Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Laguna hasn’t even started. Drove by Costa Mesa location (Briggs St) and work folks were in the building but no real Rivian logo/signage/etc
Sponsored

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Laguna hasn’t even started. Drove by Costa Mesa location (Briggs St) and work folks were in the building but no real Rivian logo/signage/etc
Isn't Costa Mesa a service center only (not too far from Tesla CM Service Center). Would be good if they had vehicles there as well to check out. Otherwise, back to Venice when the R1S arrives (distance and traffic are terrible to get there ... grrrrrr)

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Isn't Costa Mesa a service center only (not too far from Tesla CM Service Center). Would be good if they had vehicles there as well to check out. Otherwise, back to Venice when the R1S arrives (distance and traffic are terrible to get there ... grrrrrr)
I believe u r correct…the Laguna Bch location is likely going to be more like the Venice hub

andisimose

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Atlas
Regarding USB, If they car cant support USB Audio, I wonder what this statement in the owners guide is referring to when it says "read data"

Rivian R1T R1S My Q&A with Rivian reps at Venice Hub Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.28.07 AM

OP
OP
svet-am

svet-am

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S (Launch Edition Preorder)
Occupation
Embedded Systems Engineer
Regarding USB, If they car cant support USB Audio, I wonder what this statement in the owners guide is referring to when it says "read data"

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.28.07 AM.png
Agree 100% and that's why I referenced when I was at the Hub. My only guess is maybe what it means is for getting Gear Guard video out of the system??

Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 10.28.07 AM.png
Gear Guard lets you save videos to a USB drive.

The issue with playing USB audio is whether the infotainment software will support it, or not.

timf

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Clubs

Gear Guard lets you save videos to a USB drive.

The issue with playing USB audio is whether the infotainment software will support it, or not.
It sounds more like an issue of when will the software support it rather than if it ever will, since the necessary physical connection is there.

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
It sounds more like an issue of when will the software support it rather than if it ever will, since the necessary physical connection is there.
Don't underestimate the hubris of a corporation.

Both Tesla and Rivian don't offer 360-degree camera views -- something that they have the hardware to support and is available in any other vehicle at this price point (and many at much lower price points).

Rivian could have easily supported Android Auto or Apple CarPlay -- and claim they have the hardware to do so; but they refuse because they "believe they can do it better". Time will tell, but so far no one has accomplished that feat. Even the most optimistic assessment has to be "sus".

ajbrutman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LE R1T, GTI
Clubs

Are you referring Bluetooth for Audio and/or Data Connection for the Maps ?

If it's Audio, then it will depend on how bluetooth audio is implemented in the Rivian.
Here is some reference,
Bluetooth audio codecs explained: Comparing ‘lossless’ vs. ‘lossy’ compression - 9to5Mac
Qualcomm debuts lossless Bluetooth audio streaming with aptX Lossless - CNET

If it's data connection for maps, I am not able to find any source that confirms if Rivian will allow connecting to hotspots for data connection, either via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
Audio

kyunam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 LS 400, 2023 Rivian R1S
Occupation
not sure what I'm doing
Clubs

One thing I noticed at Venice hub yesterday is that the rear passenger side windows are single windows. I thought all passenger side windows are dual pane windows but front only.

(sorry if this is old news.)
Sponsored