First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90 T6
Occupation
Retired
Is anyone else getting really nervous about the total absence of real world photos/videos of Limestone among the hundreds of R1T images out there on the web and social media? Although there are images of color samples, have we seen one production vehicle in Limestone? Has anyone who attended a first drive event seen a vehicle in Limestone? Are there problems with access to the paint, quality control issues, or other technical manufacturing barriers that are standing in the way? I've stuck with Limestone from the moment I placed my pre-order, but I'm having real doubts about that decision now. Has anyone out there taken delivery of a Limestone R1T?
Sponsored

Speedrye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Commodore, Supra, FJ Cruiser
Not at all. I'm hoping it means the R1S reveal/production will begin soon and the Limestone is so spectacular that they're saving it for the R1S reveal.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

I'm convinced that Limestone has been out and about as much as the other colors, but the difference between it and L.A. Silver is so subtle that most have likely just been dismissed as L.A. Silver. It really comes down to Silver is metallic and Limestone is not, and with all the different photo filters and auto adjustments people use, it's impossible to distinguish the two unless they are side by side in the same photo like the paint swatch comparison.

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I'm still excited for this color. Based on the description on the sample at the First Mile, I think it will look awesome. On one of the videos or interviews (I forget where), someone asked RJ about it, and he just laughed. This makes me think maybe there's an issue somewhere, and I think that's why we haven't seen it yet.
But I'm still optimistic!

Matt D.

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Odyssey
Iā€™ve been Limestone since day
I'm still excited for this color. Based on the description on the sample at the First Mile, I think it will look awesome. On one of the videos or interviews (I forget where), someone asked RJ about it, and he just laughed. This makes me think maybe there's an issue somewhere, and I think that's why we haven't seen it yet.
But I'm still optimistic!
Iā€™m thinking RJ just laughed because he had this song stuck in his headā€¦

Sponsored

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
I'm convinced that Limestone has been out and about as much as the other colors, but the difference between it and L.A. Silver is so subtle that most have likely just been dismissed as L.A. Silver. It really comes down to Silver is metallic and Limestone is not, and with all the different photo filters and auto adjustments people use, it's impossible to distinguish the two unless they are side by side in the same photo like the paint swatch comparison.
If that were true then it's a waste of money to get Limestone. Might as well save $1,500 and go with LA Silver.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

If that were true then it's a waste of money to get Limestone. Might as well save $1,500 and go with LA Silver.
Which doesn't make sense in its own right, since Limestone appears to be the simpler color yet it carries a premium.

protamine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LG R1S, 992 GTS
Occupation
CT Surgery
I thought for a while Limestone is actually Launch Green. So they'll rebrand it.

Sponsored

yizzung

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T | Audi allroad
Occupation
Tech

Friscorays

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
G35, V8 Vantage, 4C, F type
Bummer about March 1, 2022.

Last edited:

FullNelsonAZ

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Suburban, Chevy Spark EV, Cadillac XT4
Iā€™m going to say it is all intentional. It is a premium color and I expect they are waiting until production to make sure it is unique. All of the manufacturers have jumped on the flat gray trend over the last couple of years and they donā€™t want others to copy it quicker than they can produce vehicles to make it a signature premium color. I would agree that it becomes part of the R1S reveal.

crashmtb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 aluminium garden shed TD5
Limestone was my original color choice, but had since switched to LG. I know I had mentioned it before, but It looks to me like the color was inspired by an electrical panel.
Limestone.png
I have a focus RS that looks primer grey in most pictures. It is not, however. In reality it is much darker with a bit of blue.

Limestone is apparently like this, but with green.

you cannot go off of pictures alone.

Monkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Y, Ford F-350 and lots moreā€¦
Occupation
Software Developer
Iā€™m going to say it is all intentional. It is a premium color and I expect they are waiting until production to make sure it is unique. All of the manufacturers have jumped on the flat gray trend over the last couple of years and they donā€™t want others to copy it quicker than they can produce vehicles to make it a signature premium color. I would agree that it becomes part of the R1S reveal.
I think this is whatā€™s going on. RJ and a couple of the Rivian people at the press event have kinda hyped Limestone in a low-key way. I think itā€™s going to be a great color, itā€™s what Iā€™ve had selected for my build since the beginning. I keep going back and forth between FE and OC interior, but Iā€™ve pretty much set myself on Limestone + Forest Edge.

It looks to me like Limestone is just like its description ā€” grey with green undertones. I think itā€™s going to be similar to Toyotaā€™s Lunar Rock color (which is amazing, IMO) but a bit darker overall. My reservation was late to the party and I was waiting for the Max Pack anyway, so I know Iā€™ll get to see it in person before i have to finalize my build. ā€¦if Limestone doesnā€™t work then the choice isnā€™t so simple. My second choice is El cap with either FE or OC interior. My wifeā€™s second choice is Blue + OC. Anyway, Iā€™m rambling on stuff no one else cares aboutā€¦
Sponsored