Sponsored

electruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Rivian R1S
I was at the SC this am. Discussed this roof defect with Rivian rep and they basically say nothing they can do. There were about 6 different R1Ts there and everyone has similar roof defects. Here are pics of my loaner, a brand new R1T. As you can see, driver's side is flush but the passenger side is not
20220610_165123.jpg
20220610_165053.jpg
Do we have any idea if this may be related to some of the wind noise complaints?
Sponsored

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
Do we have any idea if this may be related to some of the wind noise complaints?
Rivian rep at the SC denies that this would cause any additional wind noise without me even asking so I'm sure others have addressed this...

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I think of it like creating a character in a video game. For example, create a player in Madden. You're normally given say....60 points to distribute between a bunch of different categories. And with a 911 you give it a 90 to 95 on acceleration, turning, and breaking, but about a 3 on ground clearance and a few other things. Most trucks are the opposite.

The R1T is like giving someone a cheat code so they have 90 points to distribute. You can't quite max out each category, but you can get above average to really excellent in almost every category.
This. It's funny you say cheat code. That's exactly what I feel this vehicle is. It feels like it shouldn't exist. I've never been one for custom license plates but I've been considering getting 'cht code' as a license plate.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
This. It's funny you say cheat code. That's exactly what I feel this vehicle is. It feels like it shouldn't exist. I've never been one for custom license plates but I've been considering getting 'cht code' as a license plate.
I've been pondering what to name our truck. I'm stealing you idea that I inspired. #sorrynotsorry. 😂

Sponsored

E Parx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I've been pondering what to name our truck. I'm stealing you idea that I inspired. #sorrynotsorry. 😂
Great minds think alike.

We were up in the mountains over Memorial weekend camping and 4x4ing with some friends (and our 3 dogs) near Buena Vista.
Rivian R1T R1S My thoughts, two weeks into R1T ownership... 20220527_204217

The only other R1T I ran into was going over Hoosier Pass from Fairplay to Breck. It had 'RVN R1T' as it's plate. Had to be a very early delivery. We drove as a caravan over the entire pass which felt pretty cool. Never stopped to chat as it was snowing.

Last edited:

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
Aside from 18 wheelers, who is going to see this really? I mean sure, we’d all like it flush on both sides, but this is a stamping issue…same way that both rear passenger doors seem to have a lip vs the front doors…a Rivianism that won’t be solved until refinements in production in future iterations. IMO 🤷‍♂️
Maybe can't "see" it but I wonder if it contributes to the wind noise that is evident over 65mph. I have to go outside and look at mine now.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

Maybe can't "see" it but I wonder if it contributes to the wind noise that is evident over 65mph. I have to go outside and look at mine now.
I think they are all like that. Defect in the stamping. Only way to fix it is to replace the die, which is super expensive.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Dual Motor AWD, Ford F150 EB 4X4 Platinum 6.5ft bed
I think they are all like that. Defect in the stamping. Only way to fix it is to replace the die, which is super expensive.
That's basically what Phoenix SC mechanic told me but Rivian is tracking this defect. They are looking for ways to correct this via body shop if it's even possible.
Sponsored