kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

So Ive been slowly making a R1S camp kitchen and need some input, here is the progress.

Here is everything completed. Just need to Mill a final design with some updated spacing for prettier aesthetics.

• Integrates with full spare tire (no need to remove)
  • Off the Shelf Components and can be replaced easily
  • Water Pump with proper pressure (meant for a shower)
  • Water pump is battery operated can be used to wash pets etc with enough pressure as well.
  • One plug integration just plugs into car outlet via extension cord
  • Legs unscrew and fold up in cargo area above tire below kitchen.
  • Cargo Cover goes on surface remains flat
  • Setup and take down is under 2 minutes

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20231011_015217307

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20230920_211004684

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20230920_211015069

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20230920_211114326

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20230920_211119654

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20231012_015944855

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) PXL_20231023_181030441

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) 1000070631
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Here is the Input Needed

• Camp Kitchen Will Have LEGS so you don't actually cook in your car, it will be for storage/transport only.

Option 1: Would someone want to make sure the legs are 100% fully integrated and will require some partial assembly when removed (hinges will be attached but will need to attach the legs) OR have short legs 3 feet high.

OR

Option 2: Would it make more sense to have a docking table where the camp kitchen just pulls out of the storage area and sits on the table for cooking. Table would be made of wood and it would just sit on top of a folded structure with latches for security.

Option 3: You do you, i wouldn't be interested in buying such a item anyways.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Option 2 would look sort of like this with a table made for the kitchen to dock/clamp on. Granted that table would not be able to fit anywhere in the wheel area so it takes up cargo space.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) 1675705503259

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Here is the Input Needed

• Camp Kitchen Will Have LEGS so you don't actually cook in your car, it will be for storage/transport only.

Option 1: Would someone want to make sure the legs are 100% fully integrated and will require some partial assembly when removed (hinges will be attached but will need to attach the legs) OR have short legs 3 feet high.

OR

Option 2: Would it make more sense to have a docking table where the camp kitchen just pulls out of the storage area and sits on the table for cooking. Table would be made of wood and it would just sit on top of a folded structure with latches for security.

Option 1 is most compelling. Otherwise I might as well just buy separate components unrelated to the R1S and not bother with fitting it to the vehicle.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

I really want info on what Rivian is going to do before considering doing this in an R1S.

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I really want info on what Rivian is going to do before considering doing this in an R1S.
honestly i know they mentioned it at one point but unless they are removing the spare there isn't any other options.

SeaGeo

First Name
Brice
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Xc60 T8
Occupation
Engineer
Here is the Input Needed

OR

Option 1.

Steel the leg approach that EVlander had or the same brackets that your cheap old card tables use.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Option 1 is most compelling. Otherwise I might as well just buy separate components unrelated to the R1S and not bother with fitting it to the vehicle.

that was my take on it as well

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Option 1.

Steel the leg approach that EVlander had or the same brackets that your cheap old card tables use.

Yeap im about to test a few diff ones out today to see if I can attach it to the carbon frame and make it all fit below.

moosehead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Ioniq 5, ‘78 Jeep Wagoneer

Sponsored

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

Nicely done K. Definitely like Option 1. Wondering if there are strong enough telescoping legs so kitchen can go on ground or on a picnic table, ie: 12x12 tent awning legs.

So there is, I was looking into them actually but I don't know if they are sturdy enough for wind (because of the small kitchen footprint) so I was debating on making my own with some 1x1 wood, adjustable risers and different slots for different heights.

Rivian R1T R1S My R1S Camp Kitchen Custom DIY (Field Testing Complete) 2200139l_70

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6
I've always camped with open flame stoves (propane, alcohol, or wood)... really like the iKamper Disco cookset. Since I've never used an induction cooktop while camping, what are the perceived advantages? I like the portability/flexibility (around the campsite) of propane cooktop as well as not having to draw power, but I'm sure I'm missing some of the benefits of the induction system. Thanks for your input.

OP
OP
kanundrum

kanundrum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Giulia QV, R1S (S00N)
Occupation
IT
Clubs

I've always camped with open flame stoves (propane, alcohol, or wood)... really like the iKamper Disco cookset. Since I've never used an induction cooktop while camping, what are the perceived advantages? I like the portability/flexibility (around the campsite) of propane cooktop as well as not having to draw power, but I'm sure I'm missing some of the benefits of the induction system. Thanks for your input.

No smells of fumes from propane etc open flame. No open flame arguably safer. Way better heat control and more efficient.

Drawbacks are need flat cookware and need power.

Dark-Fx

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2, R1T, R1S, Livewire One, Fisker Ocean
Occupation
Engineering
Clubs

No smells of fumes from propane etc open flame. No open flame arguably safer. Way better heat control and more efficient.

Last time we went camping before having the induction top was with a coleman camping proprane stove. It was windy as heck that day and made cooking with it a nuisance.

EVTrukHog

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Explorer, Corvette C6

The fumes/safety makes sense if you're cooking inside (or very close to) your vehicle. In my mind, I don't want the food smells and/or grease that close to the interior of my vehicle.

Thanks for reply... don't want to hijack your thread.
Sponsored