SASSquatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i3s Ford C-Max Hybrid
Occupation
Semi-Autonomous Yeti
Clubs

White holds up better with kids, honestly.
Ocean Coast is not really white. It's a bluish grey. It helps to compare OC with Tesla's white as a reference. OC isn't even close to white.

Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian R1T Ocean Coast Interior Delivery!! Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.17.17 PM

Jayhawkeye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Expedition, Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
Software
Sorry for using the term, white.

we have a grand Cherokee with black interior and an expedition with light gray/tan interior. The expedition has held up much better due to the light color.

Tanquen

First Name
Hope you enjoye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Nissan Frontier
Wow, I ordered before he did but support and guide are ignoring me after eight step process failed. Oh well.

Sponsored

Dirty_B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Sales
Congrats!
Enjoy and I hope they get you taken care of on the Tonneau cover quickly but it seems like you have a great attitude about it (you know they will, but it'll be a painful wait - I would have taken delivery as well :)).

One point of clarification for factual record - there is more liquid in the truck than just the windshield washer fluid. If you ever see fluid under the truck - as others have - it's not good. What you may have meant to say is the only liquid owners have to worry about servicing regularly is the washer fluid.

https://chargedevs.com/newswire/riv...imiting-factor-for-maximizing-ev-performance/

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
Did you get the sweet mismatched black speaker grills? Hopefully Rivian gave a credit for using spare parts from the black interior?

shrink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 R1S (x2); '22 R1T; '14 Jeep Cherokee
Clubs

Ocean Coast is not really white. It's a bluish grey. It helps to compare OC with Tesla's white as a reference. OC isn't even close to white.

Screen Shot 2022-08-31 at 10.17.17 PM.png
Ocean Coast actually looks a lot like Tesla's old Performance White (aka Signature White) which was an option in the 2012 Signature Model S's. I just sold one in anticipation of my en route R1T. I really liked it - especially living in a desert. Made a huge difference in temperature and comfort - especially as compared to the black interior we currently have in our Model 3.

I'd call Tesla's current white Cocaine White, but that name has already been taken.

Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian R1T Ocean Coast Interior Delivery!! IMG_2048.JPG

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
I was thrown off by the “white” claim. I hope like others have stated that it’s closer to grey than white.

Sponsored

iansriv

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S
Congrats! Love the look of OC, specially the black piping around the edges. Thanks for sharing.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Ocean Coast actually looks a lot like Tesla's old Performance White (aka Signature White) which was an option in the 2012 Signature Model S's. I just sold one in anticipation of my en route R1T. I really liked it - especially living in a desert. Made a huge difference in temperature and comfort - especially as compared to the black interior we currently have in our Model 3.

I'd call Tesla's current white Cocaine White, but that name has already been taken.

IMG_2048.JPG
I'd argue Ocean Coast is most similar to Tesla's original Grey interior, which was discontinued in favor of the current White. Signature White is closer to the current Cream interior they offer.

slider2828

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot
I was excited.... but this is the black dash not the white leather... which I am waiting for.... Nice it got delivered though!

Gsxr150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F
I admire your tenacity on this issue. Keep it up!

-The guy still asking for CarPlay
Well, Carplay didn't show up on the media center renders, did it? I just want what they showed us a couple of weeks ago.

astonius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cars
Well, Carplay didn't show up on the media center renders, did it? I just want what they showed us a couple of weeks ago.
For sure, you have a more righteous argument, and one I agree with. The lighter grilles look way better and are what was advertised.
Sponsored