First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Kia EV6 FE, 2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
Self-Employed: Real Estate Management
Looks fantastic to me, I would get this over the Model S and Taycan in an heartbeat

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Man, that thing is sharp! I REALLY like the aesthetics, exterior & interior, but it doesn't come close to competing with Model S from a performance & range perspective.

Our Rivians will outperform even the highest model, and cost significantly less...

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Man, that thing is sharp! I REALLY like the aesthetics, exterior & interior, but it doesn't come close to competing with Model S from a performance & range perspective.

Our Rivians will outperform even the highest model, and cost significantly less...
Tesla definitely has better battery tech, and performance. Their interiors are still way behind in my opinion, and they need to get their customer service sorted out. The R1T/S are like a perfect combination for me and such a good value. I’m just so excited to see all these brands coming out with electric vehicles, the next 10 years are going to be awesome!

Sponsored

MisterTea

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 745e
I'm glad to see it only has one screen in the middle. The two screens in the Q8 are horrible. The second screen takes far too long to do anything and serves no purpose that a row of buttons like this car has wouldn't solve.

Jsidell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T
The charging speeds on these E-Tron GTs is also impressive. Our household's 2020 E-Tron Sportback doesn't even come close to that....

Blurb from the Motortrend article:
The E-Tron GT adopts an 800-volt charging architecture for ultra-fast charges. Using a 270-kW DC fast-charger, the car can go from 5 to 80 percent charge in a claimed 22 minutes. It'll also reportedly gain a maximum of 62 miles of range in 5 minutes under optimal conditions.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Porsche Taycan would definitely get my money over the Audi.

OP
OP
Canthoney

Canthoney

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
The charging speeds on these E-Tron GTs is also impressive. Our household's 2020 E-Tron Sportback doesn't even come close to that....

Blurb from the Motortrend article:
The E-Tron GT adopts an 800-volt charging architecture for ultra-fast charges. Using a 270-kW DC fast-charger, the car can go from 5 to 80 percent charge in a claimed 22 minutes. It'll also reportedly gain a maximum of 62 miles of range in 5 minutes under optimal conditions.
Those 800-volt architectures have some insane charging speeds. It’ll be nice to see that in Rivian someday as well

skyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeeps, 2500HD Duramax, R1S Preorder (Dec 2018)
Those 800-volt architectures have some insane charging speeds. It’ll be nice to see that in Rivian someday as well
It's there. Wouldn't be possible to reach 300kW charging without it.

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

azbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mach E, Hummer EV SUT
Occupation
Engineer
It's there. Wouldn't be possible to reach 300kW charging without it.
Not sure it is in the LE, the advertised rate of 140 miles in 20 minutes is in line with 200KW 400V charging rate. I believe the 300KW charging is not coming until the Max Pack is introduced.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Not sure it is in the LE, the advertised rate of 140 miles in 20 minutes is in line with 200KW 400V charging rate. I believe the 300KW charging is not coming until the Max Pack is introduced.
Introducing 300kW charging 6 months after launch would be a big FU to launch edition customers. I can’t imagine they would even contemplate that.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Introducing 300kW charging 6 months after launch would be a big FU to launch edition customers. I can’t imagine they would even contemplate that.
It could explain why the Max battery packs are coming online in January rather than June, however. With the bigger pack, having the higher charger would be preferable.

LE customers must accept that they're trading something for getting their vehicles sooner. That's how products work -- they improve over time.

Rhidan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
It could explain why the Max battery packs are coming online in January rather than June, however. With the bigger pack, having the higher charger would be preferable.

LE customers must accept that they're trading something for getting their vehicles sooner. That's how products work -- they improve over time.
Nobody is questioning that technology improves over time and new features will be available in the future. But there's a major difference between that and saying that after 10 years of development Rivian is planning a limited run of vehicles with a 400v architecture and then 6 months later adopting an 800v architecture. That would be a very strange plan.

The simplest explanation for the "delay" with the maxpack is that Rivian can make 4 vehicles with a large pack for every 3 vehicles it could make with a maxpack. Therefore, they are prioritizing the large pack to maximize the number of vehicles they can deliver. There's no reason to believe that the maxpack is coming with any additional features beyond what the launch vehicles will have.
Sponsored