Sponsored

MountainBikeDude

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 El Cap Quad Motor R1T (Selling the Xterra)
Clubs

Thanks for the kind thoughts! Really hoping to avoid surgery if I can, it's a long road to recovery if I need screws/pins/plates and I have plans in the Enchantments in August... but with the nature of the break it may not be up for debate (displaced fracture of the medial malleolus of the right tibia). I'll let the physicians make that particular call 🙂
Alright, serious question here... were you wearing a GoPro?
Sponsored

OP
OP
kylealden

kylealden

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T LE, Tesla Model Y, Zero DSR/X, '69 CJ5
Occupation
Product Management
Alright, serious question here... were you wearing a GoPro?
No, but I had my phone in a mount for filming. But wasn't recording at the time, unfortunately.

The Apple Watch was recording my heart rate, though. See if you can find the crash site 😅:

Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian nightmare… 1652801534980

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

put it up on turo to make yourself some bank while you heal.

IrishDawg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; Model 3 DM; R1T awaiting delivery
Occupation
Lawyer
Another vehicle with transporter damage. Certainly seems like a lot of trucks are being damaged and this surprises me since I have not had issues with other new vehicles I have bought. Rivian need to investigate if they can improve the transportation process to cut down on service calls.
Seven or eight years ago the transporter destroyed two wheels and a rocker panel on an Audi S-3 I had pre-ordered. I only found out about it because I knew when the car was arriving and had scheduled to pick it up the same day. Had I been buying it off the lot, I would never have known of the damage--the dealer would have just fixed it before putting it out for sale. I suspect that the seemingly high number of Rivians being damaged is as much a factor of such a lot-free delivery method as it is the transporter. In other words, transporters have been damaging vehicles for years, consumers just haven't been seeing it!

IrishDawg

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90; Model 3 DM; R1T awaiting delivery
Occupation
Lawyer
I took a spill mountain biking on Saturday and broke my right ankle. Jury is out on whether I need surgery, but in any case I won’t be driving for 2-3 months 🤦‍♂️

It’s just sitting there, taunting me…
[/QUOTE]

And wishing you a speedy recovery! It sucks to get knocked out right when MTB season is kicking off here in the PNW.

MaxMike77

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ford expedition, jeep, tesla model three
Occupation
nerd
Aaaarrgghhhh! Just thinking about that kills me. Waiting so long.... best wishes. I hope the best on the surgery issue, that sounds rough. Like a couple others have emphasized, I would be happy to help out and get a few miles on the truck ;)
Sponsored