Sponsored

Never received delivery estimate R1S

R1Sfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
I preordered an R1S adventure in Feb pre-price hike, cancelled when new pricing was announced, then reinstated following RJs email honoring the previous pricing.

Has everyone already received their initial delivery estimate (not updated one)? I have not received any messaging or guidance on delivery estimate. Checked my account but nothing there either.

Located in the Boston area.
Sponsored

Sully151

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Jeep JkU
Occupation
Theater arts
I have not. I am an August 2020, LE.

Corewhit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, LEXUS GX460
Occupation
Exec
I still haven’t received an updated delivery window. I have a guide, she’s nice and responds to my inquiries, but she still can’t give me an answer on why I don’t have a delivery window.

TXR1SMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 G63 AMG, 2020 X3M Competition
Occupation
Physician
My original (and still only) window email came on 12/28/2021.

I believe the only R1S updated delivery windows were for those already assigned a 2022 timeframe. If you originally had a 2023 timeframe, you won't get an updated window until later. My window was first half 2023, so I wasn't really expecting an update yet. That said, you should have gotten an initial window, even if it won't even be close now with the adjusted roll out.

Reactions: Guy

Jac

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S, Volvo XC40, Honda VFR1200X
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

My original (and still only) window email came on 12/28/2021.

I believe the only R1S updated delivery windows were for those already assigned a 2022 timeframe. If you originally had a 2023 timeframe, you won't get an updated window until later. My window was first half 2023, so I wasn't really expecting an update yet. That said, you should have gotten an initial window, even if it won't even be close now with the adjusted roll out.
My R1S delivery window email came at the same time as yours last December with the same 1H2023 window. I’m not sure folks who initially reserved after that email was sent ever got an initial delivery window by email. I assume those 2022 R1S reservation folks will hear their new delivery window from Rivian “by the end of Summer” along with the rest of us.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Zybane

Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor 37
Occupation
Military Pilot
I am a July'21 R1S reserved. Only email I've ever received was quite a while ago.. probably around Dec just like others have mentioned. For a 1H23 delivery.

Considering that not a single non-employee R1S has been delivered this late in the year, I highly suspect mine will be at the earliest 2H23 or even in 2024.

OP
OP

R1Sfamily

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bmw
Thank you to all that replied. Sounds like if you didn’t have a reservation before 12/28/21 then you would not have received even your first initial estimated timeframe.

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
In a response to my inquiry, I was told second half of '23. I'm perfectly fine with that and even a few months delay.

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
I have a Jan 21 reservation, my original delivery was 4Q22, that was updated a few months ago to 1H23. I have not heard anything since.

Dirtman16

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Engineer
Same for me. November '20 order and have only ever gotten a 1H '23 estimate.

Sponsored

syhulyme

First Name
scot reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
gts 21
Occupation
doctor
Note that they will “begin rolling out”, which gives them a lot of leeway and could be a process that takes months for all preorder holders to receive their updated estimate. My original estimate was first half of 2023 (Sep 21 preorder) and being that far out means a lot of things can change (good or bad), particularly in the current supply chain environment, so I’ll take any estimate with a grain of salt.

Last edited:

Mygrain

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 IONIQ 5, '23 R1S quad, many Deeres
Occupation
grain farmer, ex-Honda factory engineer
Clubs

Still no delivery estimate ... ever. See my signature. I missed the 4-day window in November of 2020 to configure a Launch Edition (because I was busy farming). Then I was displeased with Rivian for giving delivery priority to 1000's of people who reserved after me. Finally, when Rivian announced that they would be sending out delivery estimates by the end of 2021, I configured (for the first time) on 12/24/21.

I did not receive a delivery estimate because (according to CS) Rivian pulled the data for those estimates on 12/15/21. So, if you reserved and configured before 12/15/21, you should have received a delivery estimate in late December.

But wait, you say, Rivian sent out updates in the spring of '22. Rivian CS told me that because I was not assigned an initial delivery estimate, I could not receive an update. So, 42 months after reserving, I'm still waiting for my first delivery estimate. I'm sure that I'll receive it s00n.

tnawara

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance 2022
Nov 2018 R1S pre-order here, and I’ve only ever received the initial delivery window (which for me was Mar/Apr 2022). My guide is extremely nice, but she hasn’t been able to give me any updates (I check every couple of weeks).

Reactions: Rad

IRun

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Adventure, Model 3
Occupation
Analyst
Clubs

I never received a delivery window before taking delivery back in May.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
I still haven’t received an updated delivery window. I have a guide, she’s nice and responds to my inquiries, but she still can’t give me an answer on why I don’t have a delivery window.
This is still where I am, too…or I should say I had the April/May window and have yet to receive an updated window. Two schools of thought: I still have a place early in the R1S line and will take an earlier delivery spot or…I’m an orphan.
Sponsored