Sponsored

Navigation shows me an address, but can't search for it

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Took delivery of my R1T today, WOOT!

I'm trying to save my "home" location, but it can't find it through search. It shows me "at" my address. The map even shows my street name AND my house number on the map! But it doesn't find it when I search. I also can't seem to figure out a way to just add the current location as "home". I can "Favorite" the current location, but I haven't been able to make that favorite "home".

Has anyone run into this issue? Any ideas?

Edit: I searched at https://www.openstreetmap.org/ and it DOES find my address! But my Rivian doesn't.
Sponsored

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Congrats!

If there is an alternative city name used (like if your mailing address isn't the actual township you live in) then try using that. I forget exactly how to set the home address since I only had to do it once and it was 3 months ago.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE

I'm trying to save my "home" location, but it can't find it through search. It shows me "at" my address. The map even shows my street name AND my house number on the map! But it doesn't find it when I search. I also can't seem to figure out a way to just add the current location as "home". I can "Favorite" the current location, but I haven't been able to make that favorite "home".

Edit: I searched at https://www.openstreetmap.org/ and it DOES find my address! But my Rivian doesn't.
You can't convert a favorite into Home. You set that by hitting the star button, and then the 'Set' next to home or work. But it is harder to set if it doesn't see your address (you can use Lat, Long).

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
Yes, absolutely. It's pretty annoying when it happens. I even have a picture!

I was literally at the South Park Fairgrounds, looking at it labeled on the map, and the search couldn't find it.

Rivian R1T R1S Navigation shows me an address, but can't search for it IMG_0407.JPG

I know, it's very much a first world problem.

Taco Corp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Clubs

I've had a similar issue fairly often when looking for a business that's named on the map or will find a couple locations but not the one I'm looking for or several times now will send me directions that put me on the street behind the location - So I end up a street over looking at the back of a house instead of being at the driveway.

Sponsored

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
You can't convert a favorite into Home. You set that by hitting the star button, and then the 'Set' next to home or work. But it is harder to set if it doesn't see your address (you can use Lat, Long).
I tried searching by lat, long, but it didn't like that. How do you set by coordinates? That would be an acceptable workaround for me, if it works.

godfodder0901

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Honda Civic EX, 2022 Rivian R1T LE
I tried searching by lat, long, but it didn't like that. How do you set by coordinates? That would be an acceptable workaround for me, if it works.
Long press to see the location format, and then put it in the search. It may not get you exactly there, but may get you to the nearest cross street.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Might want to submit it as a bug btw... that's pretty odd.

Babbuino

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3
Occupation
DESIGN engineer

Check if Alexa can find it. I've had that happen to me before where typing the address didn't give me any results, but somehow Alexa could find it...

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Check if Alexa can find it. I've had that happen to me before where typing the address didn't give me any results, but somehow Alexa could find it...
It can’t. :-(

Sponsored

OP
OP

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Long press to see the location format, and then put it in the search. It may not get you exactly there, but may get you to the nearest cross street.
Didn’t work. Entered coords exactly as shown from long-press on map and search results are empty — nothing to select.

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Same but Diff: I put my home address in, park in driveway. Nav says I still have 100ft to go and route directs me to that spot which is in my front yard.

kizamybute'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This one, that one and the other one.
Clubs

Had read other's saying the Navigation wasn't that good. Have now seen it for myself. Many addresses don't come up at all. Seems like it is based on a 2015 map or something. Then, it CONSTANTLY puts me at the rear of the property I'm going to, the next street over. This has happened many times already. The directions it gives are baffling.

Combine that with my prior complaints that it relies to heavily on having a cellular connection rather than being GPS based FIRST, as all navigation systems should be, with the LTE connection being secondary and yes, this system needs some serious work. Thank goodness for Google maps.

hayduke

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Is this still a bug? I figure I'd let the dust settle but it's been months. The impacted experience is that my car locks and unlocks all day in the garage, gear guard records videos all day, no way to prevent without turning both features off (and on again when I want to use them). I can see my street numbers (but not my street name) on the map, but there's no way to set my address as home. I guess I'll give Rivian support a call. Given how out of date/ old the maps seem to be I figured a lot of people would have this issue and it would get addressed. How hard could it be to just let the user set an arbitrary lat lon (that you can already search for) as Home?
Sponsored