Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
I wrote my guide last week and asked for a refund to my manual tonneau. She says "I am working on your refund now. "
Same here. I ordered the EVSportline cover that is expected to ship in April and asked my Guide to process a refund. It's unfortunate for Rivian because I'm sure they don't want to spend time and money processing refunds....but they should have at the very least put out updates and kept up communications regarding something that has already been paid for but not delivered.
Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Same here. I ordered the EVSportline cover that is expected to ship in April and asked my Guide to process a refund. It's unfortunate for Rivian because I'm sure they don't want to spend time and money processing refunds....but they should have at the very least put out updates and kept up communications regarding something that has already been paid for but not delivered.
I never get why the manufacturers, when they cant handle the distraction etc, dont just have a partnership with someone like @EV Sportline and let them take care of things. Sure the cover would be different vs what they said but at least people could get something.

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Is the pre-production price still in effect? I just took possession of my R1T yesterday and am a few weeks late to this thread.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
I never get why the manufacturers, when they cant handle the distraction etc, dont just have a partnership with someone like @EV Sportline and let them take care of things. Sure the cover would be different vs what they said but at least people could get something.
No offense to EV Sportline but if I paid $800 for a cover (now $1800) I’d be pretty disappointed in that partnership. I agree with you, but it would be great for a $500-600 option.

Yup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Hi all, has anyone had eyes on this product yet? Looking for an independent review.

Took delivery of R1t this past week. What an awesome ride - really only downside I can see so far is the lack of bed coverage! Hope this solution works - it seems to make more sense than the panel system eventually coming from Rivian. Access to just grab something from the bed seems to make way more sense with a rollup/flip model than the proposed hard panels that must be slid out.

I'll order as soon as I can see a video of it in action.

Sponsored

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

No offense to EV Sportline but if I paid $800 for a cover (now $1800) I’d be pretty disappointed in that partnership. I agree with you, but it would be great for a $500-600 option.
I am sure if they were to make one for $1800 it would be of even higher quality but they thought their market would be to undercut the Rivian offering (whenever that turns up).

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Our tonneau brackets are done - woohoo! Includes new stainless steel hardware too! We will be shooting an install video and shipping s00n!
Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T 1ev-rivian-r1t-bed-cover-brackets-1 (1)

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
This just went up, looking forward to mine:

Crosser3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2017 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Remediation Engineer
Is this installation compatible with BuiltRight cabwall and sidewall molle panels? I've watched both videos and it appears the sidewall panels and your cover use the same bolt holes.
Thanks

CotoR1TDude

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Is this installation compatible with BuiltRight cabwall and sidewall molle panels? I've watched both videos and it appears the sidewall panels and your cover use the same bolt holes.
Thanks
Great question. The first observation I had, and why I'm holding out for the Rivian cover. I just installed the Builtright panels and they are great for strapping things in place. Love them.

Sponsored

KubotaTed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, F150, Bronco, 812, R8, S5, Cayenne,67 Mustang
Occupation
Actuary
Just ordered mine. With the email from Rivian today announcing the manual tonneau to be "Summer 2023" that scream (to me) August, which actually means September. Unfortunately, I'm not patient enough to wait that long and like to know that bed object don't easily fly out of the bed when heading down the highway.

Bjack11

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Management
Gotta say, our prototype unit fits like a glove! Coming soon gang...little tease for you:

Fits R1T that have been delivered 'without tonneau'
Simple bolt on, no mods and no 'jerry rigging'....sorry jerry :)
Rolls up when not in use, or remove it if you like. Easy.
Works with cross bars, no interference

Will be up on EVSportline.com shortly

Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 3.31.09 PM.png

screenshot-2023-02-14-at-5-16-55-pm-png.png

[/QUOT
Gotta say, our prototype unit fits like a glove! Coming soon gang...little tease for you:

Fits R1T that have been delivered 'without tonneau'
Simple bolt on, no mods and no 'jerry rigging'....sorry jerry :)
Rolls up when not in use, or remove it if you like. Easy.
Works with cross bars, no interference

Will be up on EVSportline.com shortly

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T Screenshot 2023-02-14 at 3.31.09 PM

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T screenshot-2023-02-14-at-5-16-55-pm-
ordered mine two weeks ago, came today. Super easy install. Looks great!

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0280

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0281

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0283

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E
Occupation
CRNA
Clubs

Got mine yesterday and installed in less than 15 minutes. I ordered back in March when the possibility of a factory product was up in the air and still is without a definite date. The fit and finish blends well with the design of the truck. For the price and considering I travel every week with light cargo needs, this may be a permanent solution until I am sold on the manual. Appreciate the weather stripping and video from EV Sportline for install. Thus far am pleased with the product and think it was well thought out.

strykerwsu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy SS, Ford Bronco, Ram Rebel, Ford Flex, G8
Ordered when announced. Mine was supposed to be delivered today and then for some reason states return to sender and back on its way to Georgia today. Sent an email inquiry @EV Sportline.

xfitmonster

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Edited: Mine arrived today. Had a bit of trouble fitting it, but ended up getting it together.

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T 20230415_132146
Sponsored

Last edited: