Sponsored

obfuscurity

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Tesla Model 3, Audi SQ5
I never liked the manual cover types because of the need to store them when removed. The rollups self-store in a simple way.
Everyone's situation is different. I mostly want a tonneau for the extra weather protection when I'm camping (RTT on the crossbars). However, I would also need to occasionally open the tonneau when camping and rollups like this one are mostly a non-starter for that situation.
Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Everyone's situation is different. I mostly want a tonneau for the extra weather protection when I'm camping (RTT on the crossbars). However, I would also need to occasionally open the tonneau when camping and rollups like this one are mostly a non-starter for that situation.
And I wanted one for security, where a soft rollup doesn't cut it for me on that front.

Foobar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Model 3P, Eva Ribelle
Occupation
IT Exec
Installed my EV Sportsline tonneau cover this past weekend. After seeing the Rivian manual tonneau cover video this week (which was part of my order, as well) I'm not sure the Rivian manual cover is better than the EVSportsline cover. Wondering how others are feeling!
I prefer a hard cover for security reasons. Nothing's foolproof, but I've seen enough slashed soft covers in my time to look for a different option.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

pavl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blue R1T
Occupation
Space
Clubs

Sponsored

Deck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T
Just chiming in here to say after a month or so after owning the cover itā€™s been nothing but great. After seeing the Rivian video of the manual cover Iā€™ve already cancelled the order with Rivian and unless they come out with an automatic retrofit I see no reason to switch from the EV Sportsline cover.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
I love the idea of the new clamps but not too happy that it costs 3x for the folks who already purchased a cover when those weren't an option
Products evolve and nobody future proofs what you buy. Some companies just evolve their products faster. The cover was as advertised and works great for me.

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

That's a good point, because I'll likely be running the double spoiler (racks on the back) with the tonneau, so a flip up solution doesn't make sense. I guess the OEM manual tonneau isn't so bad after all.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
That's a good point, because I'll likely be running the double spoiler (racks on the back) with the tonneau, so a flip up solution doesn't make sense. I guess the OEM manual tonneau isn't so bad after all.
Itā€™s a bit more work with the bars on but you can roll up the @EV Sportline cover when the bars are in place

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I love the idea of the new clamps but not too happy that it costs 3x for the folks who already purchased a cover when those weren't an option
It is not that much more. Look at the current price of the Tonneau vs what you paid....the price is higher now. Adding the new clamps gets you about the same price as the new one :)

Those that did early pre-orders were rewarded with the lowest price and free ship...they could buy the new clamps and still be less than the cost of a new cover with the new clamps.

Sponsored

flynavy987

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just installed today. Finger tightened the bolts and installed the rails.

Anyone else have issues with the bolts? Two of them would not tighten all the way as if the threads werenā€™t deep enough in the truck. One bolt broke off and another wonā€™t come out now.

Not sure what to do about it now. Fortunately it was one in each side so it seems secure for now.

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T 5AE247FB-22BA-4F7B-8FA8-6195CBAEA344

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T 13097376-3A4E-419A-B8DD-22C1EA141497

KRo

First Name
Kory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22ā€™ R1T, 22", RBlue, OCoast, no Tonneau
Occupation
Business owner

Anyone else have issues with the bolts? Two of them would not tighten all the way as if the threads werenā€™t deep enough in the truck. One bolt broke off and another wonā€™t come out now.

Not sure what to do about it now. Fortunately it was one in each side so it seems secure for now.

5AE247FB-22BA-4F7B-8FA8-6195CBAEA344.jpeg

13097376-3A4E-419A-B8DD-22C1EA141497.jpeg
Ouch! No issue with the bolts I received, they went in fine and have been on my truck for a few months without issue.

Did the factory bolts come out fine? Wonder if there were any burrs in the threads of the new bolts? Sorry dudeā€¦

flynavy987

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
No issue removing the factory bolts and they came out intact.

The cover looks great installed though.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

5AE247FB-22BA-4F7B-8FA8-6195CBAEA344.jpeg

13097376-3A4E-419A-B8DD-22C1EA141497.jpeg
This clamp is up side down. Also, what did you torque the bolts to? Contact us at [email protected] and we can try and help!

flynavy987

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
The clamp isnā€™t on upside down, it is just hanging. The bolt wonā€™t go in any further and I was afraid the head would shear off like the other one. Now the bolt wonā€™t back out either. The inner threaded body just spins with the bolt.

Only posting to see if there has been a change in the truckā€™s threaded body. This truck is two weeks old.
Sponsored