New delivery window

Albanobro

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 GMC Sierra All Terrain X
I’ve been a huge fan of Rivian and have been a LE reservation holder since May 2019. I’m scheduled Friday December 3rd for my first drive event and I am super excited. I received my new delivery window of March/April 2022. Anyone else feel like by the time they get their Rivian it will be due for a mid-cycle refresh?
Sponsored

BigE

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Honda S2000
I’ve been a huge fan of Rivian and have been a LE reservation holder since May 2019. I’m scheduled Friday December 3rd for my first drive event and I am super excited. I received my new delivery window of March/April 2022. Anyone else feel like by the time they get their Rivian it will be due for a mid-cycle refresh?
Absolutely a real concern, but if you say this out loud you get hate mail.

dsmithsalinas

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T & 2023 Polestar 2
Occupation
Product Manager
I think I saw someone else mention it in another thread, but yeah, for sure. Particularly for non-LE holders like myself. It's looking like those will not begin delivery until very late 2022 or even into 2023 which at that point, will they really still be the 2022 R1T? And if not, will be curious to see how that impacts pricing, features, etc.

Diddy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX
I think it's unlikely they use model years in their conventions. Likely just R1T Gen 1, which will last at least for 3 years of production. Then they'll move on to Gen 2, etc. Or they make just continue to roll out updates as they see fit, kind of like Tesla.

The old convention of model years is dying away, IMO.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Ford made updates to the mach e already, so that wouldn't be surprising to me. Not sure how long into the future until rivian makes a vehicle capable for the 300kw they have been misleading people about with RAN, but maybe that'll happen by the time it gets to me!
Sponsored