Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Yes, you read that right. The truck I waited for, for 3 and a half years was rear-ended. I would love to use this thread for people that have not had this unfortunate mishap to see what the repair process is like.

That being said, everyone involved is okay, the lady who hit me took full responsibility.

How long do you guys estimate repairs will take? Will they be able to source the parts quickly? Will that rear quarter panel need to be completely replaced?

This was obviously very upsetting, just hoping at this point my truck will be back to new soon.

F61A3DA6-2D16-40F1-AB3C-26FDD302CA57_1_201_a.jpeg
So sorry to see this. While little consolation, at least there were no injuries and it was a relatively minor rear end collision so no airbag deployments. Here’s hoping it’s good as new in short order!
Sponsored

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

All good, hit a black cow at night about 45 or 50 mph,

Honestly thats not bad considering, I guess thats our version of swedens "MOOSE" test. Glad you are alright.

lostpacket

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Crosstrek, R1T
Occupation
Software Engineer
Honestly thats not bad considering, I guess thats our version of swedens "MOOSE" test. Glad you are alright.
They have the MOOSE test and we have the MOO test?

I am sorry for even writing that

Sponsored

AdamsFan1983

First Name
Silence Dogood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE in GW
Occupation
Public Relations
Yes, you read that right. The truck I waited for, for 3 and a half years was rear-ended. I would love to use this thread for people that have not had this unfortunate mishap to see what the repair process is like.

That being said, everyone involved is okay, the lady who hit me took full responsibility.

How long do you guys estimate repairs will take? Will they be able to source the parts quickly? Will that rear quarter panel need to be completely replaced?

This was obviously very upsetting, just hoping at this point my truck will be back to new soon.

Quick. Salvage the semi conductors.

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
may seem corny but a easy cheap way to improve brake lighting is get a hitch-insert red lamp that plugs into the trailer port for power and brake signal. had one on my RAV4 and when I would back into garage it was crazy bright red (in the rearview mirror) since its basically a big LED.
I love those normally but the trailer hitch on the Rivian is hidden behind a panel so you'd have to always have it removed even when not towing for the light to be visible.

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

Sponsored

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

I feel your pain, had mine 2 weeks and 2 days, now waiting again

PXL_20220415_193354200 (1).jpg
hope everyone was alright, definitely seem to have caused more damage than me.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla

Sacrilege!

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

Not sure if this is accidental or if you’re trying to milk the cow topic
I'm guessing only one of the three horns involved is still functional, rIght? Udderly senseless joke. I blame the late evening coffee. Tomorrow, it's back to decalf....hold the cream. 🙄

SoCal Rob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S & VW ID.4
Occupation
Information Technology
Clubs

I'm guessing only one of the three horns involved is still functional, rIght? Udderly senseless joke. I blame the late evening coffee. Tomorrow, it's back to decalf....hold the cream. 🙄
I guess I’m not the only one with a cheesy sense of humor. You probably herd that one before.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla XLR+2019, Lexus, Landcruiser, R1T
Occupation
EE Retired
Have we got steel or aluminum here? Aluminum you don't repair (I don't think that many repair steel that much anymore either).
Sponsored