Sponsored

dleewla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian, Toyota, Lexus
Clubs

Thanks for sharing.

Can you speak a little more to the interior colors? I've heard other folks mention the Ocean Coast is more grey than white. How about Black Mountain? Is it actually black or dark grey? And is the shade of grey the same on the wood trim as it is on the leather seats? How about Forest Green? Is it darker or lighter than the configurator?

One side note. Why is the configurator still only renders? They couldn't take time to put actual photos of the exterior and interior colors? And they couldn't add more photos as well? Its seriously confounding.
Sponsored

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

i hope we get to see your PERSONAL R1T tomorrow!
I would love that as well! Not gonna hold my breath just yet, but I'm sure enjoying the stories, pics, and videos of others from their test drives.

Now I can't wait to read all of the reviews that should be here tomorrow! I'm trying to get to sleep, but having very little success....

cwinters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pacifica Hybrid, R1S LE
Any one drive the one with 22s yet? Do they dare take that over mt Rivian? Since I'll be commuting 80-90% in this thing I am considering the 22s.

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Thanks for sharing.

Can you speak a little more to the interior colors? I've heard other folks mention the Ocean Coast is more grey than white. How about Black Mountain? Is it actually black or dark grey? And is the shade of grey the same on the wood trim as it is on the leather seats? How about Forest Green? Is it darker or lighter than the configurator?

One side note. Why is the configurator still only renders? They couldn't take time to put actual photos of the exterior and interior colors? And they couldn't add more photos as well? Its seriously confounding.

I was there yesterday and all three interiors were available to see. I thought Ocean Coast was too white for me personally, but it looks sharp. I'm just worried I would have to spend a lot of time cleaning it.

Black Mountain is a little bit on the grey side it looked better than I expected. I'm just not a fan of black interiors due to heat buildup.

My favorite is Forest Edge and it looked exactly like I was hoping for.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T test drive review from Normal today. It is very good Forest Ed

Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
Any one drive the one with 22s yet? Do they dare take that over mt Rivian? Since I'll be commuting 80-90% in this thing I am considering the 22s.

All of the test drive trucks had 20"AT tires. It wouldn't make sense to go on the off road course with the 22" . They had a display truck with the 22's.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T test drive review from Normal today. It is very good 22%22

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
I was disappointed that there were no Limestone or Launch Green trucks there, but I took pictures of the samples and here's what they look like, side by side.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T test drive review from Normal today. It is very good Limestone vs LG 2021-09-27 at 7.02.50 PM

jessefive

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime
Occupation
Real Estate Appraiser
I was disappointed that there were no Limestone or Launch Green trucks there, but I took pictures of the samples and here's what they look like, side by side.

Limestone vs LG 2021-09-27 at 7.02.50 PM.jpg
Knowing how light LG can be in certain lighting, this comparison makes me even more excited for Limestone

Lucanjo

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Genesis G80, Honda Ridgeline, Honda Odyssey
Clubs

Limestone vs LG 2021-09-27 at 7.02.50 PM.jpg
If anyone is going this week could you get a couple of pictures of LG and FG in the same shot? I saw one but FG was way out on the side, couldn’t tell as well. Trying to eliminate variables with white balance, exposure, etc. from two separate pics. Thanks!

@DuckTruck - I know, I know, I should probably stop trying to compare… LG/FE/AT/4U but I think I like FG/OC/AT/4ME and want to make sure I won’t regret missing out on the LG exclusivity.

Blueassassin

First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, Hummer H1, Lotus Elise
Occupation
Equipment Manager
Clubs

I was there yesterday and all three interiors were available to see. I thought Ocean Coast was too white for me personally, but it looks sharp. I'm just worried I would have to spend a lot of time cleaning it.

Black Mountain is a little bit on the grey side it looked better than I expected. I'm just not a fan of black interiors due to heat buildup.

My favorite is Forest Edge and it looked exactly like I was hoping for.

Forest Edge.jpeg
Dang that wasn't there Sunday that looks nice I like the wood on the Forest edge

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Thanks for sharing.

I'd say more light gray than off-white for Ocean Coast. The black is a mix of charcoal and dark grays I think. The wood for all three looks great. It doesn't in the CG version of the configurator. I think all 3 are just neutral enough they could go with any external color. I don't think all 3 were ready for prime time when the configurator launched.

buddha2lotus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model s
Occupation
physician
I mentioned the controls on the steering wheel feeling a smidge subpar materials-wise, but overall I liked the interiors an awful lot. Everything felt well-made/solid for the most part. Didn't get a super close look at the back of the front seats though.
The fact that these are still pre-production samples with this level of finish is impressive. I can't wait until I get my R1S!!

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Great review! Did they have a Chicago address on file for you? I was under the impression we were out of the range for the Normal test drives but now I…I…I just don’t know what to believe
I had a Chicago address on file. I might be a known quantity to some of their customer experience folks through social media but if anybody did me any favors I had no communications about it. My best guess, based on also being a Jan 2020 order, is that we are in range but that they wanted a shotgun approach at first to get word of mouth active in the most widespread area possible. What's becoming clear now is that this is an ongoing event and people will keep getting invites. Might just be dumb luck that I got one from the first batch.

drwatershed

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Baja
Occupation
retired
Clubs

any estimate of how many people there per day? Trying to figure out how soon my name moves up the list??

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
Looked like about as many as there were appt. slots. I was there about two hours + my driver's test time and probably saw 6-8 other groups of people tops. The display trucks and the folks answering Qs about them were very accessible and very Rivian, i.e. nice and obviously happy to be there/legit-psyched about the product.
Sponsored