Sponsored

therealhoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T, 2015 Tacoma Sport, 2021 Explorer ST
Occupation
SW Engineer
I was zipping along to work today at about 70 mph and heard that wind noise. To me it sounded like the top side of the windshield. Perhaps the gap between the body and roof glass that someone else had noted. My tonneau cover also broke the second time I opened and closed it, actually at the dropoff in front of the Rivian guy. Thankfully due to the forums I totally expected that and was like, "Yep, time to test the service request in the app." Bluetooth music from the phone (iPhone 13 Pro) sometimes stops emitting sound for whatever reason and if I swap the audio source to anything else and swap it back it fixes itself. Little things here and there but overall, I looooove driving that truck. The torque alone puts a smile on my face every time I hit that pedal.
Sponsored

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
And finally - a couple of service items. I just submitted a service request this morning, so we'll see how the process and experience goes.
  • Frunk won't open without manual assistance - it thinks something is blocking it
  • Steering wheel shakes/vibrates at 70mph+. Probably a wheel balance problem
  • There's some interior headliner molding that doesn't like to go around curves - so it bows out near the corners of 3 out of 4 windows
  • Charge port cover needs to be aligned better
  • And, as mentioned above, the suspension and wind noise...noise
Just weighing in because I have had my truck for almost a week and have a couple of the same issues.

- The frunk behaves strangely. I feel like there must be a sensor thinking I'm blocking it? It doesn't want to open all the way when I press the outside button. If I trigger it from the screen button inside it goes up fine.

- Suspension clunks - I have heard these as well. I'm not sure yet. I had some of the same sounds with Tesla and sometimes I wonder if it's just the lack of engine noise that would normally cover up some of that. But I will be tracking it.

Like you - I love my truck and have no real complaints - just little things to iron out. I also turned off the lane keep assist. Tesla's is actually really good, but the others I've tried are just as bad as Rivian's version.

ironpig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T LE, 2015 4Runner, 1975 FJ55 Land Cruiser
Mine sounds more like it’s coming from the leading edge of the glass roof. It might be normal, but it’s louder than I would have expected for sure
Forgot to mention in my other post - I have VIN 45xx and similar spec to you and have no noticeable wind noise - so I hope that bodes well that yours can be fixed.

OP
OP
cohall

cohall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rivian R1T
Just had my first service visit yesterday - in order to attempt to correct some of the issues I pointed out in my original review. Figured I'd provide a quick update.

Process: Submitted a service ticket via the App - listing out my concerns. Received a call the next day from service asking me to email them some photos/videos of the issues. Emailed them the same day. Didn't hear anything for a few days, but then received a call asking a few more clarifying questions. Booked an appointment for 2 days after that. I'm close to the SC - so just drove it over there in the morning. I was given Uber credits for any travel I needed to do while they had my vehicle. Got the truck back that same night.

Actual issues and outcomes:
  • Frunk won't open without manual assistance - it thinks something is blocking it
    • Resolved - adjustment of hood alignment fixed it
    • I think resolved. They rebalanced the tires and seems quite a bit better based on a single drive I've taken at speed. Also mentioned that this is a known issue, especially with the 20" wheels. They said the vibration has a tendency to mostly go away after a few thousand miles.
  • There's some interior headliner molding that doesn't like to go around curves - so it bows out near the corners of 3 out of 4 windows
    • Unresolved. No fix apparently. Not a huge deal.
  • Charge port cover needs to be aligned better
    • Resolved. Apparently some clips on the fender/quarter panel had been missed. Attaching those clips made everything line up perfectly.
  • Suspension clanks and clunks
    • Partially resolved. They found a clip for one of the metal brake lines had disconnected, so the brake line was bouncing off something making a loud rattle sound. That made it much better, but I think there's still too many noises when hitting sharp bumps
  • Wind noise at 60+
    • In process - They confirmed abnormal wind noise coming from the leading edge of the glass top. They drove it around with tape in different areas, and think they've figured it out. Basically, the painted portion of the roof, directly behind the windshield but in front of the glass roof, is slightly deformed. They think the glass roof is catching a lot of wind because the roof dips down slightly in front of it. New roof piece and new glass roof have been ordered for replacement. Should be a few weeks as they need to paint the metal to match once they receive it. Will update later.

Side note. When the service team was looking for available appointments in Denver, he was amazed to see so much availability, including just 2 days in the future. He mentioned that there's quite the wait for service in other areas, especially CA.

Last edited:

DJG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Various
    • I think resolved. They rebalanced the tires and seems quite a bit better based on a single drive I've taken at speed. Also mentioned that this is a known issue, especially with the 20" wheels. They said the vibration has a tendency to mostly go away after a few thousand miles.
    • Unresolved. No fix apparently. Not a huge deal.
Side note. When the service team was looking for available appointments in Denver, he was amazed to see so much availability, including just 2 days in the future. He mentioned that there's quite the wait for service in other areas, especially CA.
Good to know, as I also have the steering wheel shake issue on 20's.

I have headliner fit issues around the edge where it meets the glass roof. In particular above the front passenger above the visor. I can fit my middle finger between the headliner and the glass, which is the widest gap there is. It is almost flush in the middle on all four sides, and gently slopes down creating gap as you go towards the corners. Most aren't that bad though.

I can attest to that. I'm in Austin and the Houston SC is currently serving the entire state and maybe more. Dallas has a temp location for deliveries, but no SC yet. Austin is hopefully opening in a couple months. I have had no response on any service tickets after a couple weeks, though I did call today to check in. They think mobile service might be able to come within a few weeks, but first they need to ascertain what things can be done through mobile and what needs to be inservice. They also need to determine what parts are needed and order those with an arrivale date before having it in. I'm therefore surprised at the quick turnaround you had, but the SC there must have had everything they needed already.

It's still better than my Audi, which was 3 months out for a routine checkup which had nothing to do with parts, just backlog of servicing going on right now industrywide.
Sponsored