tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I haven't measured the amount of throttle I have to give it before it moves, but it seems excessive to me. Has Rivian said what it's supposed to be?

My R1T has the tocking noise (or some suspension related noise), and the excessive travel area for the throttle.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't lemon the vehicle because technically they haven't repaired it once. Instead their having difficulties fixing it. Sure I get the law might state something else, but I believe in fairness.

The biggest issue also seems to be that a lot of those issues impact a fair amount of customers. So all you can really do to fix the problem is to get your money back, but the truck is worth more than that if you sold it (once they fix it).

Sadly lots of us are all in a wait and see camp.

I'm actually jealous you have a loaner because you can do whatever you want with it. You can put it in and out of camp mode 20 times if you wanted to. You can take it off road to see how durable it is over long stretches.

Hopefully Rivian knows better than giving me a loaner R1T. I'd return it with 5K miles put on it per month just from "I was just testing". Especially when the EA chargers were free.
lol

I hope not everyone does what you wrote above.. Otherwise, Rivian will stop giving R1T Loaner..
Sponsored

Reactions: Guy

PurpleTrain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Sorry to hear your story. This is SF SC?

Did they find something else wrong with your drive unit, or it was merely for tick tock sound?

When I had my fallout, I thought about lemon law too. I didn't go that route because of loan, price hike, and upgrades I've already done to the car. If you do want to go lemon law, most of the time it would result in a settle outside the court, i.e, no manufacture wants to go to court for just 1 car... If they really want to go to court, then you go too, that's fine. Most lemon law firms here don't charge you a fee. They go after manufactures. You never pay anything. So they won't even take your case if they don't think you have a high chance of winning.

DaveA

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I haven't measured the amount of throttle I have to give it before it moves, but it seems excessive to me. Has Rivian said what it's supposed to be?

My R1T has the tocking noise (or some suspension related noise), and the excessive travel area for the throttle.

If I was in your shoes I wouldn't lemon the vehicle because technically they haven't repaired it once. Instead their having difficulties fixing it. Sure I get the law might state something else, but I believe in fairness.

The biggest issue also seems to be that a lot of those issues impact a fair amount of customers. So all you can really do to fix the problem is to get your money back, but the truck is worth more than that if you sold it (once they fix it).

Sadly lots of us are all in a wait and see camp.

I'm actually jealous you have a loaner because you can do whatever you want with it. You can put it in and out of camp mode 20 times if you wanted to. You can take it off road to see how durable it is over long stretches.

Hopefully Rivian knows better than giving me a loaner R1T. I'd return it with 5K miles put on it per month just from "I was just testing". Especially when the EA chargers were free.
Yeah, with my loaner they said take it wherever, but no off-road fun, which I found amusing, but understood.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
Yeah, with my loaner they said take it wherever, but no off-road fun, which I found amusing, but understood.
It's understandable, but at the same time its a bit unclear.

To me no off-road fun means no rally, drift, rock crawling or stream crossing.

But, I haven't done any of that to my R1T. Instead the most punishment its had is gravel off-road with thousands of pot holes.

It was after this where I really started to notice the noise on acceleration and deceleration.

s4wrxttcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Engineer
lol

I hope not everyone does what you wrote above.. Otherwise, Rivian will stop giving R1T Loaner..
I'm not sure how many people feel the way I do.

Where they want to have fun adventures with their R1T, but the price of the vehicle and durability concerns keep them from really doing it. Plus not wanting to pile the miles on.

Obviously no one wants to damage some else's property, but at the same time its an opportunity to torture it a bit. I'm not talking things like a tractor pull, but simply that the loaner aspect of it means they have a bit more freedom to really put it through its paces.

All in all I'm happy with my R1T, but to be really honest I thought it was a bit more proven out than what it seems to be. Only with time will we really know.

Sponsored

cbuckley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
I'm not sure how many people feel the way I do.

Where they want to have fun adventures with their R1T, but the price of the vehicle and durability concerns keep them from really doing it. Plus not wanting to pile the miles on.

Obviously no one wants to damage some else's property, but at the same time its an opportunity to torture it a bit. I'm not talking things like a tractor pull, but simply that the loaner aspect of it means they have a bit more freedom to really put it through its paces.

All in all I'm happy with my R1T, but to be really honest I thought it was a bit more proven out than what it seems to be. Only with time will we really know.
It’s telling when the manufacturer of an “adventure vehicle” tells you to not take their company owned vehicle out for adventurous driving.

I love my RIT but have concerns about it’s durability as an adventure vehicle and it sounds like Rivian does too.

Cactus

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Feb 2014 Tesla Model S, June 2023 R1S
Occupation
Professor
Clubs

It sucks that your truck has problems, but they gave you another R1T to drive, so you're not putting miles on your own truck while they fix yours to your satisfaction.

RWerksman

Site Sponsor
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep & R1T
I'd likely just wait it out. You can always decide what to do when you receive it back.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

It’s telling when the manufacturer of an “adventure vehicle” tells you to not take their company owned vehicle out for adventurous driving.

I love my RIT but have concerns about it’s durability as an adventure vehicle and it sounds like Rivian does too.
I read it more of - don't abuse it just because it is not yours. Not that they have concerns about durability but with the general public there will always be someone that abuses things and then they will stop the loaners.

japine

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Attorney
Read your post and I have filed lawsuits over this (I am an attorney). I was successful but there is a statutory process that you must follow. Call my office to discuss anytime. 407-566-2210.

Sponsored

tosehee

First Name
Se Hee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

I read it more of - don't abuse it just because it is not yours. Not that they have concerns about durability but with the general public there will always be someone that abuses things and then they will stop the loaners.
That's what I meant..

SherpaDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
991 C2S Cab, Ridgeline, Dakota SXT, Ram 50, R1T Or
Occupation
Consultant
I'm in the wait and see camp. I've had a number of issues - fortunately, nothing like what you are experiencing but have only driven mine ~400 miles. I want to love the truck but sadly I've lost confidence in the vehicle because it is just one thing after another. The folks at the SC are great but I feel like they are understaffed and somewhat under-supported. Used market in my area is ~$110k - better than money back from Rivian - considering selling it once everything is repaired.

RoadTripFan

First Name
Quinton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Launch Edition
Occupation
Broker
Clubs

I am curious to hear what your final solution is. I have some of the general laundry list issues and mine is going into the SC today to be worked on while I am out of town for a conference. I still am in love with my truck and have enjoyed it immensely - would like to continue that
Sponsored