xpel and Suntek are the top tier, then Avery, GSWF, then 3M (there's others, I just don't have experience of them). For Xpel, the wholesale pricing has the Ultimate Plus as the cheapest, Stealth in the middle, and Ultimate Plus10 at the top end, but there's still very little difference in the price per roll. Not sure if 2mil would make much difference, I guess it could, but I suspect it's more of a marketing thing for the wrap shop, as they're not paying much more for it.
Any experience with Xpel Ultimate Plus vs. Kavaca PPF (https://ceramicpro.com/kavaca/paint-protection-film/)?

AO_Pete

Site Sponsor
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3