Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

What do you mean?
Contacted by Thanksgiving.

Expect an automated email contacting you rhe day before Thanksgiving.
Sponsored

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
They are most likely going to send out a general contact email saying "Your guide is <whomever>. They''ll be contacting you to schedule an intro call when your vehicle is closer to production. Soon."
At this point in my black hole of no communication, I would even take that!

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
I agree 100%. Honestly i'll never use the offroad package so part of me doesn't care but resale could possibly be more if it had it. Honestly though i'll probably keep the truck long enough it won't matter.

I asked CS again and they gave the same stupid talking points. I was going to throw my desktop out the window. I told them it's common sense that they should have the answer since people will potentially finalize orders soon. It's so frustrating, it's getting old.

Epa tests were done without the offroad package. But all we see in public is the off road package. We don't even know how the truck looks without without offroad package.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Delivery Date Update:

Thought I would share my recent updates from Rivian re: Delivery Dates

Hope this is not a duplication of what others have shared – too busy at work right now to follow a lot of the discussions on social media.

Background: 2/19 Reservation holder for R1T, El Cap, Black Mtn interior, 20” A/T, Camp Kitchen, various crossbars. I have a Rivian Guide (RG) – and was told that my delivery would be “last week in October”. Week 3 in October I received a call from my RG to tell me that end of October would not be happening – and that there was not yet a new date that had been verified. Last week I received 2 messaged from my RG asking to connect with me. We just did this morning.

The update is that my R1T expected delivery date has been pushed to 2/22. The major reason cited was “Quality Control”. Apparently there are also some supply chain issues, but as our discussion went on it became clear that most of the delays were QC related. They want to make sure that external customers all receive the quality product that was promised.

Other information shared: Production IS ramping up significantly week over week. My RG was involved in a number of deliveries last weekend. In a visit to the factory catwalk - there were 16 trucks being readied for delivery next week (Blue, White, Black, El Cap). Has NOT seen any Limestone Trucks coming through the line but IS seeing some new variations coming through – such as an El Cap truck with black 20” A/T wheels. Nearly ALL deliveries are going to Rivian employees/ex-employees. There are SOME going to ‘non-affiliated’ customers. There was a little hedging on whether or not there was some arrangement in place with ‘non-affiliated’ customers to provide QC feedback/report issues in exchange for something… Through the end of Dec most but not all deliveries are going to employees.

I asked about how delivery priorities are set. Apparently the final order is decided ‘above the RG paygrade’. They receive updates/information in conferences where they can ask questions – but can only share with us as much as is shared with them. As has been discussed here – some of the variables are: 1) reservation date, 2) the charging infrastructure in the state/region, 3) proximity to a completed Service Center. Even mobile service teams need to be in some proximity to a Service Center.

I know there are MANY reservation holders that have heard nothing from Rivian, but my own experience has been very good so far. No idea how/why I was selected to be one of the lucky few to have a RG assigned to me, but at least for me communication has been good. RGs seems genuinely interested in creating a good experience and sharing what they can. While there is less than hoped-for Marketing Communication from Rivian maybe these forum updates can fill some information gaps.

Sponsored

Ssaehrig

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Durango SRT, 2013 GMC Acadia
Occupation
IT Executive
Delivery Date Update:

Hope this is not a duplication of what others have shared – too busy at work right now to follow a lot of the discussions on social media.

Background: 2/19 Reservation holder for R1T, El Cap, Black Mtn interior, 20” A/T, Camp Kitchen, various crossbars. I have a Rivian Guide (RG) – and was told that my delivery would be “last week in October”. Week 3 in October I received a call from my RG to tell me that end of October would not be happening – and that there was not yet a new date that had been verified. Last week I received 2 messaged from my RG asking to connect with me. We just did this morning.

The update is that my R1T expected delivery date has been pushed to 2/22. The major reason cited was “Quality Control”. Apparently there are also some supply chain issues, but as our discussion went on it became clear that most of the delays were QC related. They want to make sure that external customers all receive the quality product that was promised.

Other information shared: Production IS ramping up significantly week over week. My RG was involved in a number of deliveries last weekend. In a visit to the factory catwalk - there were 16 trucks being readied for delivery next week (Blue, White, Black, El Cap). Has NOT seen any Limestone Trucks coming through the line but IS seeing some new variations coming through – such as an El Cap truck with black 20” A/T wheels. Nearly ALL deliveries are going to Rivian employees/ex-employees. There are SOME going to ‘non-affiliated’ customers. There was a little hedging on whether or not there was some arrangement in place with ‘non-affiliated’ customers to provide QC feedback/report issues in exchange for something… Through the end of Dec most but not all deliveries are going to employees.

I asked about how delivery priorities are set. Apparently the final order is decided ‘above the RG paygrade’. They receive updates/information in conferences where they can ask questions – but can only share with us as much as is shared with them. As has been discussed here – some of the variables are: 1) reservation date, 2) the charging infrastructure in the state/region, 3) proximity to a completed Service Center. Even mobile service teams need to be in some proximity to a Service Center.

I know there are MANY reservation holders that have heard nothing from Rivian, but my own experience has been very good so far. No idea how/why I was selected to be one of the lucky few to have a RG assigned to me, but at least for me communication has been good. RGs seems genuinely interested in creating a good experience and sharing what they can. While there is less than hoped-for Marketing Communication from Rivian maybe these forum updates can fill some information gaps.
Thank you for sharing.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Delivery Date Update:

Yeah, thanks! That's probably the most transparent guide contact about this that we have heard!

Shzeph

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2004 V70R, 2001 VehiCROSS, 2005 Forester
Occupation
Student
So given what Kialoa’s guide told them about QC issues being a major driver behind these new delays…….

For myself and others who still are “on track” for November deliveries, are we going to get a less QC-ed product? Or will they focus extra hard on the few deliveries this year going to external customers?

timesinks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, ID.4, Sprinter
So given what Kialoa’s guide told them about QC issues being a major driver behind these new delays…….

For myself and others who still are “on track” for November deliveries, are we going to get a less QC-ed product? Or will they focus extra hard on the few deliveries this year going to external customers?
Obviously we're just guessing, but QC issues could come in the form of "we can't ramp any faster without sacrificing quality until we figure out how to deal with this thing that's taking extra time to get right."

Sponsored

DB-EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1s
Thank you, K! Quick question - is your nearest service center in NY? I see you are listed as Mass.

Best,
DB-EV

Ladiver

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500, Corvette Z06, Rivian R1T, Rivian R1S
Clubs

QC is still trying to determine why the glass roof isn't changing based on day and night or why their phones aren't connecting to the infotainment system! ?

eggpaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Chevy Volt, 2021 Acura TLX
Occupation
Business Owner
Nice that they are admitting QC issues. People laughed at us when we called these deliveries beta testing.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne
Thank you, K! Quick question - is your nearest service center in NY? I see you are listed as Mass.

Best,
DB-EV
I’m in MA but work just outside NYC ~1 day/week. I gave them 2 delivery options, NYC or BOS.

Kialoa

First Name
Kialoa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
911, Cayenne

I got the sense that no external customer will get a truck that does not meet their QC standards. The few external deliveries that are going out before DEC are either ‘beta testers’ getting something in return - or will receive a truck that does meet all QC tests. Again, I was reading between the lines of the conversation a bit - the RG never used the term beta tester.
Sponsored