Sponsored

CommodoreAmiga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
INACTIVE
Thanks for the answers. Skeptical about delivering all LE orders by end of year, but its also possible there are only 1000-2000 LE orders and they plan on a significant ramp up to production in November.
I'd be extremely surprised if we saw all LE's done in 2021... If they could do that in only 3 months (Oct-Dec) then I don't think they would have revised the delivery timeline to mid-2022 (change was around May 2021, I think?)
Sponsored

paariv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Died of old age during the wait
Thanks for the answers. Skeptical about delivering all LE orders by end of year, but its also possible there are only 1000-2000 LE orders and they plan on a significant ramp up to production in November.
Funny - for all of my impatience about getting my LE R1S, I'd actually prefer to wait a little and have the R1Ts get delivery, and report issues, a few months before my R1S is delivered. Would give me time to digest their complaints and would give Rivian the opportunity to fix them!

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
With over 3,500 registered members, I think the statistics would bear out that we are pretty darned representative of those in the Rivian movement.
The statement would be true, if we were a random sampling of those in the Rivian movement. Since we are not a random sampling, you can only extrapolate about the population of people interested enough to both join a forum and post on that forum. I took a number of statistics classes in college and it made me a stickler for these sorts of arguments. :)

koersontap

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None!
Occupation
Engineer
The statement would be true, if we were a random sampling of those in the Rivian movement. Since we are not a random sampling, you can only extrapolate about the population of people interested enough to both join a forum and post on that forum. I took a number of statistics classes in college and it made me a stickler for these sorts of arguments. :)
"I took a class once, so I'm an expert"

I wish that worked for everything! :CWL: (I'm not disagreeing, and you're right, so don't hate!)

jjwolf120

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1S
Occupation
TPA
"I took a class once, so I'm an expert"
These days, it's actually I watched a video on YouTube, so now I',m an expert. And it was multiple classes, albeit many years ago. :)

Sponsored

Scoiatael

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Funny - for all of my impatience about getting my LE R1S, I'd actually prefer to wait a little and have the R1Ts get delivery, and report issues, a few months before my R1S is delivered. Would give me time to digest their complaints and would give Rivian the opportunity to fix them!
Yep, as much as I want my R1T, I'm glad I don't have a LE so by time they get to my reservations any issues should be fixed.

DuckTruck

First Name
Duck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvair, BMW325, Acura Legend, XC60, '16 Caddy ELR
Clubs

JJ,

Duly noted. I still believe that with 3,500 people and the wide variety of opinions and demographics I've observed over my time here, we do closely mirror "the entirety of the Rivian-buying demographic", which was the original message I was responding to.

The full sentence was "I think we tend to do a bit of navel-gazing on these boards but we don't necessarily represent the entirety of the Rivian-buying demographic." No two populations or subsets thereof will be identical to one another, but I'll bet we're pretty damn close.

From a statistics standpoint, with 3,500 forum folks involved to varying degrees, I'd wager we're well within one standard deviation of what Rivian employees see discussed elsewhere. At least here, our forum isn't in the news for causing suicidal thoughts amongst members. That said, some people here seem overly distraught with every hint of less-than-favorable news.

Another consideration (even though I have no way of knowing the number) is that many people here are also active on Facebook. I'm guessing several items first found there make their way here, and vice-versa.

Not trying to lob turds, I just think anyone following one large social media crowd focused on a subject would find relatively similar or familiar information and concerns raised in another large (3,500+), similarly-focused crowd elsewhere in the social media universe.

I may be wrong, but I'm just sorry we can't continue this conversation over a beer or two. I know you're in Arcadia, and I'm in the Portland area, but I know of a taproom where we could do some serious random sampling and exceed the standard deviation by several factors.

Thanks for making me think! And drink... ?+?=?

Last edited:

stynes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1S LE
Clubs

Stopped in the Venice hub today. Staff was awesome (Bruce) & picked up some hats. Nice to see in person. No wait.
Are they giving the hats away or are they for sale? Can I Venmo you to send me one?

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Are they giving the hats away or are they for sale? Can I Venmo you to send me one?
Was there yesterday. No give-a-ways ... but they had various items for sale ... a little over priced (didn't need yet ANOTHER water bottle for 20-ish dollars). I'll invest that money in my Forest Green interior upgrade! LOL!

Sponsored

Careychastain

First Name
Carey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MBZ GLE450
Occupation
Retired
Clubs

Sorry…I’m 60 miles away & don’t plan on going back anytime soon…maybe u can call them? Their # is (310) 439-1590

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Was there yesterday. No give-a-ways ... but they had various items for sale ... a little over priced (didn't need yet ANOTHER water bottle for 20-ish dollars). I'll invest that money in my Forest Green interior upgrade! LOL!
Over the weekend they did give these away...
Rivian R1T R1S My Q&A with Rivian reps at Venice Hub 1634755795609

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
Over the weekend they did give these away...
1634755795609.png
Nice ... guess for only on the weekend. From the pics (and the reps) the weekend was packed. Only about 5-7 people there when I went on Tuesday afternoon -- but no giveaways ... maybe I should have asked!!!!

SANZC02

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, LE - R1S
Occupation
Retired
Nice ... guess for only on the weekend. From the pics (and the reps) the weekend was packed. Only about 5-7 people there when I went on Tuesday afternoon -- but no giveaways ... maybe I should have asked!!!!
I'm sure only having 5-7 people to contend with was way better than a free set of pins... :cool:

I have some time next month, I will probably take a ride up there so I can spend more time playing with the UI and asking more questions. There were so many people there on Saturday I felt rushed (my own issue not that anyone was saying anything or pushing me along) to allow others time to explore as well.

Tim-in-CA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
🌲🌲R1S, Lucid Air, T-Bird
I'm sure only having 5-7 people to contend with was way better than a free set of pins... :cool:

I have some time next month, I will probably take a ride up there so I can spend more time playing with the UI and asking more questions. There were so many people there on Saturday I felt rushed (my own issue not that anyone was saying anything or pushing me along) to allow others time to explore as well.
For sure ... I got to spend as much time as I wanted in the vehicle. I'll go back once they have an R1S there (probably January time frame). EDIT : Hopefully, the Laguna Beach Experience Center will be open by then ... much closer to me.
Sponsored