First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if we are allowed to talk about specific dealerships...

If the dealer is part of the Pi✖✖✖e auto group, they are blowing smoke like crazy. I avoid them like the plauge.
I debated on whether to go with the one in Kirkland or the one in Bremerton (the ferry ride was a negative, but not enough to offset my distain of the other dealer).
I am listed through Bowen who doesn't do markups from what I've seen and communicated th them.
Sponsored

Aroohoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
I am listed through Bowen who doesn't do markups from what I've seen and communicated th them.
Didn't even occur to me to look south...I'll have to take a look and see if it makes sense to switch.

Temerarius

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Tesla Model X, 2018 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel
Occupation
Sr. Program Manager
I went Bellingham (after seeing the markups in the Seattle area, especially the Kirkland Ford dealership... holy cow).

There is another good one in Olympia as well that has a dealership policy in writing of nothing above MSRP.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
But then they would lose you as a customer to the Mach-E, Lightning, or other EV actually being delivered on time.

I'm not the least bit surprised by this tactic, and am losing respect for Rivian by the day. If I'm pushed to Feb22, what's another month or two for an F-150 with more room, more spare parts in the future, and a much better frunk? *EDIT* And if the Lightning is under $80k MSRP, should get the full $12.5k credit. It's cheaper too!

FWIW, I'm Dec2018 pre-order for LE R1T LG/FE/20".
I hear ya. I have a Rivian order, and a Cybertruck and Lightning.

Pretty maddening how long it is taking everyone to deliver one to us. The Cybertruck is way off in the future. Who knows on that. Early 2024? The Lightning is going to be scarce. Not very many in 2022, so you probably won't get an F150EV until well into 2023.

Which means if you get your Rivian by April, let's say, it will be way earlier than the other two. (Not much consolation I know....)

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I hear ya. I have a Rivian order, and a Cybertruck and Lightning.

Pretty maddening how long it is taking everyone to deliver one to us. The Cybertruck is way off in the future. Who knows on that. Early 2024? The Lightning is going to be scarce. Not very many in 2022, so you probably won't get an F150EV until well into 2023.

Which means if you get your Rivian by April, let's say, it will be way earlier than the other two. (Not much consolation I know....)
My Lightning reservation is sub 10k, so hoping that puts me in summer. Ford is walking the walk when they talk about "under promise and over deliver"; see Mach-E real world range numbers; compared to Rivian kicking the can every few months.

Sponsored

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I figure, I'll place my order for the F150 and we'll see what happens. Maybe the dealer is blowing smoke and I'll roll in to pick it up and they will hit me with a $10k-$12k "market adjustment"...
A co-worker got that treatment on his Mach-E order. He was told repeatedly by the sales staff there was no market adjustment. When he finalized the order, a magic $10k adjustment show up, courtesy of the sales manager. He complained to Ford, switched the order to another dealer, and all was resolved.

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
12/8/2018 order. I finally decided to add the off road package back on. I really don't want it, but every employee delivery has those hooks, so I feel like if I don't have the package ,delivery is going to be delayed by a few months. It's such a small difference in the vehicle but with how production seems to be going I really think it's going to make a difference for delivery timing. I want it on there since we will supposedly receive delivery timing in a few weeks!

EPA tests were done without the offroad package, but we haven't seen any vehicles without it. Isn't that a little whacky? They also can't answer my range questions with/without the package, which is frustrating. But maybe it's minimal because maybe it adds a only a few hundred pounds .

Taycanfrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
12/8/2018 order. I finally decided to add the off road package back on. I really don't want it, but every employee delivery has those hooks, so I feel like if I don't have the package ,delivery is going to be delayed by a few months.
I really, really wouldn't option your R1T in hopes of getting it sooner. Order the options you want.

For all we know, which is to say nothing, they could have used up their inventory of off road package parts and only make R1Ts without it for the next 6 months.

We just don't know what they'll be building, so spec the truck you WANT.

Last edited:

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I really, really wouldn't option your R1T in hopes of getting it sooner. Order the options you want.

I get what you are saying. I'm not changing colors or interior, etc. My options were always the same, until they removed the offroad package . I was on the fence for a long time, not really knowing the range loss, and also wanting the added protection. I liked the hooks also. We'll see what happens. If I find out that it's a large range loss soon (Rivian CS says they will try to find out) then I will remove it.

stingerdav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Titan Pro-4x, Subaru Ascent
12/8/2018 order. I finally decided to add the off road package back on. I really don't want it, but every employee delivery has those hooks, so I feel like if I don't have the package ,delivery is going to be delayed by a few months. It's such a small difference in the vehicle but with how production seems to be going I really think it's going to make a difference for delivery timing. I want it on there since we will supposedly receive delivery timing in a few weeks!

EPA tests were done without the offroad package, but we haven't seen any vehicles without it. Isn't that a little whacky? They also can't answer my range questions with/without the package, which is frustrating. But maybe it's minimal because maybe it adds a only a few hundred pounds .
I'm not saying it means anything official, but the R1T I sat in at Venice Beach over the weekend had the 20" ATs and the off-road package, and it was showing a max range of 280 mi if charged to 100% in normal mode.

• Wow
Reactions: Jay

Sponsored

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I'm not saying it means anything official, but the R1T I sat in at Venice Beach over the weekend had the 20" ATs and the off-road package, and it was showing a max range of 280 mi if charged to 100% in normal mode.
Almost makes me want to change from the AT to the 21 or 22, almost but not quite! ?

Toadkillerdog

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 Porsche Panamera Turbo, 2020 Subaru Outback
Occupation
Physician
Almost makes me want to change from the AT to the 21 or 22, almost but not quite! ?
I definitely went 21 wheels. Absolutely what I need for my use case but the 20s look sooo much better??

Whmorken

First Name
Hubert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X. Toyota Land Cruiser.
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

I definitely went 21 wheels. Absolutely what I need for my use case but the 20s look sooo much better??
For me use case is “rugged” 12 months a year so 20’s natural. But for occasional long trips I need range minimum and hopefully chargers available. I have almost three years experience with T Superchargers. P S — want those 20 inch dark wheels. Cheers with the 21’s.

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So I just had a brief chat with my Guide. Don’t panic, I’m still on track as of today. But she did let me in on a little tidbit…..

Apparently, the teams review things daily and then inform the Guides about orders that “have had their delivery timing affected”

So as we suspected, the Guides don’t really know a whole lot. They just pass on info as it’s passed on to them
Sponsored