Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, R2 res, Tesla S, 3, X, Y, Cybertruck
Occupation
Upgrading Electric Vehicles
Clubs

Makes sense. I've had a roll up a lot like the one EV Sportline is offering for the R1T on the 2010 F350 i'm replacing since I got that truck. I've had no complaints with the rollup/security for my use. I live in New England so heavy snow on it is common and I live on a farm so hay, poop, shavings, and all other kinds of nasty stuff are in and around it all the time.

The F350 cover was from Cap world for $399.99 in 2009 + $75 install. High volume and long ago but was a great buy.
FYI - from a security perspective, you cannot rollup our cover unless the tailgate is OPEN/DOWN. that is a security feature. So it's locked (short of slicing it with a knife!) when the truck is locked! It is a really cool design the way the cover locks, effectively, with the tailgate.
Sponsored

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D, Ford F350 Diesel, Mercedes GLC30
Occupation
CTO
FYI - from a security perspective, you cannot rollup our cover unless the tailgate is OPEN/DOWN. that is a security feature. So it's locked (short of slicing it with a knife!) when the truck is locked! It is a really cool design the way the cover locks, effectively, with the tailgate.
Right, the F350 one works that way too. The EV Sportline one looks to be a bit flatter.
Rivian R1T R1S New aftermarket (manual) Tonneau Cover for Rivian R1T IMG_0859.JPG

Smithery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MX 100D, XC70, Cooper S JCW, R1T Large
Looking at the pictures on the site, I'm still trying to figure out how it "locks" with the tailgate.
Looking at the pictures on the site, I'm still trying to figure out how it "locks" with the tailgate.

Any more pictures, or perhaps a video of this feature?

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO

Not sure on this one but on my F350 the cover locks to the rail on the bed and without opening the tailgate you cant get at the thing that unlocks it. Its a basic but functional design.

the_mace

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CTO
Just ordered the EV Sportline cover. Truck is supposed to arrive around 3/20 and they’re saying April for the cover availability right now.

Sponsored

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 CY R1T, 21 MachE GT
Occupation
IT
Just ordered the EV Sportline cover. Truck is supposed to arrive around 3/20 and they’re saying April for the cover availability right now.
Who’s saying April? Guides have no idea and haven’t even seen the manual tonneau yet.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Who’s saying April? Guides have no idea and haven’t even seen the manual tonneau yet.
EVaportline says April for their cover. Rivian, is as usual soon!

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

The back rail locks to the side rails, and the only way to unlock is with a lever on the lock, which is under the rails (ie inside the bed). You cant get to the lever unless you open the tailgate.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline Did you figure out a way to make these compatible with the side MOLLE panels?
Thanks, it is not going to work. The side panels use the tonneau cover mounts, so it's one or the other unfortunately.

Sponsored

Phatman113

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
IT
Thanks, it is not going to work. The side panels use the tonneau cover mounts, so it's one or the other unfortunately.
I appreciate the quick response! I was definitely on the fence here, but I'm definitely headed for the molle panels there, so I'll continue with my DIY build. Thanks for getting this out to market so quick! Looks like an awesome product, and especially at this price!

NathanM

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T, 2013 4Runner
Clubs

@EV Sportline thanks for the speed to market on this one, I've got it in my cart ready to check out but wanted to double check one thing real quick. Can easily you roll up the cover while the bed rails are on?

My actual situation will be even tougher (I will have a RTT mounted, so can't remove bedrails plus the mounting bolts will stick down below the bed rails), but that's not your problem, it's mine...so I'm ignoring the mounting bolt protrusion with my question above.

OP
OP
EV Sportline

EV Sportline

Site Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
evsportline.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Clubs

@EV Sportline thanks for the speed to market on this one, I've got it in my cart ready to check out but wanted to double check one thing real quick. Can easily you roll up the cover while the bed rails are on?

My actual situation will be even tougher (I will have a RTT mounted, so can't remove bedrails plus the mounting bolts will stick down below the bed rails), but that's not your problem, it's mine...so I'm ignoring the mounting bolt protrusion with my question above.
You can roll it up with the rails on. It's a bit tricky. You have to shimmy it under the covers a bit. Totally doable, but doesnt just roll straight up. It's a little tight.

RivianXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Sprinter, TE300i, R1250GSA, KTM 500, 790
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Can we see a pic?

will this work with an open (and broken) Rivian powered tonneau cover??