Sponsored

Nanotech Organolyte Batteries

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Taurus
Occupation
Product design engineer
I heard some interesting news on a battery operated head phone capable of 25 hours of operation on a charge at CES (Consumer Electronics Show, Las Vegas), which has just concluded. one of the characteristics cited was how rapidly these can be charged. So I decided to see what sort of new battery offerings might have been disclosed at CES. The following is a link to one of these from Nanotech Energy:

https://nanotechenergy.com/products/emerging/non-flammable-batteries/

Anyone having more information on these, or equivalent competing brands, please add your comments. In particular, if any info indicates additional simplification of battery construction (from the current Rube Goldberg designs) that would be fantastic. Information on actual acquisition of these at the consumer level, in whatever form for test purposes, would be proof of concept.

This info appears to have the possibility of truly making battery operated devices, and electric cars, within the reach of most consumers.
Sponsored

LeoH

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RIVIAN R1S, Tesla S, MAzda CX-30, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Software Engineering Director
Since they seem to make only AA batteries, I have to assume they do not scale very well yet. They are using them in low discharge applications as well.

Sponsored

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
As long as they are grass fed, non GMO, and pesticide free batteries sign me up!
I am guessing you are reacting to "Organolyte" which appears to be a marketing term portmanteau of organic-electrolyte which appears to be graphene.

It's a silly term but your joke is a bit off the mark I think. Organic in this context just means carbon-hydrogen bonds.

Anyways I dont know anything about battery chemistry but there is always the old joke that "graphene can do anything except leave the lab."

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Nanotech Organolyte Battery Characteristics

Hopefully, the following will allay your concerns about battery materials:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/nanotech-energy-announces-pre-orders-145500303.html?.tsrc=fin-srch

Some exciting claims in the article and video linked in it.

- Faster charging
(no details provided on this)

- potentially easily recycled
(no details provided on this)

- non-flammable

- higher energy density (I guess this translates indirectly to capacity?)
The volumetric energy density of traditional lithium-ion batteries is at best 250-600 Wh/L, however, Nanotech Energy has developed five different generations of graphene-based batteries that push the limits of energy density to 400 to 900 Wh/L on the cell level

- good cycle life
1400 cycles (nearly 10 years) of use for 80% cut-off, compared to a traditional lithium-ion battery's 300-500

- good operating temps
(-40°C to +50°C / -40°F to +122°F)

Sounds very promising but I have no way to evaluate those claims or any idea how often we hear similar claims.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Taurus
Occupation
Product design engineer
I am guessing you are reacting to "Organolyte" which appears to be a marketing term portmanteau of organic-electrolyte which appears to be graphene.

It's a silly term but your joke is a bit off the mark I think. Organic in this context just means carbon-hydrogen bonds.

Anyways I dont know anything about battery chemistry but there is always the old joke that "graphene can do anything except leave the lab."
If you want to evaluate the claims acquire a Nanotech Organolyte Battery.

Instead of pleading ignorance, simply contact the company at the following:

Contact

Phone

+1 (800) 995-5491

Email: [email protected]

Address

12100 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 800 Los Angeles,
CA 90025, United State

Sorry. No “gophers” here.

By all means, be sure to return after you’ve gotten a test sample to reveal your findings. All others, who read this, I’ve found it general practice for companies to provide samples to those that provide credible evidence of a need to evaluate their products.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
If you want to evaluate the claims acquire a Nanotech Organolyte Battery.

Instead of pleading ignorance, simply contact the company at the following:

Contact

Phone

+1 (800) 995-5491

Email: [email protected]

Address

12100 Wilshire Blvd.
Suite 800 Los Angeles,
CA 90025, United State

Sorry. No “gophers” here.

By all means, be sure to return after you’ve gotten a test sample to reveal your findings. All others, who read this, I’ve found it general practice for companies to provide samples to those that provide credible evidence of a need to evaluate their products.
Wow what? I think you totally misread my tone.

I am saying their stuff sounds promising (which is a very good thing!) but I am not qualified to know. I think it's very cool to hear about this, I just summarized what I read in the article.

I am like completely unsure why you seem offended.

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

Ha I liked his joke. Also, I am looking forward to the non-diet version of the battery.

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

As long as they are grass fed, non GMO, and pesticide free batteries sign me up!

FWIW you robots this was Humor. I sorry you COULD NOT COMPUTE. LOL. seriously tho cool tech and hoping we see it come to life in the next 10+ years.
Sponsored