Sponsored

MY TRUCK WAS REAR ENDED

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Yes, you read that right. The truck I waited for, for 3 and a half years was rear-ended. I would love to use this thread for people that have not had this unfortunate mishap to see what the repair process is like.

That being said, everyone involved is okay, the lady who hit me took full responsibility.

How long do you guys estimate repairs will take? Will they be able to source the parts quickly? Will that rear quarter panel need to be completely replaced?

This was obviously very upsetting, just hoping at this point my truck will be back to new soon.

Rivian R1T R1S MY TRUCK WAS REAR ENDED F61A3DA6-2D16-40F1-AB3C-26FDD302CA57_1_201_a
Sponsored

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Dude 😭 feel for you, luckily it's still driveable and didn't look too serious. Sorry to see!

I'd say try and keep it like that for as long as you can and do some off roading etc make it earn that damage! Aha

bael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, X5
Clubs

With the tiny brake lights in the corners, this has been a concern of mine as well - wish they had more visibility there for folks behind. Not that it means it prevents a rear ending, or was the case here.

R1Sky Business

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Clubs

Yes, you read that right. The truck I waited for, for 3 and a half years was rear-ended. I would love to use this thread for people that have not had this unfortunate mishap to see what the repair process is like.

That being said, everyone involved is okay, the lady who hit me took full responsibility.

How long do you guys estimate repairs will take? Will they be able to source the parts quickly? Will that rear quarter panel need to be completely replaced?

This was obviously very upsetting, just hoping at this point my truck will be back to new soon.

F61A3DA6-2D16-40F1-AB3C-26FDD302CA57_1_201_a.jpeg
Sorry you have to go through this. Do you have Rivian insurance?

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S Launch Ed.
Occupation
engineer
Clubs

may seem corny but a easy cheap way to improve brake lighting is get a hitch-insert red lamp that plugs into the trailer port for power and brake signal. had one on my RAV4 and when I would back into garage it was crazy bright red (in the rearview mirror) since its basically a big LED.

Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
That stinks. Luckily you have good perspective on things. I would wager it's probably going to take a little longer than usual just because it's a Rivian, but the repair shouldn't bee too hard - new quarter, tailgate and bumper it looks like.

Again, I feel for you and hope it gets fixed soon so you can get back to enjoying it.

Gator42

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Defender
Gawker forgot to brake?

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Sorry you have to go through this. Do you have Rivian insurance?
I do not have Rivian insurance, but am insured and so was the other party. Had a service scheduled for end of month added this to the ticket.

virgnia_rivian

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, Mazda Miata
Since you were not at fault definitely file a diminished value claim with the insurance carrier of the driver who hit you. Your insurance carrier can always serve as the intermediary. Diminished value is filed after the repairs are made.

OP
OP
ajbrutman

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Since you were not at fault definitely file a diminished value claim with the insurance carrier of the driver who hit you. Your insurance carrier can always serve as the intermediary. Diminished value is filed after the repairs are made.
thanks for the tip

Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Jeep Wrangler, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx Retired
Clubs

What a heartbreaker, I’m so sorry 😢 for you! You’re doing a better job than I would at keeping your chin up.

Riviot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Clubs

... But what did the lawn sign say?

Zoidz

First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 R1S Adv, Avalanche, BMWs-X3,330cic,K1200RS bike
Occupation
Engineer
Sorry to see this, but everyone's OK, that's what matters.

We have seen multiple pictures that the side panel is one piece front to back. Other vehicles with one piece side panels have repair quarter panels. They cut out the damaged section and weld in the new panel. Des Rivian have this available? I guess they could cut a repair panel out of a full panel. A good body work guy could probably pull that dent, but it seems they prefer to replace panels instead of fixing them.

Rivian R1T R1S MY TRUCK WAS REAR ENDED 1652670154915

Avalanche repair panel.
Rivian R1T R1S MY TRUCK WAS REAR ENDED 1652670351243