Belem

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 R1T Adventure, 1986 Mercedes 190E 2.3-16
Is it lockable?
FYI - from a security perspective, you cannot rollup our cover unless the tailgate is OPEN/DOWN. that is a security feature. So it's locked (short of slicing it with a knife!) when the truck is locked! It is a really cool design the way the cover locks, effectively, with the tailgate.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

EVnewb

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna, Tesla MYP, R1T
OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

Isn’t it just Velcro holding it down on the sides?
yes, but it only pulls up a bit on the edge, you may slither a kid's skinny arm in or something, but you can unlock or open the cover.

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Glacier White, Black Mountain, Black AT 20s,
How do we get our $800 back from Rivian for the vaporware manual tonneau that's somehow been "in the works" for 6 months now?
I have been told that your guide is able to process a refund for the $800. “Early 2023” expires soon and without an update in the next week or 2 I’ll be doing just that…no reason I should have to pay for this one and let Rivian keep my $800 indefinitely

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

I have been told that your guide is able to process a refund for the $800. “Early 2023” expires soon and without an update in the next week or 2 I’ll be doing just that…no reason I should have to pay for this one and let Rivian keep my $800 indefinitely
My guide said the same. It’s very odd that it’s taken so long to address the tonneau problem.

sacramentoelectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X, BMW i3
Clubs

yes, but it only pulls up a bit on the edge, you may slither a kid's skinny arm in or something, but you can unlock or open the cover.
I see this as a feature rather than a bug. Being able to snake the gear guard cable or power cord out the side while the tonneau is closed is really useful.

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My guide said the same. It’s very odd that it’s taken so long to address the tonneau problem.
I get the issue with the powered cover and the rework in progress. I cannot understand why they haven’t put out the manual cover which was announced a long time ago, seems easily engineered and should have already been available. At this point you’d have an easier time getting information about the Kennedy assassination or UFOs than when Rivian will ship manual tonneau covers that have already been paid for and are literally just measured slats…there’s got to be something more to it…

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

I see this as a feature rather than a bug. Being able to snake the gear guard cable or power cord out the side while the tonneau is closed is really useful.
good point!

Sponsored

RivAW

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just ordered from EVsportsline. I've mostly given up on Rivian producing and delivering the manual cover simply because they refuse to even update (which is entirely unreasonable [imo]). In the off chance they do something before my order is fulfilled (looking at April production and shipping according to the website), maybe I'd cancel the order...otherwise I'll be seeking a refund from Rivian. In the interest of seeing Rivian succeed, I'd be willing to discuss the refund being a credit to the gear shop instead of a straight out refund....but I' need the cover and am interested in waiting indefinitely. That said, at least I didn't pay $15K for Tesla's BETA FSD that is horrible (yes I subscribed for a month to test it out so I'm not just guessing)....talk about stealing money without delivering a product!

AllInev

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius V, R1T
@EV Sportline Can you post a video of opening, closing, removing, and stowing the cover? I'm sure others here would also appreciate that video?

Last edited:

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
Got my truck today. Looking forward to the @evsportline cover that I ordered. Will be a great addition!

Tested out the entry/exit for the height challenged family members, definitely need a step so deciding on that next.

Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0938
Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0940

the long way downunder

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
WFH
The redesign of the hard tonneau needs a way to leave it open an inch for cabling. A simple insert would suffice so long as it's secure and watertight. Ford has the same "didn't think that through" problem with the F-150 onboard power.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline Can you post a video of opening, closing, removing, and stowing the cover? I'm sure other here would also appreciate that video?
certainly, waiting on production brackets and covers, then we'll do a full review / detail video :)
Sponsored