First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, R1S
Occupation
Education
Finally got my invite. R1S May 2021 reservation; makes sense I wasn’t given an earlier invite.

Bummed that all Saturdays and Sundays are unavailable. Booked a Friday afternoon slot… traffic will be horrible driving up from the Pasadena area, so I may or may not end up going. Maybe I can ask in person how likely a 2022 delivery will actually be… need to decide if I get a different new car in the meantime. Considering a Sorento or Outlander PHEV, if I can find one in stock that is.

Rivian R1T R1S New Batch of SoCal First Mile Invites B991F4C3-B03A-4A64-AA85-7915C534EF6A
Sponsored

Ginny

First Name
Ginny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 escalade ext, 2019 corvette
Occupation
retired
Finally got my invite. R1S May 2021 reservation; makes sense I wasn’t given an earlier invite.

Bummed that all Saturdays and Sundays are unavailable. Booked a Friday afternoon slot… traffic will be horrible driving up from the Pasadena area, so I may or may not end up going. Maybe I can ask in person how likely a 2022 delivery will actually be… need to decide if I get a different new car in the meantime. Considering a Sorento or Outlander PHEV, if I can find one in stock that is.

B991F4C3-B03A-4A64-AA85-7915C534EF6A.jpeg
I am surprised that there haven't been more sign up for the santa clarita first mile event. I guess the less people that sign up means more time for me! I know la freeways suck and it took us 2 hrs to get to the venice opening. Come on folks you can do this!

Last edited:

SoCalTravels

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hyundai Nexo, Lexus RX450h
They underestimated how inconvenient it is for anyone on a Monday-Friday who understands LA traffic. Even on a weekend it’s inconvenient for a large portion of the earlier reservation holders invited. Only makes sense for people who live north of LA, but they are inviting people as far south as San Diego.

Sponsored

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Is it by invitation only to attend - even if you don't sign up to drive? Frustrating that no invite came by way here in San Diego - maybe too far south. My R1T L.E reservation is from mid-2020.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
Im visiting my sister in LA the week after christmas. I wonder if theres any chance I could see the trucks. Or is the best bet the Rivian Hub in venice beach?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

Or is the best bet the Rivian Hub in venice beach?
I'd recommend just plan to visit the Venice hub. I did. Its a sweet setup. No rush, can spend as much time in and around the two trucks as you wish. There are a couple of shops to enjoy and a (pay) coffee bar. Plus the actual beach is just a few blocks away to visit too.

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
Booked a Friday afternoon slot… traffic will be horrible driving up from the Pasadena area, so I may or may not end up going.
The first part on the 210 west shouldn't be too bad. The rest probably depends on exactly when you are on the road.

Sponsored

linkwpc

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1S, 2016 CMax, 2001 Saleen, 2002 GS300
Clubs

WalnutFarmer

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Tesla P85, GMC Yukon, Chevy Silverado

B991F4C3-B03A-4A64-AA85-7915C534EF6A.jpeg
Better to go on a weekday anyway. Weekends were so busy you had to wait in line just to sit in the truck. I went Monday and there were almost as many Rivian Employees as there were customers, especially in the morning. We got a lot of one-on-one time in the trucks, asking questions, playing with the controls etc. I heard a lot of employees mentioning that the weekend was crazy busy. This at the event in Sonoma...

srwaxalot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
WXR. KIA Niro plugin
I have Sunday, December 19 @9am. Not sure if I will feel up to going. My dad will sure be there.

davrow_R1T

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2 Toyota Siennas
We'll be there this Sunday (the 5th). Here's hoping we get to see a yellow R1T!

Not happy with the location; c'est la vie.
Sponsored