Sponsored

Honey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford edge 2013
Occupation
Firefighter
Rivian R1T R1S New Drone Video of Normal Plant Campus - Must be $25M - $35M worth of vehicles looking-searchin

One of them better be mine
Sponsored

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
So much conjecture and stupid comments..Units are "delivered" when they are paid for. Units are "produced" when they are ready for delivery. 2000+ units were actually manufactured last quarter and not delivered because they we're missing parts..NONE were counted as delivered or manufactured ...This IS RJ counting, not Elon Musk. His numbers have always been dubious
There is lots of info in the quarterly reports if you actually read them...

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
When we were there in December there was a similar inventory of vans. We were told that Amazon takes delivery via flatbed, so it's 2 vans at a time. Not an especially efficient process.
We were told the same thing. Once it hits the lot itā€™s considered delivered. Amazon is responsible for getting them and transporting them. They did not want Rivian handling this task.

Also, to the comment about empty lot space, the factory is a sprawling massive facility. The rail line is right behind the factory, by the delivery center, and they try to keep as many vehicles parked close in to make it easier to load them onto rail cars. This is what we were told.

mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Model Y
The short wheel base Rivian van would make a MUCH better mobile service vehicle than the current R1Tā€™s.

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
So much conjecture and stupid comments..Units are "delivered" when they are paid for. Units are "produced" when they are ready for delivery. 2000+ units were actually manufactured last quarter and not delivered because they we're missing parts..NONE were counted as delivered or manufactured ...This IS RJ counting, not Elon Musk. His numbers have always been dubious
You misunderstood the earnings report. There were several thousand vehicles that were produced and not delivered in 2022. There were also a few hundred that were built but not ready for delivery either because not through QC or waiting on parts and weā€™re not included in the built number which is why they missed the 25k build target. Had they incorrectly counted those non-deliverable vehicles they would have beat the target.

Sponsored

Oldsmobile_Mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FG/FE R1T recv'd 3/31/2023
Occupation
I build stuff
Clubs

I was able to snag a R1T launch last week from the shop and I started the 8step, not yet finished, and to my surprise they called and said it was ready for delivery. Really pushing out these trucks to get Q1 numbers favorable I imagine.
Same here. Said mine was available within a couple hours of confirming in the shop. Hope it isn't someone else's lemon. šŸ˜†

They're only offering pickup at the SC for me. Are you getting offered delivery where you're at?

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
Well, there is the physical delivery and then there is the accounting definition of delivery but thanks for contributing to the forums in such a polite and friendly manner.

ye3hawp0ny

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Same here. Said mine was available within a couple hours of confirming in the shop. Hope it isn't someone else's lemon. šŸ˜†

They're only offering pickup at the SC for me. Are you getting offered delivery where you're at?
Picking up at Costa Mesa

zajak1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Bum
This forum on many levels has turned into a lot of whiners and tons of terrible information..

like the first person who showed the drone video and suggested Amazon might not take there vans.
cā€™mon manā€¦grow up
Rivian R1T R1S New Drone Video of Normal Plant Campus - Must be $25M - $35M worth of vehicles 1679524952238

Sponsored

COdogman

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Occupation
Dog Wrangler