Sponsored

UPDATED - New Custom Wheels / Tires 20x9, 18mm offset, with 275/60/20 Pirelli's (33") - NO RUBBING

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Rock auto lists a bunch of TPMS sensors for the Rivian.
Most have to be programmed. Problem is, most tire shops still do not have updated programing in their tools for the Rivian. Be sure to check with your tire installer ahead of time. The one's I received, are pre-programmed for the Rivian.
Sponsored

Rexbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

@kizamybute' I know you've mentioned it's not your thing, but how much do you think a true 35" tire would rub at full wheel lock/compression. Not an aesthetic thing but from an interference standpoint?

OP
OP
kizamybute'

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

@kizamybute' I know you've mentioned it's not your thing, but how much do you think a true 35" tire would rub at full wheel lock/compression. Not an aesthetic thing but from an interference standpoint?
Whoa, you're going the other way! LOL

35's are definitely going to rub on compression. If the same width, probably not on lock to lock turn. You'd have to manually set your ride height to "High" and make sure it stays there. Even then, I can assure you, it will still rub over heavy dips.

If you're using the stock wheels, then it shouldn't do any major damage. Possibly could work the fender liners loose over time. If you are using custom wheels and pushing them out to the edge, then you'd have to worry about bending the actual fenders. The fender liners within the wheel wells are a little higher than the fender itself, so with the stock width tire on a stock wheel, just one inch larger diameter, your only risk would be to the fender liners under heavy compression.

A 35" tire is absolutely going to fill up that fender well, leaving little margin for error. If you REALLY want to go larger, maybe a 34 1/2 tire might be better? If using the stock wheel, then that would likely just be one series wider on the tire. 285 instead of 275. Series would remain the same from stock. "IF" I wanted a bigger tire, I'd probably try 285/65/20's

Hope that helps

OffRoad987

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T , Porsche Cayman
Whoa, you're going the other way! LOL

35's are definitely going to rub on compression. If the same width, probably not on lock to lock turn. You'd have to manually set your ride height to "High" and make sure it stays there. Even then, I can assure you, it will still rub over heavy dips.

If you're using the stock wheels, then it shouldn't do any major damage. Possibly could work the fender liners loose over time. If you are using custom wheels and pushing them out to the edge, then you'd have to worry about bending the actual fenders. The fender liners within the wheel wells are a little higher than the fender itself, so with the stock width tire on a stock wheel, just one inch larger diameter, your only risk would be to the fender liners under heavy compression.

A 35" tire is absolutely going to fill up that fender well, leaving little margin for error. If you REALLY want to go larger, maybe a 34 1/2 tire might be better? If using the stock wheel, then that would likely just be one series wider on the tire. 285 instead of 275. Series would remain the same from stock. "IF" I wanted a bigger tire, I'd probably try 285/65/20's

Hope that helps
Most 35 inch tires measure 34.5 inches in true diameter.
Sponsored