Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 i3, 2011 Honda CRV.
Occupation
Aerospace Engineer turned Space Physicist
Clubs

You'll have to look at a penny depth conversion table to see. I've always gone by the penny test and swap all my tires out once any one of them hits the top of Lincoln's head (the only exception being a replacement tire that has more than half the mileage left on it from when it was replaced).

I've been pleased with the tires longevity due to their ridiculous price. I always run in all-purpose. I live in Georgia and drive on mixed surfaces but commute a lot. I don't consider my driving aggressive or Grandpa-like. I do see more life on my tires than most though.
Would you say that most of your miles are from commuting or longer (150 mi or more) road trips? There was another person that reported they got 40k miles out of these and I’m really curious about what causes some folks achieve these outlier results. I’m just past 17k miles and slipping below 5/32.
Sponsored

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
Would you say that most of your miles are from commuting or longer (150 mi or more) road trips? There was another person that reported they got 40k miles out of these and I’m really curious about what causes some folks achieve these outlier results. I’m just past 17k miles and slipping below 5/32.
No, daily commuting of maybe 100-150 miles during the work week. Commute is broken up typically in 30 miles or less periods where I may be somewhere for a couple hours before going to the next stop. Maybe the breaks in between help with wear and tear? I dunno.

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
You'll have to look at a penny depth conversion table to see. I've always gone by the penny test and swap all my tires out once any one of them hits the top of Lincoln's head (the only exception being a replacement tire that has more than half the mileage left on it from when it was replaced).

I've been pleased with the tires longevity due to their ridiculous price. I always run in all-purpose. I live in Georgia and drive on mixed surfaces but commute a lot. I don't consider my driving aggressive or Grandpa-like. I do see more life on my tires than most though.

No idea how this is wearing so great for you - I guess you are very lucky with amazing wheel alignment!

I reached this mark at 13k. As many here on the forum, I guess.

Hillbilly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Boat and tractor
Occupation
Hillbilly
No idea how this is wearing so great for you - I guess you are very lucky with amazing wheel alignment!

I reached this mark at 13k. As many here on the forum, I guess.
It's possible. I have zero pulling or vibration at high speeds.

epowermarine

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Another one here with 18.5k miles, just had a rotation yesterday and I'm at 5/32's all around on the 21" Pirellis. It's great that the wear is even (this is the 3rd rotation) but I'll be down to 4/32's in 6-8 weeks or so. Come on Michelin, we need p/n 43596 to ship!

Sponsored

TheIglu

First Name
Clayton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Occupation
IT
I'm nearly down to the wear bars on mine. But with nearly 30k, I can't really complain.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Audi RS7, 2021 Ford Bronco, 2024 Rivian R1S
Has anyone gotten these tires and mounted them? I can find them for sale on several websites but not on the Michelin site.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Amazon had the 21" on sale last summer so I ordered 4 for $1,671 (including tax). Stored them in my garage to avoid "tire anxiety". I have 24,000 miles on the originals (5K, 5 tire rotations) and I am almost to the wear bars. Will be looking for a tire service to mount and balance soon.

Hopefully there will be alternatives when these need to be replaced.
Did you have them mounted and balance yet? Just was curious as I just got my R1S and while the pirellis are nice I prefer Michelins and want to get the defenders this summer/fall before winter comes.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Spoke to tire rack customer service and they told me July 8th!

You
at 12:44, Apr 12:

Hello, do you know when these tires will be available? Michelin Defender LTX M/S 2 275/55-21Read

You
at 12:44, Apr 12:

They are shown on few websites but not available for purchase but wanted to see if Michelin is releasing them this summer or?Read

George
at 12:45, Apr 12:
One moment

You
at 12:45, Apr 12:

Thank you!Read

George
at 12:46, Apr 12:
The current date that Michelin is giving us is 7/8.

Sponsored

shap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 45e, R1T
Yes, but this is not the first time we get estimates and they are pushed out. I hope July, but nobody knows for sure

JohnnyRocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Porsche 911 C4S, 2022 Rivian R1T
Did you have them mounted and balance yet? Just was curious as I just got my R1S and while the pirellis are nice I prefer Michelins and want to get the defenders this summer/fall before winter comes.
Yes. Mounted and balanced two weeks ago.