Sponsored

AdamUCF

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
June 2022 R1T
the battery pack is covered under warranty, but I guess not the 12v?
Absolutely should be under the bumper to bumper warranty. Before handing them my card I would have forced them to show me exactly where in the warranty documents it states the vampire drain and lack of 12v being covered.

These stories frustrate me. Especially as new company, Rivian service centers should be bending over backwards to make customers happy and give them the benefit of the doubt when it comes to these issues. Is Rivian really that hard up for cash? My buddy ran something over in his Tesla and ripped his underbody covering off and they replaced it for free. I've had Chevrolet dealers give better service than what's being described here.

Edit... the Warranty Guide says the batteries are covered for 3yr/36k.
Rivian R1T R1S My Rivian completely dead from ~40% vampire drain after a month long vacation 1679084930117
Sponsored

whiterock2000

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
I am not sure at what main battery percentage they stop charging the 12V system to protect the main battery. I have heard it could be as high as 40% though. When I leave for longer trips I charge above 85%. I have just over 1% loss per day with my R1T. I wouldn't even think of leaving on vacation with it at 40%. Sorry to hear about your battery issue. Rivian should be much more clear about this.
My R1T lost about 1% after putting on transportation mode. I left home on March 6 with 70% charged. Here are the battery status after I left home.

3-6 70%

3-8 68% 223 miles

3-11 64% 210miles

3/13 63% 206miles

3/15 62% 203 miles

3-19 59% 190 miles

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
My R1T lost about 1% after putting on transportation mode. I left home on March 6 with 70% charged. Here are the battery status after I left home.

3-6 70%

3-8 68% 223 miles

3-11 64% 210miles

3/13 63% 206miles

3/15 62% 203 miles

3-19 59% 190 miles
So transportation mode is even less than 1%. Good to know. I would still like to know at what percentage they turn off the 12V charging to protect the main battery.

Brewbud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T, 20 Cummins, 05 Jeep LJR, 22 Range Rover Sport
The recent update has made a big difference in my drain.
It is strange how it has helped some owners and others have not had an issue previous to the update. Makes you wonder how many different pieces of hardware are used. Although, having designed many electronic products over the years, I do know how simple things like noise on a single circuit can cause havoc on sensors and give false readings or throw an IC off in the weeds.

TheCaDean

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T Rivian
Occupation
Asset Managment
Clubs

Well, it wasn't quite as long, but I left a 2022 Tesla MYP at Boston Logan airport (outside) in Dec/Jan for 24 days (sentry off and only checked app 1x per week) and lost a total of 1% battery in that time period. While I sympathize with OP's predicament, this seems more like a owner negligence issue than an issue with the vehicle. Vehicle owners need to educated themselves about their vehicle and have reasonable expectations. If OP parked near a charger and knew he would be away for an extended period, then why would he not have left the truck plugged in, or had someone available to plug it in when he checked status at some point? Did he leave gear guard on? If he just rode up, and left the vehicle for a month, then a reasonable owner would have to expect the same thing....
My battery loses 3% today. The r1t is maintained in a climate controlled garage. I even put it on camping mode. Looks like I'm going to have to dump of the vehicle and get myself a bronco.

Sponsored

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired

3-6 70%

3-8 68% 223 miles

3-11 64% 210miles

3/13 63% 206miles

3/15 62% 203 miles

3-19 59% 190 miles
Just curious any reason you did not plug it in?

If I leave for an extended period I would plug the Tesla in. Plan to do the same if leaving the Rivian. I normally only plug in while charging when home.

HyperionMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T and Model Y (previously a 3 and X)
My battery loses 3% today. The r1t is maintained in a climate controlled garage. I even put it on camping mode. Looks like I'm going to have to dump of the vehicle and get myself a bronco.
Camping mode keeps a lot of things on. No wonder you are having such a high draw. Try shipping mode if you routinely let it sit somewhere for more than a day or so.

whiterock2000

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Just curious any reason you did not plug it in?

If I leave for an extended period I would plug the Tesla in. Plan to do the same if leaving the Rivian. I normally only plug in while charging when home.
I did plug in; but not charge the Rivian. The reason is to find out how much power it could drain when parked with Transportation mode on. My R1T lost about 1~2% daily in early Feb without the transportation on.

Sponsored

EdgarD

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T
Occupation
Retired
I leave our Rivians plugged in when we leave on trips. One on the normal charger, the other on the 110V portable charger. Watching the car go to 0% while I’m away would give me serious anxiety.
Can I conclude that this works for you? I’m going to be away for a few months and I was planning on connecting 110v and scheduling a charge based on some as yet unknown threshold.

Rivianut

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Pilot
Can I conclude that this works for you? I’m going to be away for a few months and I was planning on connecting 110v and scheduling a charge based on some as yet unknown threshold.
Leave it plugged into your home charger at 70%, or 110v and try not to miss your truck too much.