Sponsored

Eager2own

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Rivian R1T LE
I read that they will be probably offering wraps for other colors besides launch green as well...they will just cost the customer.

This also begs the question.. .why would I have chosen launch green in the configurator if I didn't want to see the launch green color? Doesn't sound like an option... if you liked the Launch Green, you get two choices of wraps... Rivian covering up the color you chose. Am I reading this wrong? The wrap above looks white with stick men and animals... why wouldn't I choose white in the first place?

That is why today we are proud to announce that every launch green vehicle will include a factory wrap of your choosing at no cost. We want to keep your launch green paint looking flawless for as long as possible; so when it comes time to finalize your order you will need to choose between two exclusive wraps before you can complete your order.
Nope. You are reading it absolutely right.
It does make one question all of Rivianā€™s decisions. Plus, why wait until today, April 1, to announce this? How long have they known?
Itā€™s almost like someoneā€™s just messing with us at this point.
Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I read that they will be probably offering wraps for other colors besides launch green as well...they will just cost the customer.

This also begs the question.. .why would I have chosen launch green in the configurator if I didn't want to see the launch green color? Doesn't sound like an option... if you liked the Launch Green, you get two choices of wraps... Rivian covering up the color you chose. Am I reading this wrong? The wrap above looks white with stick men and animals... why wouldn't I choose white in the first place?

That is why today we are proud to announce that every launch green vehicle will include a factory wrap of your choosing at no cost. We want to keep your launch green paint looking flawless for as long as possible; so when it comes time to finalize your order you will need to choose between two exclusive wraps before you can complete your order.
Either you don't understand April Fools, or you've got me.

UT Rivian

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMWM2
Some of you guys/gals are true Riviots!

:rolleyes:

Silver9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19' CX-5 D, 16' Mazda3, 07 S2000
Had me till I saw the first pic...good stuff! Though I actually thought this was Rivian putting on the fools, the way it was worded and framed really sounded like it was coming from them. Nice work!

Sponsored

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150, BMW 3GT
Occupation
Business owner
I am confused.

Launch Green is beautiful color, so let's wrap it to protect it?
Aaahh....then no one will be able to see the beautiful Launch Green.

So we are going back to the 60's when you bought a nice couch and then covered it with a blanket to keep it from getting dirty?

What am I missing?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

This is way late, but a friend just forwarded this short video
to me, and I thought some of you might enjoy it.

Take care,

OP
OP
RforRivian

RforRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 4Runner, 2014 Equinox
Don't forget what day it is! Be on the lookout for trolls! ? I tried to poke fun at some of the most prevalent issues the forum was dealing with at the time I wrote this. I find it amusing to re-read this and see what those were... and how some people are still complaining about them.

smiesguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S / Escalade
Occupation
Planner
News letter from Rivian. Lots of good informationā€¦

Lets Start the Journey

We want to kick off the month of April by providing our Pre-order community with the information that you have been so patiently waiting on. We thank you for supporting us from the very start and we look forward to seeing you soon in your new Rivian!

Apple CarPlay and Android Auto

We know there have been a lot of questions about how our infotainment system will integrate with mobile devices. While we recognize that Apple CarPlay and Android Auto offer some robust features, we feel that a more exclusive solution is needed. We have conducted extensive market research and we believe that we have found a partner that will provide our customers with an intuition, comprehensive, and refined user experience. In order to provide our customers with what we believe to be the best infotainment system on the market we have partnered with AOL. This will allow us to bring a fully connected experience to our vehicles. When the R1T and R1S launch this year they include a custom developed software suite designed exclusively for Rivian.

Polish_20210329_134400675.jpg

This summer a new version AOL instant messenger will make its return exclusively on Rivian vehicles. This new version will be used as the default SMS message handling app for the R1T and R1S. There will also be more built-in apps that we will be talking about closer to production. Also, in order to pay homage to the golden years of AOL, our vehicles start-up sound will be the sound of a dial-up modem connecting to the internet.

Test Drives

The time to get behind the wheel of a Rivian vehicle has finally come! Today you will be able to experience the thrill of driving an R1 vehicle. Later today at 4:20 CDT we will be launching our Rivian virtual test drive experience. All you will need to get behind the virtual wheel is a high end gaming PC, VR headset, and a compatible racing wheel and pedal set.

2be014f14b86fc0580f9f11c0a031528.jpg

Once you download the simulator and create an account, you will be able to drive your R1T or R1S across a variety of test tracks that accurately simulate how the vehicle will handle in both on-road and off-road conditions. Accompanying you on your virtual test drive will be none other than RJ himself. We have created a realistic digital representation of RJ that will be there in your passenger seat for the whole experience. He has even provided some audio clips that will be played during specific situations based off of what you are doing in the simulator. For example, if you start driving off-road and forget to raise the suspension RJ will offer a reminder; or if you perform a tank turn he will yell ā€œyaaaa-weeee!ā€. RJ will also provide bits of random information sporadically throughout the experience.

Polish_20210329_151333059~2.jpg

For those of you that still want to get behind the wheel of an actual vehicle, we will have more information about that very soon!

Launch Green

Last year, as the configurator was going live, we announced our launch edition vehicles and the exclusive launch green paint color. For months we worked on making sure that the color was perfect. We wanted it to be the perfect combination of rustic prestige and adventurous nature. We are awe struck by the beauty of the final result and we think you will be too. We think you will like it so much that you will want to make sure that it is completely protected from scratches, dings, and UV. That is why today we are proud to announce that every launch green vehicle will include a factory wrap of your choosing at no cost. We want to keep your launch green paint looking flawless for as long as possible; so when it comes time to finalize your order you will need to choose between two exclusive wraps before you can complete your order. Youā€™ve already seen one of these wraps in our Family Outing video.

Screenshot_20210326-090007~2.jpg

The second wrap will be the same style but with a more urban vibe. We wanted to offer this option as we think it will be more representative of how the majority of customers will use our vehicles. Our customer surveys suggest that 69% percent of you will never take the vehicle off of a paved road. We will also be throwing in a 72 count set of Rivian branded colored permanent markers so that you can fill in the wrap in your own style!

Screenshot_20210326-094923~2.jpg

We are extremely excited to offer these two wraps to those of you that chose launch green! You might have noticed in some images we shared that you could still see the color of the vehicle since the wraps didnā€™t cover the door seals and other nooks and crannies. This meant that the launch green cat wouldā€™ve been let out of the bag and your paint would be unprotected. Fear not! We have refined our wraps to make sure that they offer COMPLETE coverage. So donā€™t forget to color in those door seals! So this begs the question, ā€œWhen will we see launch green?ā€ The answer is, when you remove the wrap. Keep in mind that these factory wraps are extremely well made and will offer the best protection for your launch green paint, so only remove it if you are willing to expose your paint to the elements. We believe in the quality of our wraps so much that they will be covered under our 5 year/60,000 mile comprehensive warranty. Please note: removing the wrap will completely void your comprehensive warranty.

Wrapping up

We hope that you find this information useful and that you are as excited as we are about our upcoming vehicles! The team here at Rivian is always seeking new ways to engage with our customers and increase their satisfaction. We thank you for your support and hope to see you in a Rivian vehicle soon!
This deserves a Pulitzer.

Sponsored

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Ioniq 5, ā€˜78 Jeep Wagoneer
Nice. It was perhaps more effective because one can potentially grasp that Rivian might use AOL.

nc10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, EV6 GT Line
Occupation
Engineer
on the market we have partnered with AOL.
Nicely done! Seriously dating yourself, though..... (had heard they were partnering with Blackberry)

E.S.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
HAS TO BE A APRIL FOOLS JOKE. NO ONE WOULD USE AOL
*hangs head in shame as he listens to his modem skreeching as it tries to connect to the net*

To add to this remarkable news today, Rivian actually came through on my delivery date! I got my R1T Limestone with Forest Edge interior and Max pack delivered a couple of hours ago (ya still not getting pics, ya damned bloodhounds)! And here I was skeptical about an April 1st delivery date. Go Rivian!! :cool:

;)

MidnightRivian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Infiniti
Clubs

Rivian is honoring pre March 1st pricing for all pre-orders placed today.

Just make sure to use code "@PR!LF00L$" on final order submission page prior to submitting your order.
Sponsored