First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Rivian Blue with the Black Mountain interior. Camp kitchen not available yet...
20" wheels with all terrain tires.

So the purchase process goes like this for those that are interested:
3/18 - Received and email to setup a time to speak with a guide.
3/21 - Guide wanted to speak mainly because of the delay with the Ocean Coast interior, had a call for about 40 minutes. My guide is Paimon, very pleasant to talk with and was helpful to understand the purchase process. Also was able to get my question answered about the 12 volt system. So yes the 12 volt system is constantly maintained by the main battery pack even when the truck is off. This was important to me because I plan to run a cooler in the front all the time.
3/24 - Emailed link to review and sign Preliminary Buyer's Agreement. Finished this on the 26th. Was traveling on business otherwise would have taken care of this sooner...
3/26 - Confirmation of the Preliminary Buyer's Agreement being signed.
3/26 - Logged into my rivian.com account and immediately saw the 8 steps to complete my purchase. Late at night, had work in the morning so started the next day.
3/27 - Steps are:
1. Title & Registration: setting up the names on the truck and uploading pictures (front and back) of drivers licenses
2. Trade-in: did not do this keeping my ICE truck, it goes 700 miles on a full tank of gas, so great for road trips, backup in case I need a spare vehicle, and its paid for!
3. Financing: Ended up not using the Rivian financing (though Chase I believe) because even with a 800+ credit score for 5 years its over 4%. I am financing through my local credit union at about 2%. You can also opt to pay in full here and setup a wire or ACH.
4. Insurance: Have not gotten this far. Getting a quote from a few places and then see what Rivian offers.
5. Upload Documents: again have not gotten this far
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

My guide called me this morning and told me that I should have my truck this weekend if I can get the financing and insurance taken care of in a reasonable time.

My credit union reached out to me today. I forgot to unfreeze my credit! They told me I should have a decision in the next 24 to 48 hours. Funds available before end of week.

Will post updates as I have them.
Sponsored

omamatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T Adventure; 2020 BMW X5

3/21 - Guide wanted to speak mainly because of the delay with the Ocean Coast interior, had a call for about 40 minutes. My guide is Paimon, very pleasant to talk with and was helpful to understand the purchase process. Also was able to get my question answered about the 12 volt system. So yes the 12 volt system is constantly maintained by the main battery pack even when the truck is off. This was important to me because I plan to run a cooler in the front all the time.
3/24 - Emailed link to review and sign Preliminary Buyer's Agreement. Finished this on the 26th. Was traveling on business otherwise would have taken care of this sooner...
3/26 - Logged into my rivian.com account and immediately saw the 8 steps to complete my purchase. Late at night, had work in the morning so started the next day.
3/27 - Steps are:
1. Title & Registration: setting up the names on the truck and uploading pictures (front and back) of drivers licenses
2. Trade-in: did not do this keeping my ICE truck, it goes 700 miles on a full tank of gas, so great for road trips, backup in case I need a spare vehicle, and its paid for!
3. Financing: Ended up not using the Rivian financing (though Chase I believe) because even with a 800+ credit score for 5 years its over 4%. I am financing through my local credit union at about 2%. You can also opt to pay in full here and setup a wire or ACH.
4. Insurance: Have not gotten this far. Getting a quote from a few places and then see what Rivian offers.
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

My guide called me this morning and told me that I should have my truck this weekend if I can get the financing and insurance taken care of in a reasonable time.

My credit union reached out to me today. I forgot to unfreeze my credit! They told me I should have a decision in the next 24 to 48 hours. Funds available before end of week.

Congrats. You’ve got to be so excited.
Did your order ever flip back to old pricing and state your configuration was confirmed and to make changes contact your guide?

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla

3/27 - Steps are:
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

About the Ocean Coast interior, did they just say not available now and that you needed to change to Black if you wanted delivery now? Any mention about how long a delay would have been if you opted to keep OC? I’m curious since I have OC and would like to keep it but seems like they are forcing everyone into the black interior.

Zac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Acura MDX
Clubs

3/27 - Steps are:
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

I think I saw your truck at the San Diego SC yesterday. ?

simmoac

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 GMC Sierra, 2021 BMW X3
Occupation
Accountant

3/27 - Steps are:
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

Awesome! You and I were on the same timeline, at least until they accidentally put my truck on a trailer to California … now I am back in limbo ??‍♂?
otherwise, timeline and experience spot on with mine
Enjoy!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
DannyC

DannyC

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 RAM 1500, 2022 R1T (soon)
Occupation
Computer Consultant
Yes kept the original pricing.

Was told it's going to be a while for the ocean coast interior. Not happy about that but can't wait any longer.

I checked delivery dates and of my financing good through I could have my truck by Wednesday! On business travel out of state right now so that wouldn't happen unfortunately... Maybe Thursday!

Craigins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T
Occupation
Software engineer
Clubs

About the Ocean Coast interior, did they just say not available now and that you needed to change to Black if you wanted delivery now? Any mention about how long a delay would have been if you opted to keep OC? I’m curious since I have OC and would like to keep it but seems like they are forcing everyone into the black interior.
All but one guides have told their customers, if you switch to BM, you can get it now, otherwise you're on track for your delivery window.

This was a push to deliver vehicles in Q1. Not a delay.

Cavalryscout18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
All but one guides have told their customers, if you switch to BM, you can get it now, otherwise you're on track for your delivery window.

This was a push to deliver vehicles in Q1. Not a delay.
Makes sense. Q1 ends in 2 days so jus trying to push these out. I have a ways to go (first half 2023) so hopefully they have the OC figured out by then. Would hate to give my free upgrade.

Guy

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda 6, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Scientist
Clubs

Surprised this is on the front page two weeks later!

CLAYG

First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Chevy suburban

3/27 - Steps are:
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

What was your approximate order number

Sponsored

kommonplace

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.kevinjwangler.com
Vehicles
2014 Ford Flex, non-LE R1S preorder
Occupation
IT Director
Surprised this is on the front page two weeks later!
Right?! I'm reading the "quarter ends in two days" and I'm like, wait, what? The quarter en—ohhhhhh, this is an old thread. Very weird to see it hit the front page. It's good, it's interesting, it's useful, but... weird that it took two weeks.

fedarga

First Name
Dawit
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Passport

3/27 - Steps are:
6. Sign Contracts
7. Payment
8. Schedule delivery

I have see financing rate as low as 1.4%

goldburger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
With the camp kitchen not available yet did you pay for it or was it removed form your financing price?
Sponsored