Sponsored

GIJoe

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, Tesla 3
any estimate of how many people there per day? Trying to figure out how soon my name moves up the list??
They told me 150ish
Sponsored

JEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1T LE, 2016 Volvo S60
Occupation
Technical Support
If anyone is going this week could you get a couple of pictures of LG and FG in the same shot? I saw one but FG was way out on the side, couldnā€™t tell as well. Trying to eliminate variables with white balance, exposure, etc. from two separate pics. Thanks!

@DuckTruck - I know, I know, I should probably stop trying to compareā€¦ LG/FE/AT/4U but I think I like FG/OC/AT/4ME and want to make sure I wonā€™t regret missing out on the LG exclusivity.
Here's a shot of LG & FG from the samples.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1T test drive review from Normal today. It is very good Green comparison

ja_kub_sz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 LR Discovery, 2019 LR Range Rover Velar
@Pherdnut

Thanks a ton for the post!

On a 1-10 scale how would you rate the R1T from what you've seen?

Also, what 3 other vehicles would you consider as alternatives?

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

If anyone is going this week could you get a couple of pictures of LG and FG in the same shot? I saw one but FG was way out on the side, couldnā€™t tell as well. Trying to eliminate variables with white balance, exposure, etc. from two separate pics. Thanks!

@DuckTruck - I know, I know, I should probably stop trying to compareā€¦ LG/FE/AT/4U but I think I like FG/OC/AT/4ME and want to make sure I wonā€™t regret missing out on the LG exclusivity.
I love the Forest Green. If they would have made that the exclusive color, I would have been all over that. I still prefer the FE interior, but the OC works well with the FG, it'll be cooler in the Summer, and it'll leave you with an extra $2K for a whole bunch of Rivian merchandise!

Luckily, after waiting for so long to see the Launch Green, it was all worth it. To have it silently roll through the door I was standing next to was really something. It was much better than even my really high expectations. Not sure what I'd have done if it was hideous, however, it was anything but. I love it, and the exclusive nature just sealed the deal as the only choice for me.

I'm meeting a guy today to discuss a matted XPEL wrap for it. If for no other reason, I want to get it out in the wild and play in the dust, dirt, mud, and forests with it, but have the original paint looking good when we celebrate ten years together....in October of 2031, HINT, HINT! Phone's still fully charged.... ?

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
I'm meeting a guy today to discuss a matted XPEL wrap for it. If for no other reason, I want to get it out in the wild and play in the dust, dirt, mud, and forests with it, but have the original paint looking good when we celebrate ten years together....in October of 2031, HINT, HINT! Phone's still fully charged.... ?
Let us know if you get a price estimate, please! I know it will vary (perhaps even significantly) depending where one lives, but even a ballpark figure would be great. I've never wrapped a car beforeā€”never had one worth wrappingā€”but am definitely considering it for the R1S when I get it next year. (Right? Right?!)

Sponsored

wizardwings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Vroom vroom

This was posted in the FG thread: https://www.rivianforums.com/forum/threads/forest-green-rivian-club.2115/post-60886

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
> They are noticeably a smidge larger than a Taco

Tacoma?

Is there a table which compares the dimensions of the R1T to an ICE truck?
I'm not a truck person* (but I do have a reservation for a R1T) and this would be really helpful for me to visiualize.

* Two-time Tesla owner, but I need something to haul "stuff" which I used to do in a minivan for 14 years before I got my first Tesla.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
> They are noticeably a smidge larger than a Taco

Tacoma?

Is there a table which compares the dimensions of the R1T to an ICE truck?
I'm not a truck person* (but I do have a reservation for a R1T) and this would be really helpful for me to visiualize.

* Two-time Tesla owner, but I need something to haul "stuff" which I used to do in a minivan for 14 years before I got my first Tesla.
Think Honda Ridgeline size. Or a wider Tacoma.

EdA

First Name
Edward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3, 2012 Tesla Model S (formerly)
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Think Honda Ridgeline size. Or a wider Tacoma.
Thanks, spent hours and hours and hours on the Tesla forums before my first Model S.
Still trying to find my bearing here :)

OP
OP
Pherdnut

Pherdnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mazda CX-9
@Pherdnut

Thanks a ton for the post!

On a 1-10 scale how would you rate the R1T from what you've seen?

Also, what 3 other vehicles would you consider as alternatives?
Sorry. MIssed this.

9.5. Mindblowing experience, but there are little things here and there that could use refinement. Camera is functional but kinda basic and I was disappointed you can only get it on the center screen. UI seems decent but I suspect they're not going as high tier as Tesla on the hardware for the infotainment given the wimpy answer I got about potential for games in the future. I hope it's at least good for streaming eventually. And I'm concerned the power tonneux might be a problem if it can't be manually opened and closed if the motors go bad.

I was shopping for a used model S when I discovered Rivian and I still wouldn't hate having one of the previous gen models (not feeling the batman steering wheel or reduced cargo space on the new ones). No other Tesla interests me RN. The noise, interiors and QC/service issues really turned me off on the 3s and Ys. The X is just way too many $ for features I don't care about and a roof that isn't rack friendly.

I replaced a Civic with a used 2015 CX-9 because I wanted to check myself on the larger vehicle in a city experience and I still very much enjoy driving the CX-9. Like the Rivian, it's surprising nimble on the road for a larger vehicle and I'm sure there are details I will miss about it after the trade-in. I of course wouldn't try 95% of the off-road stuff they demoed on the Rivian with a CX-9 and they're considered surprisingly decent for light off road. I'm also not sure I'll actually be gaining that much lockable carrying capacity with the R1T TBH.

If I were still considering ICE, I'd be pretty curious about the Bronco right now, but I'm not willing to wait for an EV version. It does look like Ford knocked it out of the park with those things though.

Of the EV off-roaders, the size alone disqualifies the brodozer and the CT but there's plenty more I dislike about both.
Sponsored

Last edited: